Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Never thought this thread would reach my birth year - 1950. Just go, Roland.

• CAFCsayer said:
    Can someone paraphrase the interview please... Missed it and at work
    @CAFCsayer can you respond to @Chartlonnick 's inbox message
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Can someone paraphrase the interview please... Missed it and at work
    @CAFCsayer can you respond to @Chartlonnick 's inbox message
    Replied and paid, sorry been a busy week
  • redbuttle said:
    Close the thread

Might as well nothing is happening seems pointless until we get some real news

• It seems to me that should RD or his 'people' are reading this site they will be reporting back that we are once again turning on each other. There are no right or wrong answers here, it's opinions, which sometimes are held differently. 
    Can we just agree to disagree about the effectiveness or not of past action, and look to what we might be able to do? 
    I don't hold out much hope but, later today, I will be sending an email to the club asking them if they will, as per the minutes of the last meeting, be updating everyone before the season starts on takeover news as they promised. I hope at least to get a response and if I do I'll let you know. 

yep - there's a danger this page could be the highlight of Rolands Christmas special - 'Katrien, stop playing with the chocolate fountain and bring the Ferrero Rocher - Hans, lieven and Thomas have just arrived and wea re going to re run page 1949' 
  • 1951 The start of The Goon Show, on the radio BBC Home Service.

Loved the Goons

• Sponsored links:

• The only way as fans that we could possibly force the old scrote to sell would be a 100% boycott. 
    We all know that for many reasons that will never happen. 
    The feel Good factor following Wembley could have taken this club a long way with a decent owner. 
    But Shitweasel has all but destroyed that single handed.
    To say I despise the prick is an understatement. 

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF 
    Not digging at you but curious why a 100% boycott would force his hand? He's not been to a game for nearly 5 years?
  • edited July 2019
    The only way as fans that we could possibly force the old scrote to sell would be a 100% boycott. 
    The feel Good factor following Wembley could have taken this club a long way with a decent owner. 

I don't think a full Boycott would work - I think that would only enhance his belief that fans are insignificant and allow him to demonstrate it - its the 'system' in place being wrong which he is more interested in. Embarrassing him in Belgium is the only way forward in my opinion and if the first couple of months of the season turns to absolute shite, I'm in
  • I've been saying I thought he'd aim to break even for several months now
  • 1951, Zebra Crossings are introduced.
  • 1951 The Festival Of Britain
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The above is what you wrote last night, @AFKABartram.

There is never "nothing" that anyone can do, about anything. Never ever. I'm really susprised to have to say to you of all people that the recent history of Charlton and its fans is the best evidence to support my statement.

kin ell.

I know what i wrote last night. I wrote it.

You tell me then what can be done to make him lower his demands?

What has been done so far, which has been unsuccessful in making him sell at a fair value / lower his demands has been:

- 50+ protests at home
    - 20+ protests in his own country
    - multiple game stoppages
    - massive security costs
    - 300+ marching through his town
    - picketing of his places of ownership and places of work
    - leafleting in his town
    - multiple flytipping of his property
    - graffeti of his properties
    - reduced income to the club
    - international press ridiculing his name
    - disruption to his local elections
    - harrassement to his key employees and their families
    - disruption at games of other clubs in his network
    - multiple interuption at STVV to his social engagements
    - disruption to his birthday celebrations with his family
    - hate mail / threats to his personal safety

basically, the kitchen sink has been thrown at it and not one of those things has been successful in forcing / encouraging him to lower his demands to a level his not comfortable with. If rumours are true, over the last couple of months he has allegedly increased his demands.

So what based on the above is so outlandish in my viewpoint that there is no evidence that protesting has been / will be successful in leading him to sell outside of a level that he in his own mind sees as him comfortable with (delivering faith in his own mind that he has not 'lost' during this experiment?)

Surely all that has happened over the last five years points to that, no? 

The same arguments were made in the 1980s. Nothing can be done; no one is going to pay to resurrect The Valley; we’ve been protesting for five years and we’re still not back there, etc, etc. Then we won.

This is a different problem but we are a long way from where we were four years ago. Duchatelet is publicly exposed and ridiculed. We have a credible football management set-up. He has met and engaged with a whole series of buyers and spent large sums on professional fees. 

The argument that nothing has been achieved because everything hasn’t yet been achieved doesn’t really stand up, any more than it did at Selhurst Park.
    It's an entirely different scenario and cannot be compared to our move away from the Valley. 

All the time protests cost Duchatelet money he adds it to the price, so please do tell me what will make the club more saleable if the protests continue to increase the price?

We got Roland to the point of listing the club for sale, continued actions will only cause a negative effect on the chances for him to sell. 

I'm repeating myself but, the more the protests cost Duchatelet money it seems the higher the clubs price goes out of his spite towards us.
    The financial cost of protests are a trivial issue compared to the operating losses, which are principally a function of players' wages. Duchatalet can add what he likes to his price, but as no one will ever pay it that won't help him. 
    Duchatelet is hanging on to a valid point about football being broken to deflect from the fact that he absolutely CAN sell the club at what most would call a reasonable price, but chooses not to because he wants more.  
  • DOUCHER said:
    The only way as fans that we could possibly force the old scrote to sell would be a 100% boycott. 

I don't think a full Boycott would work - I think that would only enhance his belief that fans are insignificant and allow him to demonstrate it - its the 'system' in place being wrong which he is more interested in. Embarrassing him in Belgium is the only way forward in my opinion and if the first couple of months of the season turns to absolute shite, I'm in
    So would you be protesting about Roland owning the club or about the results?  Genuinely intrested.  

I know the ownership is reflected in the results by why would it take the season turning to shite to kick start it? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    seth plum said:
    Occasionally I have thought about how dramatic a gesture I could create.
    I have fantasized that when I get my terminal cancer diagnosis, then I should invade the pitch during a game in petrol soaked clothing and burn myself to death in the centre circle.
    At the moment this remains a fantasy, but as a futile gesture towards Roland it would go down in history and be remembered.
    Better that way than fading away in a hospice.
    I bet this makes cheerful reading for Paddy!!  
    He had planned a cremation so he's quids in. ;)
  • we,you,i ,CAST etc etc can NOT hurt Rolands pocket he has €800 million in his bin. 
    Once the penny drops that he is not acting in anyway "business like" re CAFC or football in general then the protest cant hurt him financially.

It was his EGO that told him to form his own political party which bombed.
    It was his EGO that told him by having a portfolio of clubs he could swop players etc etc it bombed.
    It was his EGO that told him he didnt need to undertake a proper DD when he brought us.

Target his EGO. Damage his ego,he goes.

EGO not POCKET

Choice is do nothing or something and doing nothing is just that NOTHING

How do you shame the shameless - answers on a post card to a bunker somewhere in Belgium.

If there is proper regulation o

I agree rationality and finances don't come into it with RD.  What is needed is a cool analysis of what has hurt his ego the most to date and then it needs to be repeated a hundredfold.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:

So would you be protesting about Roland owning the club or about the results?  Genuinely intrested.  

I know the ownership is reflected in the results by why would it take the season turning to shite to kick start it? 

Because if it goes well, there's nothing to protest about - I don't care how shallow that looks to some on here, that's it - please don't come back about all the other stuff, I've heard it a million times and agree but that's it - I wouldn't even contemplate going to Belgium if things were going well.
  • What got RD out of Standard Liege?
  • sm said:
    What got RD out of Standard Liege?
    Some pointers in my post two pages back
  • The only way as fans that we could possibly force the old scrote to sell would be a 100% boycott. 

I don't disagree, but Blackpool did it for years and it never worked there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!