Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018

Missed It said:

Am I missing something here? How do you agree a deal to sell one football club to two separate parties?

Maybe Roland really is a genius because I am lost on this one!

I just don’t understand this. Why ‘a party’ would be progressing with very expensive lawyer fees etc on an agreed deal to find the deal at some stage ‘unagreed’

Someone help me out

What @JWADDICK said mate, it's a not very well written statement

JWADDICK said:

Charlton Athletic Director Richard Murray has said that a price for a takeover of the club has been agreed with two separate parties and that the deal is now with the lawyers.

Following the news that the club was for sale, Murray updated fan representatives on January 20th where he said: “My opinion, and this is only an opinion of what might happen, I would say the most likely month is February.”

He updated fans again earlier this month where he referenced because of a non-disclosure agreement he has signed, he can’t reveal the names and certain information of the parties involved in takeover talks.

With February drawing to a close he said today: “I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year. Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.

"You can never tell how long lawyers will take but I’ve been informed it should be within the next few weeks. Once the new ownership has been legally achieved, we will inform everyone via our official channels.”

How can anyone say they have agreed a deal with two parties? You can negotiate terms, but there has to be final winner. They certainly can't state it's simply down to lawyers to conclude the sale.
    He hasn't said that at all. What he said is that there were negotiations with two parties at the time he made the statement. Now the parties actually involved i.e the buyer and the seller have reached agreement on price and all that is awaited is the lawyers finalising the purchase and sale agreements. Despite the use of the word parties twice and quite incorrectly we will only be sold to one purchaser.

I have to say that it is by any measure a poorly worded statement but I believe we are nearing the end. Anyone who has ever bought a house however will know how long it can take the lawyers to finalise a purchase - hence the ridiculous time lag between exchange of contracts and completion when actually all the paperwork is already in place and merely needs printing.

• Options
    I read it as there were two parties, now there's one left and they've agreed a price with Roland.
  • Options

I read it as there were two parties, now there's one left and they've agreed a price with Roland.

Give yourself a gold star
  • Options
    Deal to be completed manana, as predicted months ago.
  • Options
    How reliable, these days, is Mr Murray?
  • Options
    This statement has created more questions than answers.
  • Options
    I for one welcome our new Scandinavian owners and hope to benefit from discounted cheap yet functional furniture and clothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

Charlton Athletic Director Richard Murray has said that a price for a takeover of the club has been agreed with two separate parties and that the deal is now with the lawyers.

Following the news that the club was for sale, Murray updated fan representatives on January 20th where he said: “My opinion, and this is only an opinion of what might happen, I would say the most likely month is February.”

He updated fans again earlier this month where he referenced because of a non-disclosure agreement he has signed, he can’t reveal the names and certain information of the parties involved in takeover talks.

With February drawing to a close he said today: “I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year. Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.

"You can never tell how long lawyers will take but I’ve been informed it should be within the next few weeks. Once the new ownership has been legally achieved, we will inform everyone via our official channels.”

How can anyone say they have agreed a deal with two parties? You can negotiate terms, but there has to be final winner. They certainly can't state it's simply down to lawyers to conclude the sale.
    He hasn't said that at all. What he said is that there were negotiations with two parties at the time he made the statement. Now the parties actually involved i.e the buyer and the seller have reached agreement on price and all that is awaited is the lawyers finalising the purchase and sale agreements. Despite the use of the word parties twice and quite incorrectly we will only be sold to one purchaser.

I have to say that it is by any measure a poorly worded statement but I believe we are nearing the end. Anyone who has ever bought a house however will know how long it can take the lawyers to finalise a purchase - hence the ridiculous time lag between exchange of contracts and completion when actually all the paperwork is already in place and merely needs printing.
    Agree with your interpretation. Also that it is very poorly worded statement given how some have interpreted it.
  • Options
    It's like the photo of the white dress that some weirdos though was blue
  • Options

Missed It said:

Am I missing something here? How do you agree a deal to sell one football club to two separate parties?

Maybe Roland really is a genius because I am lost on this one!

I just don’t understand this. Why ‘a party’ would be progressing with very expensive lawyer fees etc on an agreed deal to find the deal at some stage ‘unagreed’

Someone help me out
    I’ll tweet you ASAP with the info!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

How reliable, these days, is Mr Murray?

Rumour has it that he takes a shit every day at 07.55 and invariably wipes his ass twice.
  • Options

But that’s not what’s said!
    Ahhh. I'll reread it over a Pot Noodle.
  • Options
    2 bidders both price being agreed, I have no experience of these things but it sounds complicated. Can only see this dragging on for a few more months yet
  • Options

Does this mean two parties joining together to buy the club or two parties in a 'race to the line' ?!

Or to the death.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    “I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year."

He then misses out here that one party dropped out, so the second time he uses the "parties" below, he's referring to the buyer and RD

"Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.
  • Options
    ''the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement''

I read this as RD and one other party?

Maybe one party pulled out? eg Muir lot from Scotland?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Minted Asian and Red Bull left in is my guess.
  • Options

And the more I find out the less I know
  • Options
    Sorry if I don’t believe a word that comes out of Murray’s mouth .
  • Options

What sort of questions?
  • Options
    I think the two separate parties are indeed Duchelet and just one other and its almost as if RM no longer sees RD as owning us, hence the 'weird' convoluted language.
  • Options
    Its the same as the current sale of Sky, Fox have made a bid and so now have Comcast so its up then to the shareholders to decide ie Roland. Its a straight fight
  • Options

“I said in January that negotiations with two parties on the takeover were continuing well and I hoped a deal would be concluded in February of this year."

He then misses out here that one party dropped out, so the second time he uses the "parties" below, he's referring to the buyer and RD

"Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement.

That makes sense and is probably what he means, just confusing use of 'parties'. Hopefully he can just clarify the point.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!