Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Am having a drink in the Coal Hole in the Strand this week. Apparently they have a Thai IPA - enthused with chilli and Lemongrass - should be interesting but nothing to do with the alleged takeover.

Except we are in a hole.

And no-one can confidently predict how we will be feeling towards the end of the week.

And, if you wanted to take Eurostar from Belgium to London last week, you'd have been Stranded, becauae of the snow.

And IPA stands for the Institute of Practitioners of Advertising. And one of the brands that spends huge amounts of money on advertising is Red Bull. Which you an buy in the Coal Hole.

And, if you dig a deep enough coal hole, you end up in... Australia.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

lolwray said:

cfgs said:

I am drinking Harvey's bitter ( feel a traitor to Kent ) looking at the snow and dreaming of a time when Roland will be a fading memory.

Love a pint of Harveys
    Best ale in the world. There I said it.
    If you are ever in Bridport, Dorset try Palmer's 200 - beautiful beer brewed in the town (have toured the brewery). I believe the company has been around for at least 100 years, maybe longer.
    A bit like Blackpool72.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Since when has this become the beer thread?
    Grabs tinhat and hides with a glass of white wine!
  • Options

I'll join you, @Eynsfordaddick !

Where are our leaders when you need them to put this back on track ? :-)
  • Options

They are all busy having a late Sunday lunch.
    My sources tell me Pot Noodle is dish of the day, but that’s all I can say because I’m bound by a non-dish-closure agreement.
  • Options

They are all busy having a late Sunday lunch.
    My sources tell me Pot Noodle is dish of the day, but that’s all I can say because I’m bound by a non-dish-closure agreement.
    Washed down with a red bull
  • Options
    Emu egg omelette for tea?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I have a hunch that we might see some positive movement in relation to the takeover towards the end of this week. My best guess is Thursday/Friday.

I’ve also heard that we’re down to just one interested party now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has the second bidder pulled out? The third bidder is still sniffing about I heard.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Has the second bidder pulled out? The third bidder is still sniffing about I heard.

I don’t know.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Another day closer to the takeover...

RolandOut

That quote was just a true 1000 days ago. So it gives me little comfort.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I have a hunch that we might see some positive movement in relation to the takeover towards the end of this week. My best guess is Thursday/Friday.

Catch 22
  • Options

Out of interest are you still living in NZ and if so how come you’re ITK all the way out there?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Out of interest are you still living in NZ and if so how come you’re ITK all the way out there?
    No. I’m not living in NZ and I’ve never been close to being ITK until the past couple of weeks (and never claimed to be).

Out of the blue I’ve received some snippets of information in relation to the takeover but, like the rest of you, I am taking everything I hear with a big pinch of salt.
  • Options

No. I’m not living in NZ and I’ve never been close to being ITK until the past couple of weeks (and never claimed to be).

Out of the blue I’ve received some snippets of information in relation to the takeover but, like the rest of you, I am taking everything I hear with a big pinch of salt.
    What have you heard pal?
  • Options

Solidgone said:

Another day closer to the takeover...

RolandOut

That quote was just a true 1000 days ago. So it gives me little comfort.
    Another nother day closer to the takeover...It’s really gonna happen soon.

RolandOut
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I thought I'd been keeping track of this thread pretty well, but I'd never heard of a third bidder.

I give up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

What have you heard pal?
    I’ve pretty much posted everything I know already.

• Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    nice, straight to the point comment
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    _MrDick said:

moynies said:

That's the only point you've made since you joined the forum ...
    Surely worth it in the end after over 8,200 visits to the site and four years of procrastination?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

I thought I'd been keeping track of this thread pretty well, but I'd never heard of a third bidder.

I give up.
    1. Australia
    2. UK
    3. Mystery bidder, sometimes known as 'RedHenry's lot'.
  • Options

The Aussies were very unhappy with Murray's statement that the price had been agreed with a second party, I'm told.

Not surprised.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!