Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Knew we'd get to trains at some stage!
  • Options
    Blimey, this thread has settled down quickly - once the takeover is done will we get a new post takeover thread - maybe give takeover players marks out of 10?
  • Options
    I thought this thread started around November time, I’ve just checked and it was April!!

It’s dominated CL for nearly 12 months. It’ll be so dull on here after the takeover happens...
  • Options
    Laura MUIR wins the athletics... a sign?

I did think of just putting “Muir wins” but decided it would not be very amusing!
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Forget Beckham he's only worth c£340m it's @Henry Irving 's long lost American relative James Irving;

REAL TIME NET WORTH — as of 3/1/18
    $8.4 B

If it is Beckham I suppose Victoria could engage with the fans by flogging programmes.
    So, if I've got this right, you're saying Sticky Vicky is coming out of retirement to satisfy the BDSM proclivities of certain supporters by running courses on flagellation?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    There has been speculation that some false stories were given to staff at Charlton to either muddy the waters or to find those leaking news.

Lesson 1: How to show trust in your staff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Henry Irving . Good summary. Date wrong though at top?

Given the weather, understandable :-)
  • Options

@Henry Irving . Good summary. Date wrong though at top?

Given the weather, understandable :-)

changed, thanks
  • Options
    Meanwhile who is running the gaff?
    Season ticket prices are being announced by other clubs, knowing which division you're in seems to be a red herring in this instance.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Can't we just wait and see who the new owners are when it happens? This dissection of every word and sentence is doing my head in.

Agreed.

I could see a scenario where the Aussies did DD and agreed a price then said they needed time to raise investment and went past their exclusivity period. RD says to them he will continue to look for other purchasers then and finds redhenrys Uber trillionaires and agrees a price with them and gives them exclusivity on a SPA. The mega rich are happy, the Aussies have not been mistreated and are kept in the wings if the others do not perform and they can raise the funds.

Not in the know, just adding 2+2, but it seems plausible.

Wait, so our new owners are Uber founders Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

There has been speculation that some false stories were given to staff at Charlton to either muddy the waters or to find those leaking news.

That is shocking
    Is that sarcastic @Redhenry or serious?
  • Options

Summary 2.3.18

<

- There has been speculation that some false stories were given to staff at Charlton to either muddy the waters or to find those leaking news

-

Or just given to Murray, so he can appease the fans for a while.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    and lets not forget the nice person on here who tells Burger Boy all the naughty names he gets called----defo a "Berty Smalls" about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    We have not had poetry in the thread for a number of pages.

Seems there are many poems about false dawns if you have the mind to Google. But, this is the most poignant I think to our situation...

after so many false dawns 
promising warmth and light 
he eventually decides 
simply to live forever 
in the cold dark night

(sorry didn't show the author)
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Swisdom said:

Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

That is shocking
    To be honest i've been expecting this to happen for a while. There are so many leaks at the club it's a joke.

Those leaking info are likely to be in breach of their employment contracts and therefore likely to be sacked if caught. If the day to day management is as poor as has been leaked it's no wonder people wanted to leak information and with management the way it has been then those leaking must know they were playing with fire.

This whole shitty and sorry saga is nearly over and it's time to rebuild and re-group Onwards and upwards...we hope

Yep, so many leaks we all know exactly what is going on.....
    Not necessarily the names of the prospective owners - but there is a lot that breaks on informal channels than formal ones and thats harmful for any business

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I’ve skipped a few pages...is there anything in the new banner message at the top of the home page??

I’m getting “#Welcome Saudi Crown Prince”

This then links to a twitter page set up to welcome Mohammed Bin Salman on his visit to the UK between 7th and 9th March.

iinah yahduth!!

Apparently that means “it’s happening” in Arabic!!! :wink:
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

That is shocking
    Sadly, I have good reason to believe this has happened/ will happen.

@Swisdom above calls it right. Sad all round.

• Options
    Poop.

The defined period of time where Roland Duchatelet took over Charlton Athletic Football Club before leaving the club in a far worse position.
  • Options
    Any update on DSO Inspector Cliff Eaves?

Seems to be quiet at the moment or is he busy sending out fake news to unsuspecting individuals and closely monitoring this site?
  • Options
    But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!