Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

The available data from comments (both official and on here) would suggest there are 3 parties. 2 of whom have agreed price/terms and a third (RedHenry's lot) who haven't agreed a price, but Roland is hoping will gazump the other two as they have deeper pockets.

That fits what we know, and explains why RedHenry believes a price hasn't been agreed. It also explains why it's taking so long to get over the line despite price and terms being agreed, Roland is deliberately going slow to all the third party time to swoop in. Having 2 buyers with price and terms agreed makes Roland more confident that he can afford to wait for the third party, surely he'll feel the chances of losing both buyer whilst waiting for the third is a lot less than if he had agreed a sale with just one buyer.

Still doesn’t square with Murray saying that it’s with lawyers for completion though does it.

Possibly, I'm just guessing here really.

Does Murray's statement say who's lawyers it's with? Could it be that both offers are with RD's lawyers, who are currently going over the details/schedules of each offer to make a recommendation to RD about which is the best for him? That would also allow RD to pontificate for a while and allow the third potential buyer time to make an offer.
  • Options

The available data from comments (both official and on here) would suggest there are 3 parties. 2 of whom have agreed price/terms and a third (RedHenry's lot) who haven't agreed a price, but Roland is hoping will gazump the other two as they have deeper pockets.

That fits what we know, and explains why RedHenry believes a price hasn't been agreed. It also explains why it's taking so long to get over the line despite price and terms being agreed, Roland is deliberately going slow to all the third party time to swoop in. Having 2 buyers with price and terms agreed makes Roland more confident that he can afford to wait for the third party, surely he'll feel the chances of losing both buyer whilst waiting for the third is a lot less than if he had agreed a sale with just one buyer.

Still doesn’t square with Murray saying that it’s with lawyers for completion though does it.

Possibly, I'm just guessing here really.

Does Murray's statement say who's lawyers it's with? Could it be that both offers are with RD's lawyers, who are currently going over the details/schedules of each offer to make a recommendation to RD about which is the best for him? That would also allow RD to pontificate for a while and allow the third potential buyer time to make an offer.
    I think I’m right in saying he said “with their respective lawyers”

• Options
    Think I get what's going on? So analogy time.

Years ago, when I was still at school, Roland at number 32 had his BMX for sale. It had seen better days but in its day was near the top of the range. Mag wheels, double stunt nuts. The lot. I really wanted to buy it but knew dealing with Roland would be hard work. He was a weird bugger.
    I also knew Bruce cobber from the other estate was interested as I had seen him giving it the once over in Roland's garden only the week before.
    Paying for it was going to be my next problem. Only having a paper round and not a lot of savings, I might have to get dad involved and he wouldn't want me paying over the odds. I spent the next few weeks backward and forward to Roland's place discussing various funding options. All up front? Weekly installments?monthly installments? Roland was still asking for too much overall imo.
    Bruce must have been having the same grief. Between us we were backwards and forwards to that place more than I'd care to remember!

Finally Roland succumbed to a price I agreed with as well as a decent payment method in my eyes. Roland said bring the first payment by the end of next week and the bike is yours. I now just had to get the old man involved. I'm pretty sure Bruce was offered the same terms and price. He just had to come back with the money.

This is where we're at in my crazy mind.
  • Options

https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/

#66 Alisher Usmanov would fit the bill.

Mark Zuckerberg
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

at last, well done @cafcfan1990

are your lot Australian red henry?
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

Autralian Henry? Weren't he in Neighbours?
  • Options
    Well i am glad Murray cleared that up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Now I know how those weird religious sects feel when they go round predicting the end of the World and then nothing happens.

Relieved?

• Options
    Please could someone kindly summarize what Red Henry has confirmed.

Thanks .
  • Options

Excellent summary of the situation which I am inclined to believe.
  • Options
    apologies - they might have a moustache - it varies of course - again, no axe to grind, but Red henry's lot are not one of the two but could be waiting out there in the long grass if one of those two don't complete.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

I hope one of the lawyers isn't a certain decorated alumnus of the University of Leuven...

I think google translate has mangled that!
    Singular of alumni. I like to show off my Latin O-level from time to time.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

He's confirmed that his lot don't have black hair, are foreign (if you live in Britain), don't have a moustache and haven't agreed anything but do have a lot of money. His reputation is firmly on the line with that lot.
    You've stated they are Brits or Aussies, right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

He's confirmed that his lot don't have black hair, are foreign (if you live in Britain), don't have a moustache and haven't agreed anything but do have a lot of money. His reputation is firmly on the line with that lot.
    1 of each
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Fumbluff said:

DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

Do they have a moustache?
    hmm
    Is it Bob Carolgees?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

1 of each
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

1 of each
    the 'chosen 2' that is, not red henrys panthers -
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Fumbluff said:

DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

Do they have a moustache?
    hmm
    Is it Bob Carolgees?
    was the bloke who owned Matterson's foreign?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

1 of each
    I really hope you're wrong, but still treat your posts the same as anyone else's, cards are on the table, battle of ITKness is here, time will tell who is the winner.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

1 of each
    I really hope you're wrong, but still treat your posts the same as anyone else's, cards are on the table, battle of ITKness is here, time will tell who is the winner.
    thanks but I'm just here to help
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

1 of each
    I'd piss meself if it's David Essex or Scooby Doo
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

Oh no, back to the Bernard references again

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!