Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

“I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year."

He then misses out here that one party dropped out, so the second time he uses the "parties" below, he's referring to the buyer and RD

"Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.

If it was only one prospective buyer surely this sentence would have read differently though?
  • Options
    Buying the red and white scarves was the key to winning the bidding war. FACT
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    barstool said:

Its the same as the current sale of Sky, Fox have made a bid and so now have Comcast so its up then to the shareholders to decide ie Roland. Its a straight fight

We're screwed then
  • Options
    Agreed a Deal with Two Parties? Could they be joining up together ?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

“I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year."

He then misses out here that one party dropped out, so the second time he uses the "parties" below, he's referring to the buyer and RD

"Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.

If it was only one prospective buyer surely this sentence would have read differently though?
    RD's lawyers and the buyers lawyers? (as it ends with "...to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.")
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Could another explanation be that one party is buying the land the other party the Club? Just thought!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options

Could another explanation be that one party is buying the land the other party the Club? Just thought!

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe a price has been agreed by 2 parties - they have both met RD's price and whichever meets the solicitors requirements gets the club?

OR They took the club on Dragon's Den and 2 dragons are investing together?!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Uboat said:

This statement has created more questions than answers.

What sort of questions?
    Because he states that 'a price for a takeover of the club has been agreed with two separate parties and that the deal is now with the lawyers'.

How can an agreement be with two SEPARATE parties then say that THE deal is now with the lawyers.?
  • Options

This statement has created more questions than answers.

I suspect we are fooling ourselves if we think Murray is very close to the process - the more he speaks on the subject, the more I think he is just acting as RD's mouthpiece.
  • Options
    @AFKABartram @Stig @LoOkOuT @cabbles @Dazzler21 Won't one of you update the damn bite size thread...
  • Options

RD's lawyers and the buyers lawyers? (as it ends with "...to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.")
    Ok. Fair enough.

So is it safe to assume that there is only one party left in the race and it's most likely not the Aussies?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seem to remember Angeldust on that weird place said that the Aussies were Roland's fail safe. The two values that have been agreed could be different for each party.
  • Options
    I was confused the moment i didn't see the corner flag as the backdrop on an official Charlton statement....
  • Options
    At least he clarified it was February this year.

Which is a relief.
  • Options
    @paulie8290 come back mate... It's Happening!
  • Options

I was confused the moment i didn't see the corner flag as the backdrop on an official Charlton statement....

Obviously a fixture or fitting that RD wants to keep
  • Options
    Stopped snowing in Bexley if that helps.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    say

Seem to remember Angeldust on that weird place said that the Aussies were Roland's fail safe. The two values that have been agreed could be different for each party.

Seems maybe the other party our offering better terms or look a better bet to get to the prem to achieve more payments for rd. the Aussies are being kept there just in case
  • Options
    What disappointed me was that this statement was given prominence but nothing on the OS about the Bromley Addicks meeting being cancelled.

Sort your priorities out @Ollywozere
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!