Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1884, The NSPCC is formed.
    I hope 1824 was RSPCA being formed.
  • Who expected any different? The only meaningful development would be Duchatelet announcing he is lowing the price to something reasonable - we know there are people willing to buy us at the £30-£35m mark, one potential buyer publicised it in the Standard, but the yellow toothed madman is not going to sell at that price. Dalman, deadlines, Aussies etc... are all totally irrelevant until that happens, as sadly is this thread. 
    It’ll happen at some point and possibly already has, I don’t expect it to be confirmed anywhere or announced by RD.
  • edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    1884, The NSPCC is formed.
    I hope 1824 was RSPCA being formed.
    Blimey Daz what someone had the foresight about a Belgian madman nearly 200 years ago to form the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Addicks?  ;)
  • Since last week it's got very quiet on the rumour front... could mean we are close, could mean we are far, could be somewhere in between 
    Near, far, wherever the interested parties are...
  • Well it’s now coming up to a week since the alleged deadline for Dalman ? to complete or allow this new group a short run at completing. Rumour but no confirmation that Dalman has ditched and a bland statement that he is concentrating on Cardiff but nothing of real substance. According to our own @JamesSeed the Aussies are not out but nothing about this new group as far as I can see. Has @nla posted during this last few days. He’s likely to have some idea where we currently are and given that he was confident of a change of ownership before the kick off I would like to hear from nla again.

It ‘wasn’t’  Dalman that was given the deadline, I can assure you.
  • Well it’s now coming up to a week since the alleged deadline for Dalman ? to complete or allow this new group a short run at completing. Rumour but no confirmation that Dalman has ditched and a bland statement that he is concentrating on Cardiff but nothing of real substance. According to our own @JamesSeed the Aussies are not out but nothing about this new group as far as I can see. Has @nla posted during this last few days. He’s likely to have some idea where we currently are and given that he was confident of a change of ownership before the kick off I would like to hear from nla again.

Interesting
  • My point is that it is irrelevant who was given the deadline. The club won't be sold until the price is right.

Then what happened ? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    I am worried that the rat will want to spite us and just run the club into the ground rather than sell. I know it isn't possible at the moment, but is there any possibility in the future that he can sell anything for property development?
    People say that every year and it never happens. We’ve just paid fees for two players, I agree with Covered End, he’s just looking to break even (or get as close to it as he can).
    But is there any option for him to sell land such as the training ground  for develpment in the future? Or is it a complete impossibililty?
    A change of use (something like that) would be required and RBG have indicated they are unlikely to agree to it.
    Someone would also have to settle the ex directors loans.  The training ground is book valued at less than 7 million iirc. 
    if charlton were provided with an alternative playing venue, the valley could be granted a change of use - that would be residential (the only viable change that i could see' - this is why we always have to have one eye on who is owning the club and why
     I thought that it was said at one point that it was highly unlikely to be granted planing permission, due to access issues, both when building it and when it's lived in. Can you imagine the extra congestion with people trying to get out of Harvey Gardens and Floyd Road? Especially with the pinch points and rail crossing.
  • .....unless they sink a road under the train tracks on Ransom Walk, but it would still be carnage with a hundred + more motors on the Woolwich Road
  • Sponsored links:

Expect NLA to retract soon.
    Another 'In the know' soldier taken far too soon!
  • 1887, one of England's & probably Kent's finest all round cricketer born. He was my Great Uncle.
    Who 
  • My point is that it is irrelevant who was given the deadline. The club won't be sold until the price is right.
    Maybe it will be the Aussies after all.

Even when the price is right, ol’ Roly moves the goalposts.

This takeover doesn’t progress in a smooth line - we’ve been at the done deal stage multiple times already, only for it to stall. I fully expect it to be suddenly done out of the blue after nothing looking imminent. That’s the nature of the rat.

Nothing is done until it’s on the OS and the new owner(s) has done an interview with the media team, as far as I’m concerned.
  • 1887, one of England's & probably Kent's finest all round cricketer born. He was my Great Uncle.
    Who 
    You know, the bloke that opened the department stores everywhere. 
  • edited July 2019
    1887, one of England's & probably Kent's finest all round cricketer born. He was my Great Uncle.
    Who 
    You know, the bloke that opened the department stores everywhere. 
    Roger Daltrey? Well I'm blowed. Note to self 'Don't get fooled again'.  ;)
  • Chizz said:

This should be a new celebrity craze on twitter, try James Corden next?
  • Sponsored links:

• I cannot pick a favorite!
  • edited July 2019
    Can’t someone get these pictures on the internet or something ... they’re frigging hilarious 
  • Maybe get the famous Fulham fan to tweet them.

(Agree - they are hilarious. Some of your finest work, Chizzy).
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!