Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I posted a few updates on what RD sand SJ said on the talksport thread but to confirm we are not getting sold anytime soon that is for sure.
  • I think we can safely assume based on that interview on Talksport we are absolutely no where near being sold
  • Close the thread. 

Its over. 
  • That was the most depressing listening that, RD doesn’t even pretend that we are close to being sold now.
  • edited July 2019
    would love it if one of the interested parties could come out and talk to Jim White and call Roland out but they can't as Roland knows due to NDA. 
  • The above is what you wrote last night, @AFKABartram.

There is never "nothing" that anyone can do, about anything. Never ever. I'm really susprised to have to say to you of all people that the recent history of Charlton and its fans is the best evidence to support my statement.

kin ell.

I know what i wrote last night. I wrote it.

You tell me then what can be done to make him lower his demands?

What has been done so far, which has been unsuccessful in making him sell at a fair value / lower his demands has been:

- 50+ protests at home
    - 20+ protests in his own country
    - multiple game stoppages
    - massive security costs
    - 300+ marching through his town
    - picketing of his places of ownership and places of work
    - leafleting in his town
    - multiple flytipping of his property
    - graffeti of his properties
    - reduced income to the club
    - international press ridiculing his name
    - disruption to his local elections
    - harrassement to his key employees and their families
    - disruption at games of other clubs in his network
    - multiple interuption at STVV to his social engagements
    - disruption to his birthday celebrations with his family
    - hate mail / threats to his personal safety

basically, the kitchen sink has been thrown at it and not one of those things has been successful in forcing / encouraging him to lower his demands to a level his not comfortable with. If rumours are true, over the last couple of months he has allegedly increased his demands.

So what based on the above is so outlandish in my viewpoint that there is no evidence that protesting has been / will be successful in leading him to sell outside of a level that he in his own mind sees as him comfortable with (delivering faith in his own mind that he has not 'lost' during this experiment?)

Surely all that has happened over the last five years points to that, no? 

We just need a cunning plan...
  • After that the only theory I can think of is that he’s planning on reducing operating costs so much that he makes a small profit each financial year to tick things over until someone as mad as him comes along and is willing to pay so much that he can can recoup his massive losses. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but technically we are not for sale.
  • The only crumb I can take is that when he spouts 'the sale is close' we all disbelieve him as an idiot, when he says 'its not close' we take it as completely sane gospel. 

I dont think even he knows what he is going to say each day he wakes, one day it will be yes, I will sell.
  • The obvious follow up when Duchatelet says the price is not the issue - is to say - try selling it at a lower price then. Prove it isn't an issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Duchatelet is irrational and delusional.

Hence he has convinced himself that rather than his ridiculous asking price it is the running costs that are putting off all the walk away buyers.

So in his mind breaking even increases the likelihood of a sale even if we are relegated. Remember, in his sick mind, the football doesn't matter, it the dancing.

When will we realise, that all Duchatelet has done these past few years is waltz around us fans, everyday he puts a new twist in the takeover tale, that's why were all becoming headbangers.

• That was the most depressing listening that, RD doesn’t even pretend that we are close to being sold now.
    We are stuck with him until he dies.
  • Roland is still a knob
    He'll never sell
    I laughed when he said he did proper Due Diligence. 
    We are stuck with him until he dies.
    Him or us.
  • What a way to start a season.
  • The above is what you wrote last night, @AFKABartram.

There is never "nothing" that anyone can do, about anything. Never ever. I'm really susprised to have to say to you of all people that the recent history of Charlton and its fans is the best evidence to support my statement.

kin ell.

What has been done so far, which has been unsuccessful in making him sell at a fair value / lower his demands has been:

- 50+ protests at home
    - massive security costs
    - leafleting in his town

basically, the kitchen sink has been thrown at it and not one of those things has been successful in forcing / encouraging him to lower his demands to a level his not comfortable with. If rumours are true, over the last couple of months he has allegedly increased his demands.

So what based on the above is so outlandish in my viewpoint that there is no evidence that protesting has been / will be successful in leading him to sell outside of a level that he in his own mind sees as him comfortable with (delivering faith in his own mind that he has not 'lost' during this experiment?)

The same arguments were made in the 1980s. Nothing can be done; no one is going to pay to resurrect The Valley; we’ve been protesting for five years and we’re still not back there, etc, etc. Then we won.

This is a different problem but we are a long way from where we were four years ago. Duchatelet is publicly exposed and ridiculed. We have a credible football management set-up. He has met and engaged with a whole series of buyers and spent large sums on professional fees. 

The argument that nothing has been achieved because everything hasn’t yet been achieved doesn’t really stand up, any more than it did at Selhurst Park.
    It's an entirely different scenario and cannot be compared to our move away from the Valley. 

All the time protests cost Duchatelet money he adds it to the price, so please do tell me what will make the club more saleable if the protests continue to increase the price?

We got Roland to the point of listing the club for sale, continued actions will only cause a negative effect on the chances for him to sell. 

I'm repeating myself but, the more the protests cost Duchatelet money it seems the higher the clubs price goes out of his spite towards us.
  • seth plum said:
    Occasionally I have thought about how dramatic a gesture I could create.
    I have fantasized that when I get my terminal cancer diagnosis, then I should invade the pitch during a game in petrol soaked clothing and burn myself to death in the centre circle.
    At the moment this remains a fantasy, but as a futile gesture towards Roland it would go down in history and be remembered.
    Better that way than fading away in a hospice.
    I’m  liking this thought process  Seth , if I get it at the same time we can do a double burn up you can do it on the pitch and I’ll be cuddling Roland in a strong bear hug !
  • edited July 2019
    Of course it can. I was in the camp that nothing could be done at the time and it turned out it could. The fact Roland is acting out of spite is a far bigger leap that some make rather than the more believable, that he is just a bit mad! It certainly isn't a point of fact that is beyond any argument.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also, if you’re still convinced we are for sale..

Imagine going to buy a Ford and the geezer selling it announces on national radio that it’s running costs are far too high and he can’t wait to get rid of it and stop owning cars altogether.
    And on top of all that, the price has gone up when you get there!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The above is what you wrote last night, @AFKABartram.

kin ell.

- 50+ protests at home
    - massive security costs
    - leafleting in his town

The same arguments were made in the 1980s. Nothing can be done; no one is going to pay to resurrect The Valley; we’ve been protesting for five years and we’re still not back there, etc, etc. Then we won.

This is a different problem but we are a long way from where we were four years ago. Duchatelet is publicly exposed and ridiculed. We have a credible football management set-up. He has met and engaged with a whole series of buyers and spent large sums on professional fees. 

The argument that nothing has been achieved because everything hasn’t yet been achieved doesn’t really stand up, any more than it did at Selhurst Park.
    It's an entirely different scenario and cannot be compared to our move away from the Valley. 

All the time protests cost Duchatelet money he adds it to the price, so please do tell me what will make the club more saleable if the protests continue to increase the price?

We got Roland to the point of listing the club for sale, continued actions will only cause a negative effect on the chances for him to sell. 

I'm repeating myself but, the more the protests cost Duchatelet money it seems the higher the clubs price goes out of his spite towards us.
    The financial cost of protests are a trivial issue compared to the operating losses, which are principally a function of players' wages. Duchatalet can add what he likes to his price, but as no one will ever pay it that won't help him. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

kin ell.

- 50+ protests at home
    - massive security costs
    - leafleting in his town

The financial cost of protests are a trivial issue compared to the operating losses, which are principally a function of players' wages. Duchatalet can add what he likes to his price, but as no one will ever pay it that won't help him. 
    But it doesn't help us either? It continues to delay our sale...
  • 1950, Andy Pandy first appears on the BBC.
    Never knew Andy Pandy was as old as me - but then I was raised on Listen With Mother, as we had no TV !
  • edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

kin ell.

- 50+ protests at home
    - massive security costs
    - leafleting in his town

What is “it”, exactly? What are these protests that have cost the club money, unless you are talking about the right of supporters to keep their own money in their own pockets? 
  • edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

kin ell.

- 50+ protests at home
    - massive security costs
    - leafleting in his town

What is “it”, exactly? 

It's alive, afraid, a lie, a sin
    It's magic, it's tragic, it's a loss, it's a win
    It's dark, it's moist, it's a bitter pain
    It's sad it happened and it's a shame

You want it all but you can't have it
    It's in your face but you can't grab it
    What is it?
    It's it
    What is it?...

(Patton, Gould, Martin, Bottum, Bordin)
  • Can someone paraphrase the interview please... Missed it and at work