Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Happy Days
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

cfgs said:

Although if the deal has been agreed with two parties and it is now down to the lawyers, how does that work? If it is finalising a deal you can't do it with both parties at once, so surely only one party is at the final stage or we are still a long way off.

I read it to mean the two parties, rd and the buyer
    "Richard Murray has said that a price for a takeover of the club has been agreed with two separate parties "
  • Options

cfgs said:

Although if the deal has been agreed with two parties and it is now down to the lawyers, how does that work? If it is finalising a deal you can't do it with both parties at once, so surely only one party is at the final stage or we are still a long way off.

I was about to ask the same question. How could two parties still be involved if it has gone this far down the line and who decides which one wins through in the end if the bid price is equal?
    Roland will move goalposts last minute and sees which one will pay off. Is my guess.
    He does that and they both walk away. Guarantee it.
  • Options
    I know I ain't the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to this, but how can a deal have been done with two separate parties?
  • Options

Charlton Athletic Director Richard Murray has said that a price for a takeover of the club has been agreed with two separate parties and that the deal is now with the lawyers.

Following the news that the club was for sale, Murray updated fan representatives on January 20th where he said: “My opinion, and this is only an opinion of what might happen, I would say the most likely month is February.”

He updated fans again earlier this month where he referenced because of a non-disclosure agreement he has signed, he can’t reveal the names and certain information of the parties involved in takeover talks.

With February drawing to a close he said today: “I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year. Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.

"You can never tell how long lawyers will take but I’ve been informed it should be within the next few weeks. Once the new ownership has been legally achieved, we will inform everyone via our official channels.”

How can anyone say they have agreed a deal with two parties? You can negotiate terms, but there has to be final winner. They certainly can't state it's simply down to lawyers to conclude the sale.
  • Options
    Two separate parties
  • Options

Charlton Athletic Director Richard Murray has said that a price for a takeover of the club has been agreed with two separate parties and that the deal is now with the lawyers.

Following the news that the club was for sale, Murray updated fan representatives on January 20th where he said: “My opinion, and this is only an opinion of what might happen, I would say the most likely month is February.”

He updated fans again earlier this month where he referenced because of a non-disclosure agreement he has signed, he can’t reveal the names and certain information of the parties involved in takeover talks.

With February drawing to a close he said today: “I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year. Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.

"You can never tell how long lawyers will take but I’ve been informed it should be within the next few weeks. Once the new ownership has been legally achieved, we will inform everyone via our official channels.”

We already knew all about the deals being agreed 2 or 3 weeks ago thanks to @Airman Brown and @Redhenry so does that mean we are even closer to the Takeover happening than Murray suggests here?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it as simple as whoever gets the paper sorted first gets the club?
  • Options
    Am I missing something here? How do you agree a deal to sell one football club to two separate parties?

Maybe Roland really is a genius because I am lost on this one!
  • Options
    Please don't be the Aussie's who were looking down the back of the sofa
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Am I missing something here? How do you agree a deal to sell one football club to two separate parties?

You're in very good company by missing it @Missed It , because I missed it an all
  • Options
    Tbh I thought agreeing a price would have been the hardest thing to do.
    The fact that it's been agreed with two separate bidders can only be a good thing.
  • Options

Tbh I thought agreeing a price would have been the hardest thing to do.
    The fact that it's been agreed with two separate bidders can only be a good thing.

Yeah but are they now paying their legal reps shit loads of dough, only for one of em to be turned down at the last hurdle?
  • Options
    So if two parties are involved, is it like buying a house where they've both offered an acceptable price (let's say £70m) and whoever can get their mortgage arranged first is the winner?
  • Options
    Come oooooon loaded and ambitious owners!
  • Options
    Maybe if Roland sells us to the two separate parties for £28.5m each, he will get his £55m debt repaid?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “It was two minutes fives minutes ago Turkish!” Springs to mind.
  • Options
    I am assuming they can only now have agreed the terms of the deal with one of the two parties Murray had previously referred to. However, the latest statement seems slightly ambiguous doesn't it?
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

How can anyone say they have agreed a deal with two parties? You can negotiate terms, but there has to be final winner. They certainly can't state it's simply down to lawyers to conclude the sale.
    He hasn't said that at all. What he said is that there were negotiations with two parties at the time he made the statement. Now the parties actually involved i.e the buyer and the seller have reached agreement on price and all that is awaited is the lawyers finalising the purchase and sale agreements. Despite the use of the word parties twice and quite incorrectly we will only be sold to one purchaser.

I have to say that it is by any measure a poorly worded statement but I believe we are nearing the end. Anyone who has ever bought a house however will know how long it can take the lawyers to finalise a purchase - hence the ridiculous time lag between exchange of contracts and completion when actually all the paperwork is already in place and merely needs printing.
    Cheers for that mate, it now all becomes clear
  • Options
    Not two weeks.
    Few weeks.
    Nothing new as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Missed It said:

I just don’t understand this. Why ‘a party’ would be progressing with very expensive lawyer fees etc on an agreed deal to find the deal at some stage ‘unagreed’

Someone help me out
  • Options
    It could still fall through just like the Zabeel deal did a few years ago.
  • Options

Missed It said:

I just don’t understand this. Why ‘a party’ would be progressing with very expensive lawyer fees etc on an agreed deal to find the deal at some stage ‘unagreed’

Someone help me out
    Ibborg is your man.
  • Options

Missed It said:

Someone help me out
    Smells of the Ozzie’s being used as a bit of a Pawn to me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!