Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The new owners will probably want to bring in an Australian manager with English football experience to take over from Robinson. I can think of an ex Millwall defender who'd tick those boxes :-(

Definitely a lot of overthinking going on here...
  • se9addick said:

@Redchaser I agree with all you say.

All we can do is see how it all pans out, who knows another consortium might show their hand if this one fails to complete a deal.

One thing is for sure until RD has gone in total, the club & the rift between fans are not going to heal.

My concerns are from post one of this thread, particularly these bits from the Mail on line .

AFC, who have their sights on making Charlton the breeding ground for talent from Down Under, have undertaken initial due diligence with plans to turn Karl Robinson's side into 'Australia's Football Club'.

AFC's stated aim is to return Charlton to the Premier League, though there is a desire to create a natural link between the club and Australian football, making Charlton something of a feeder club for the next generation of Aussie superstars.

Nothing wrong with Premiership ambitions, but achieving it with ‘promising’ young Aussie lads seems about as likely as getting there with Belgian rejects. I hate to think of Charlton as a feeder club with a stolen identity.

Just to be clear, I want the present owner out, but surely the main objective must be to restore Charlton's identity.

Surely work permit issues would stop young Australian players who haven't yet played for the national team coming over en masse?
    It would but its a lot easier for Aussies to get a general Visa to the UK as there is an ancestral visa scheme, whether translates to sports persons I do not know
  • Whoever the new owners are remember we're only fans.

We don't own the club, the new owners saved the club and if you don't like it buy the club yourself.

Just shut up and support the team, no protests allowed, all dissent causes defeats.

' And if you dare say anything different well you can eat shit and die die, cause you would never say that to my face you fat poof'
  • She won't get a job with Kent Cricket - she didn't go to the right school.
  • edited October 2017

Surely work permit issues would stop young Australian players who haven't yet played for the national team coming over en masse?

I'm sure they would have researched the rules and rights of Aussies to come here and probably visa versa too.

• Dazzler21 said:

I'm sure they would have researched the rules and rights of Aussies to come here and probably visa versa too.

I'm not so sure, remember this ?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/news/luzon-made-wait-first-game-charlton-helm
  • se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

I'm not so sure, remember this ?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/my/news/luzon-made-wait-first-game-charlton-helm
    I would agree but you're referring to the fools in charge now... Have we had many other Work Permit issues?
  • In the words of the late Doris Kappelhoff 'Que sera sera', but this thread has reignited the forum and its been great hearing a range of views interspersed with the usual banter and humour. Hope Cantersaddick gets some work done today!

I don't think Doris Day is dead yet. I agree with your other comments though.
  • In the words of the late Doris Kappelhoff 'Que sera sera', but this thread has reignited the forum and its been great hearing a range of views interspersed with the usual banter and humour. Hope Cantersaddick gets some work done today!

I don't think Doris Day is dead yet. I agree with your other comments though.
    I can confirm, the internet confirms she lives.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Fingers crossed. Best wishes from Blackpool (well, Bearsted, Kent actually, but you know what I mean....)

Stupid question probably but why is some one from Bearstead travelling under the monicker @Hertsseasider ?
    He's a Blackpool supporter, living in Kent having moved there from Hertfordshire, perhaps.
  • What I would like to know is have any of Airman's sources confirmed whether a NDA has been signed and if so, does he think it helps putting it into the public domain ? I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling someone may have done this as they don't want the deal to go through.

When take overs take place NDA is common practice, if I was looking to purchase a club that would be the first thing that you would insist on rather it be being aired in public as other parties may look at buying the club.
  • If it happens I wonder how many games the members of the Australian consortium will watch at the valley.
  • HarryLime said:

LenGlover said:

Fingers crossed. Best wishes from Blackpool (well, Bearsted, Kent actually, but you know what I mean....)

Stupid question probably but why is some one from Bearstead travelling under the monicker @Hertsseasider ?
    He's a Blackpool supporter, living in Kent having moved there from Hertfordshire, perhaps.
    Bang on the money Harry. And to add to the story, born and brought up in Norf London.......
  • edited October 2017
    msomerton said:

If it happens I wonder how many games the members of the Australian consortium will watch at the valley.

Depends where they are domiciled, it's not as easy to commute from Australia as it is by train from Belgium to London..........oh wait :open_mouth: .
  • TelMc32 said:

Never really been into all that religious stuff,but fuck me,in last couple days I've been proper practicing at it...ain't stopped praying for this to actually happen...!!!

This time Douchbag come on please,sell sell sell,go forth & just fuck off with the rest of your minions...Amen

Ps I have got no problems & nothing against the real minions by the way...!!

Despicable RD.

Can you redo that with Katy and Sue's heads on the minions? :smiley:
    After I'd done it I was thinking that perhaps I should have put KM's and TK's heads on the minions (although the correct place for the three heads should be on a spike).

As you may have noticed my photoshopping skills are minimal and it's difficult to do at work ...
  • Sponsored links:

• If it is the Aussies my son just said he hopes they haven’t miss read the team and they actually think they are buying Carlton afl team
  • If it is the Aussies my son just said he hopes they haven’t miss read the team and they actually think they are buying Carlton afl team

Andrew Muir is (or at least was) on the board of the Essendon Football Club - I think he'd know to steer well clear of Carlton!
  • Dazzler21 said:

And if you have seen the trouble the recent changes to HO regulations regarding sports visas that have affected the KCL, and other cricket leagues throughout the UK, you will know that this is a major concern.
  • Looked like Aussie rules at Goodison last night....
  • It's not so easy getting to Australia to protest.

Some of us are already here and waiting

How many of us can you put up cobber?
  • In the words of the late former Doris Kappelhoff 'Que sera sera', but this thread has reignited the forum and its been great hearing a range of views interspersed with the usual banter and humour. Hope Cantersaddick gets some work done today!

Jeez! Doris Day is dead? When did that happen?

RIP Doris.
    Sorry Doris!

• Despicable Me 2

Haha...thanks @Briston_Addick great effort :smiley:
  • When Theresa May started talking to Australia about trade deals after Brexit, I never dreamed we could be involved
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!