Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Please could someone kindly summarize what Red Henry has confirmed.

Thanks .

He's confirmed that his lot don't have black hair, are foreign (if you live in Britain), don't have a moustache and haven't agreed anything but do have a lot of money. His reputation is firmly on the line with that lot.
    You've stated they are Brits or Aussies, right?
    1 of each
    I really hope you're wrong, but still treat your posts the same as anyone else's, cards are on the table, battle of ITKness is here, time will tell who is the winner.
    I'd piss meself if it's David Essex or Scooby Doo
    If they start giving out free scoobie snacks at games, I'm coming home.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

He's confirmed that his lot don't have black hair, are foreign (if you live in Britain), don't have a moustache and haven't agreed anything but do have a lot of money. His reputation is firmly on the line with that lot.
    1 of each
    I really hope you're wrong, but still treat your posts the same as anyone else's, cards are on the table, battle of ITKness is here, time will tell who is the winner.
    Doubt its Scooby - never had a moustache
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Fumbluff said:

DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

at last, well done @cafcfan1990

are your lot Australian red henry?
    Do they have a moustache?
    hmm
    Is it Bob Carolgees?
    I Spit on that suggestion.
  • Options

An agreement on price with both bidders is quite conceivable; The difference being the manner in which that price is met.

As Airman pointed out the statement said price & terms have been agreed
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

1 of each
    @DOUCHER the British bid is it a consortium or 1 person and are they rich?
  • Options
    I am thinking that one party might buy the properties concerned, and another the people and their contracts including membership of the Football league. In that way RD may have been able to get nearer to his price. Am I crazy?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Now I know how those weird religious sects feel when they go round predicting the end of the World and then nothing happens.

Most of the time when cults end, they get themselves armed to the gills and then take on all comers. Do we know if the "regime" are stockpiling anything in those trenches down at Sparrows Lane?
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Addickted said:

Now I know how those weird religious sects feel when they go round predicting the end of the World and then nothing happens.

Most of the time when cults end, they get themselves armed to the gills and then take on all comers. Do we know if the "regime" are stockpiling anything in those trenches down at Sparrows Lane?
    I’m told that a certain office at The Valley is being stockpiled with vol au vents.

• Options
    Nothing like a Grapevine49 post to put things into perspective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grumpy said:

I am thinking that one party might buy the properties concerned, and another the people and their contracts including membership of the Football league. In that way RD may have been able to get nearer to his price. Am I crazy?

Yes, you are. They can't do that without the directors loans being covered off and those ITK would have heard about that if it was the case.
  • Options
    someone mentioned to me the name of Bernie Ecclestone - bit random but?
  • Options
    Grumpy said:

Would you pay full price for a meal at a restaurant if the bloke at the next table got half your food?
  • Options
    My worries, and hence my nervous disposition on this, is that we'll get Spivs Mark 2, just want to see who these people are.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Thanks .

1 of each
    Doubt its Scooby - never had a moustache
  • Options

someone mentioned to me the name of Bernie Ecclestone - bit random but?

• Options
    Can't we just wait and see who the new owners are when it happens? This dissection of every word and sentence is doing my head in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

I have some clarity on the situation. Price had been agreed with two parties ie the price that will get the deal over the line. But neither party has met this.

Th price has been agreed according to RM?

Branson.

Branson hates football.
    cafcwill said:

I think we're missing the most important point here

Who bought all those red & white scarves that were rumoured to be bought?

Shhh... all will be revealed eventually...

I realise I’m being thick but exactly how can both buying parties have had their bids progressed to their prospective lawyers for finalising ? The only possible reason I can think is that Roland is selling the club to one and the The Valley and Sparrows to the other or is this just bollox.

It's like if you're selling your house and two buyers meet the valuation. You sell it to the first (or whichever you choose I guess), and the other hangs around in case it falls through.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Can't we just wait and see who the new owners are when it happens? This dissection of every word and sentence is doing my head in.

Hmm, waiting and seeing is a request to be patient.

When it happens suggests the future.

Dissection would suggest some sort of science experiment.

Every word and sentence is indicative of a great literary mind.

Doing my head in would suggest a psychiatrist.

Is it Red Bull?
  • Options

It's only my opinion. I had a contact involved with the Scottish consortium and I know for a fact they are gone and won't be coming back.

I believe RD is playing a waiting game and trying to use the two parties to get the best deal. Murrays statement yesterday would back that view up.

Nobody is going to pay anywhere near RD's original asking price. The best he can hope for is some decent promotional clauses.

The good news is that would mean he would rather sell to the party capable of getting us up, rather than spiting us as some have suggested.

I agree with all of that, but the fact remains that Murray's statement says: "We are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement."

That is not consistent with the idea those two parties are still negotiating on price or are unwilling to meet the price they have "agreed".
    yeah obviously a fair point given the wording of the statement.

But I just don't buy the fact two parties are off finalising a deal. So that means one party are going to spend a fortune and end up with nothing? I can't see any respectable businessman being that stupid.

It's entirely possible that figures are agreed, but not the conditions. For example, I know Roland wanted 5mil from the Scottish group if we were promoted to the Champ.

Maybe Roland has agreed to sell to parties for 35 mil, and its being negotiated how much of that figure will be paid up front.

Why would anybody pay Roland money if it's the new owner that has invested in the squad and possibly employed a better manager to get us up? Sweet FA to do with Roland.
  • Options

Surely someone from CAST/CARD etc, can ask the club/Murray ASAP to clarify his statement and clear up the misunderstanding.....or is that too simple a thing to achieve?
    It’s well known that Richard Murray reads the forums and no doubt is already well aware of the confusion that’s been caused. Interesting to see if he clarifies the situation.....and if not why not?
    Does it mean he deliberately set out to confuse us all.....the Richard Murray I once knew would have reacted very swiftly to clear things up.......nowadays, sadly, I really don’t know?

Neither does Murray.
    Exactly what doesn’t he know Elfy.......after all he made the statement!
    Aagghh ffs, Murray is the new puppet after squirrel face slithered out of the office.

Murray has been told what to put out to the fans. I do not believe a word what comes out of the Duchatelet camp.

Having said that, of course I believe we are being sold!
  • Options
    Is it Mikey Carroll?
  • Options

David Beckham?

He can come out of retirement.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!