Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Addickted said:

Any update on DSO Inspector Cliff Eaves?

Seems to be quiet at the moment or is he busy sending out fake news to unsuspecting individuals and closely monitoring this site?

I thought he'd moved to share a bedsit in Sheffield with David Badjumper?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

@AFKABartram
    Was that a deliberate error to credit @DOUCHER instead of @Henry Irving on the bite size thread??

My interpretation was, it's a 'bite sized' wind up :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2018

- There has been speculation that some false stories were given to staff at Charlton to either muddy the waters or to find those leaking news

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

There has been speculation that some false stories were given to staff at Charlton to either muddy the waters or to find those leaking news.

Lesson 1: How to show trust in your staff.

That is shocking
    Is that sarcastic @Redhenry or serious?
    Serious, shocking if Charlton have done that.
    Not surprising though. Regardless how we feel about the owner, management etc the leaks are harmful. One of the biggest frustrations for any business is gossip - most often completely wrong but harmful if it becomes the commonly held perception. There are things that have leaked from Charlton that haven't painted certain employees in the best light (understatement of the year) and that in turn whips up certain elements of the fan base who believe everything they read and this then becomes bigger and bigger.

I don't bother asking the employees I speak to for inside information because it is unfair on them to risk their jobs so you can score a kudos point online. What will be will be and we can't do much to influence it now so lets see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

There has been speculation that some false stories were given to staff at Charlton to either muddy the waters or to find those leaking news.

That is shocking
    Totally agree
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

That is shocking
    Not surprising though. Regardless how we feel about the owner, management etc the leaks are harmful. One of the biggest frustrations for any business is gossip - most often completely wrong but harmful if it becomes the commonly held perception. There are things that have leaked from Charlton that haven't painted certain employees in the best light (understatement of the year) and that in turn whips up certain elements of the fan base who believe everything they read and this then becomes bigger and bigger.

I don't bother asking the employees I speak to for inside information because it is unfair on them to risk their jobs so you can score a kudos point online. What will be will be and we can't do much to influence it now so lets see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
    No offence intended mate but you are someone who has / has had a lot of contact with people inside the club / connected to the club and I’m sure would gain knowledge of aspects that would not be known to the average fan. Unless you can categorically say that you have never ever passed any of that on to even a single other person, even ‘in confidence’ then that renders you point to the contrary.

Football clubs, all football clubs, leak like sieves. Always have, always will.
    There are things that are put out there with a view to it getting into the public domain - I know this has happened in the past and certain people at the club have used others to get bits of information out there.

There are things I have alluded to or told certain people if I am privy to information but they are trivial things in the grand scheme of things.

There are things I have known about but wouldn't divulge because I have a working relationship with the club and have a business to maintain so will not jeopardise that.

There are things that have leaked that should not have leaked. These are the things I refer to. I know it happens at a lot of clubs but why shouldn't the club try to do something to identify a potential "mole"

• Options

Swisdom said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

That is shocking

No offence intended mate but you are someone who has / has had a lot of contact with people inside the club / connected to the club and I’m sure would gain knowledge of aspects that would not be known to the average fan. Unless you can categorically say that you have never ever passed any of that on to even a single other person, even ‘in confidence’ then that renders you point to the contrary.

Football clubs, all football clubs, leak like sieves. Always have, always will.
    On Saturday I did ask David Joyes if he wanted to tell me what was happening with the takeover and if there was any juicy gossip - ie did he want to drop a shitbomb before leaving. He said he no. But that's about it.

• Options
    Anyway, any more gossip fellaaaas?
  • Options

Maybe @soapy_jones can ask big Josh for some juicy gossip when he bumps into him at Blockbuster Video later?

WOW, what a difference
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

RedChaser said:

Forget Beckham he's only worth c£340m it's @Henry Irving 's long lost American relative James Irving;

REAL TIME NET WORTH — as of 3/1/18
    $8.4 B

If it is Beckham I suppose Victoria could engage with the fans by flogging programmes.
    So, if I've got this right, you're saying Sticky Vicky is coming out of retirement to satisfy the BDSM proclivities of certain supporters by running courses on flagellation?
    Err no.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Part of the Statement from Duchatelet back in December what he said he was selling:

“There is a lot of underground influences, we decide a lot about emotions, we make and break your image on the basis of rumours, social networks create real background slides that are difficult to answer.

“It was an interesting experience and I learned a lot about how social media can have an impact on the psychology of masses and how they can influence decisions which affect many people.”

I remember thinking at the time could he do a bit more experimentation regarding his social media observations?
    I think we've seen that play out these past couple of months.
    All maybe not what it seems.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Redhenry said:

Solidgone said:

That is shocking
    Airman revealed in a recent VOTV that they tried that trick with Mick Everett, he didn’t fall for it.
    Brotherly love, after all blood is thicker than water :wink:
  • Options
    I just don’t understand what the fucking point in it is?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!