Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

It's only my opinion. I had a contact involved with the Scottish consortium and I know for a fact they are gone and won't be coming back.

I believe RD is playing a waiting game and trying to use the two parties to get the best deal. Murrays statement yesterday would back that view up.

Nobody is going to pay anywhere near RD's original asking price. The best he can hope for is some decent promotional clauses.

The good news is that would mean he would rather sell to the party capable of getting us up, rather than spiting us as some have suggested.

The price has been agreed with 2 parties though!
  • Options

It's only my opinion. I had a contact involved with the Scottish consortium and I know for a fact they are gone and won't be coming back.

I believe RD is playing a waiting game and trying to use the two parties to get the best deal. Murrays statement yesterday would back that view up.

Nobody is going to pay anywhere near RD's original asking price. The best he can hope for is some decent promotional clauses.

The good news is that would mean he would rather sell to the party capable of getting us up, rather than spiting us as some have suggested.

I agree with all of that, but the fact remains that Murray's statement says: "We are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement."

That is not consistent with the idea those two parties are still negotiating on price or are unwilling to meet the price they have "agreed".
    yeah obviously a fair point given the wording of the statement.

But I just don't buy the fact two parties are off finalising a deal. So that means one party are going to spend a fortune and end up with nothing? I can't see any respectable businessman being that stupid.

It's entirely possible that figures are agreed, but not the conditions. For example, I know Roland wanted 5mil from the Scottish group if we were promoted to the Champ.

Maybe Roland has agreed to sell to parties for 35 mil, and its being negotiated how much of that figure will be paid up front.

• Options
    edited March 2018

I agree with all of that, but the fact remains that Murray's statement says: "We are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement."

That is not consistent with the idea those two parties are still negotiating on price or are unwilling to meet the price they have "agreed".

But I just don't buy the fact two parties are off finalising a deal. So that means one party are going to spend a fortune and end up with nothing? I can't see any respectable businessman being that stupid.

It's entirely possible that figures are agreed, but not the conditions. For example, I know Roland wanted 5mil from the Scottish group if we were promoted to the Champ.

Maybe Roland has agreed to sell to parties for 35 mil, and its being negotiated how much of that figure will be paid up front.

No, that's why the statement refers to the "terms" also being agreed. That aspect is obviously critical.
  • Options

No, that's why the statement refers to the "terms" also being agreed.
    so you believe Murray, that two parties are both working with their lawyers to finalise the deal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

I hope one of the lawyers isn't a certain decorated alumnus of the University of Leuven...

I think google translate has mangled that!
  • Options
    lawsojo said:

Am I missing something? My reading of yesterday''s statement is that two parties met the price requirement; RD for whatever reason is now pursuing the sale to one of these parties. Reference to two parties now progressing legal/contractual arrangements relates to RD and the prospective purchaser.

Scroll back a few pages. Clarification on that specific point was sought from Olly Groome (Charlton comms) and he confirmed there were still 2 bidders in the running. Confusing that 2 bidders are still in the process at the stage when lawyers are working on a sale and purchase agreement, but some on here have advanced potential explanations for that.
  • Options

Does anyone actually know who RedHenry is?
    And by that I mean actually know him not just in the virtual sense?

Or is he just someone who guessed something right a while ago and his kudos grew from that.

His answers are so peculiar and vague at times. I have my doubts.

Because someone answers in a way that doesn’t suit you doesn’t mean he isn’t he isn’t genuine. My best man and godfather to my son, best mate for 34 years and well known in the city. Some people have discretion, and do not abuse there people’s trust.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Now can anyone confirm that this person is real?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Scooby Doo? And that's why Velma's been seen around the place recently???

You're on a roll today, but don't spoil it by setting up your own jokes.
    Will you be my stooge?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I hope one of the lawyers isn't a certain decorated alumnus of the University of Leuven...

That would certainly explain what is holding all of this up
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

MarcusH26 said:

The comment from Redhenry about the group he knows about being " well-known" has completely thrown me.

It’s an individual
    so Mel B and not the spice girls as a consortium ?
  • Options

so you believe Murray, that two parties are both working with their lawyers to finalise the deal?
    What he says is that "we" are just waiting for this to happen. I think the potential area of doubt from that form of words is whether either of them will actually put the money they have agreed on the table when it comes to it. It cannot be the price itself or the terms.

To those people arguing that Murray is a liar and therefore the statement is not to be trusted, I would simply say that there is a world of difference between saying things at public meetings or on the margins of them that are not robust and putting out a formal statement with your name attached to specific remarks. Murray knows that.

It's also naive to think his only motivation would be to head off protests in the short-term and therefore he will say anything to do that. Why would he bother? In the medium term his reputation would be destroyed and that's what he cares about.
    fair enough, another valid explanation.

I have to say I believe RedHenry though, and he is saying no price has been agreed.

I am not saying Murray is a liar, but Roland is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What he says is that "we" are just waiting for this to happen. I think the potential area of doubt from that form of words is whether either of them will actually put the money they have agreed on the table when it comes to it. It cannot be the price itself or the terms.

To those people arguing that Murray is a liar and therefore the statement is not to be trusted, I would simply say that there is a world of difference between saying things at public meetings or on the margins of them that are not robust and putting out a formal statement with your name attached to specific remarks. Murray knows that.

It's also naive to think his only motivation would be to head off protests in the short-term and therefore he will say anything to do that. Why would he bother? In the medium term his reputation would be destroyed and that's what he cares about.

I have to say I believe RedHenry though, and he is saying no price has been agreed.

What motive would Duchatelet have to mislead Murray that both price and terms have been agreed with two parties if no price has been agreed with anyone...?

• Options
    Surely there's someone on here who knows RM well enough to ask him to clarify parts of the official statement? After all, the intention was to update supporters and it hasn't exactly done that has it....
  • Options

Are we any further ahead from the last statement?
    IMHO it's just a few more words from Murray to placate the fans. The threat of resuming protests has resulted in two communications and neither suggest to me that we are close to a takeover. We are still in a position where both parties could pull out. Roland has the final say. He's succeeded in quietening the protests when they need stepping up.

This long, drawn-out takeover saga has prompted much euphoria, pessimism, optimism, cynicism; and now we have confusion. For several months the default has been to wait, be patient and to see what transpires. An inertia has developed, punctuated by periods of great excitement and "it's happening" GIFs, with each new rumour that emerges or statement that's made by RM.

Patience has it's place of course, but the level of procrastination displayed by Duchatelet might suggest that a series of un-subtle nudges in his direction might help focus his mind. Come on ROT, where are ya!

• Options
    micks1950 said:

What motive would Duchatelet have to mislead Murray that both price and terms have been agreed with two parties if no price has been agreed with anyone...?

I gave up trying to figure Roland out a long time ago.

Roland is all about the money and at the end of the day he will try and get the best deal possible. I don't blame him for this but he will use each interested party to try and get the price up.
  • Options
    An agreement on price with both bidders is quite conceivable; The difference being the manner in which that price is met.
  • Options
    Until its on Right Move i won't believe its happened!
  • Options

The available data from comments (both official and on here) would suggest there are 3 parties. 2 of whom have agreed price/terms and a third (RedHenry's lot) who haven't agreed a price, but Roland is hoping will gazump the other two as they have deeper pockets.

That fits what we know, and explains why RedHenry believes a price hasn't been agreed. It also explains why it's taking so long to get over the line despite price and terms being agreed, Roland is deliberately going slow to all the third party time to swoop in. Having 2 buyers with price and terms agreed makes Roland more confident that he can afford to wait for the third party, surely he'll feel the chances of losing both buyer whilst waiting for the third is a lot less than if he had agreed a sale with just one buyer.

Still doesn’t square with Murray saying that it’s with lawyers for completion though does it.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!