Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I’m getting ahead of myself but we might need to speak a bit of Australian should the new owners arrive:

Ace! : Excellent! Very good!
    Arvo : afternoon
    Amber fluid : beer
    Aussie : Australian
    Beaut, beauty : great, fantastic
    Big Mobs : loads, a lot of
    Bloody : very
    Bloody oath! : that's certainly true
    Blue : argument/mistake
    Bodgy : poor quality
    Bonzer : great, ripper
    Bottler : something excellent
    Bottling : his blood's worth: he's an excellent, helpful bloke
    Buckley's chance :
    (you've got) no chance
    Bull dust : rubbish
    Cactus : dead, broken
    Cark it : to die, stop working
    Chocka : full up
    Click : kilometre - "it's 20 clicks away"
    Come a gutser : a bad mistake or have an accident
    Come good : turn out ok
    Cooee, not within : figuratively a long way away
    Cost big bikkies : expensive
    Crack a fat : get an erection
    Cream, to : defeat by a large margin
    Cut snake :
    (mad as a) very angry
    Dead dingo's donger :
    (as dry as a) dry
    Deadset : true / the truth
    Dingo's breakfast : no breakfast
    Dinkum / fair dinkum : true, real, genuine
    Dinky-di : the real thing, genuine
    Docket : a bill, receipt
    Doco : documentary
    Drink with the flies : to drink alone
    Dunny rat :
    (cunning as a) very cunning
    Exy : expensive
    Fair dinkum : true, genuine
    Fair go : a chance / break
    Fair suck of the sav! : exclamation of wonder, awe, disbelief
    Furphy : rumour
    G'Day : hello!
    Give it a burl : try it, have a go
    Give it away : give up
    Going off : good fun
    Good oil : useful information, a good idea, the truth
    Good onya : well done
    Grouse : great, terrific
    Heaps : a lot
    Iffy : dodgy
    It's gone walkabout : it's lost, can't be found
    Kangaroos loose
    in the top paddock : Intellectually inadequate
    Kick the bucket : to die
    Knock back : refuse
    London to a brick : absolute certainty
    Lunch :
    (who opened their?) OK, who farted?
    Mate's rate : cheaper than usual for a friend
    Mate's discount : cheaper than usual for a friend
    No worries! : no problem / its okay
    Nun's nasty :
    (as dry as a) very dry
    Piece of piss : easy task
    Pig's arse! : I don't agree
    Plate, bring a : Instruction to bring a plate of food to a party
    Pozzy : position
    Quid, make a : earn a living
    Rack off : get lost! get out of here!
    Reckon! : for sure
    Ridgy-didge : original, genuine
    Right : okay
    Ripper : Great
    Rooted : ruined, broken
    She'll be apples : It'll be all right
    She'll be right : it'll be okay
    Sparrows fart : dawn
    Strewth : exclamation
    Stoked : very pleased
    Stuffed, I'll be : expression of surprise
    Too right : definitely
    Turps, hit the : go on a drinking binge
    Zack, not worth a : not worth anything

• Addickted said:

Can I be the first to ask what the new owners exit strategy is?

You laugh but don't you wish we had an answer to that from the Spivs and from Duchatelet.

Maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.
    I told you Henry wouldn't like it ;0)

• I would worry if any new ownership allows Richard Murray the role that he reportedly wants. Just because I think he is so tainted by association with the current regime that keeping him in situ would indicate a limited interest in the club.

Me too but don't forget Muzza has a £2m debenture to be satisfied so will have some say and it is a drug for him to be involved at the top table.
  • Without getting ahead of myself,do we actually know for sure that its the Australian consortium? Just this Muir fella? Sure it was on here somewhere that other parties were interested not so long ago?
  • Going to bed now ... should sleep well tonight
  • se9addick said:

@Redchaser I agree with all you say.

All we can do is see how it all pans out, who knows another consortium might show their hand if this one fails to complete a deal.

One thing is for sure until RD has gone in total, the club & the rift between fans are not going to heal.

My concerns are from post one of this thread, particularly these bits from the Mail on line .

AFC, who have their sights on making Charlton the breeding ground for talent from Down Under, have undertaken initial due diligence with plans to turn Karl Robinson's side into 'Australia's Football Club'.

AFC's stated aim is to return Charlton to the Premier League, though there is a desire to create a natural link between the club and Australian football, making Charlton something of a feeder club for the next generation of Aussie superstars.

Nothing wrong with Premiership ambitions, but achieving it with ‘promising’ young Aussie lads seems about as likely as getting there with Belgian rejects. I hate to think of Charlton as a feeder club with a stolen identity.

Just to be clear, I want the present owner out, but surely the main objective must be to restore Charlton's identity.

Surely work permit issues would stop young Australian players who haven't yet played for the national team coming over en masse?
    Regarding the Aussie players, they've hardly been prolific during WCQ. In fact, quite inept. They've still not qualified and have a difficult task against Honduras.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

@Airman Brown Just found VotV online and can say I've ordered my first one, if it's a decent read I may well sub.

It may be worthwhile to create a thread on here, potentially updating it with a blurb before each issue is due to go on sale.

I thought it had to be bought somewhere sneaky on a match day.

Yes, Rick secretly emerges in his long coat ready to peddle his illicit wares...I usually disguise it in a copy of "Big 'Uns Monthly" to avoid suspicion
    OK, so I do a bit of Voice of the Valley. I can handle it.
  • Everything crossed!!!!

Only things you've got at least two of.
  • Pedro45 said:

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE let it happen!

I'll only give that a 'Like' if you typed every one and didn't just copy and paste.
  • Dazzler21 said:

@Airman Brown Just found VotV online and can say I've ordered my first one, if it's a decent read I may well sub.

It may be worthwhile to create a thread on here, potentially updating it with a blurb before each issue is due to go on sale.

I thought it had to be bought somewhere sneaky on a match day.

Yes, Rick secretly emerges in his long coat ready to peddle his illicit wares...I usually disguise it in a copy of "Big 'Uns Monthly" to avoid suspicion
    OK, so I do a bit of Voice of the Valley. I can handle it.
    I received my first package the other day, started with a few lines, progressed onto a few pages... but it's some strong stuff. I couldn't finish it all in one session.
  • Refuse to get my hopes up until it's completed and I see the words

'as part of the ownership change, Katrien Meire has stepped down as Chief Executive '

That will be wonderful, but you have to have some sympathy for the next poor buggers Roland lumbers with her.
  • back to the burger van u go----- karma gota love it
  • Pedro45 said:

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE let it happen!

I'll only give that a 'Like' if you typed every one and didn't just copy and paste.
    Of course not! That would be like scouting a player Charlton want to sign in real life rather than just on FIFA2016 wouldn't it?!?
  • How many pieces is in the jigsaw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Refuse to get my hopes up until it's completed and I see the words

'as part of the ownership change, Katrien Meire has stepped down as Chief Executive '

That will be wonderful, but you have to have some sympathy for the next poor buggers Roland lumbers with her.
    I can see her wanting to stick around, if there is a takeover. I think she feels that she has done a very good job. I've worked with and for people like her before.
  • Macronate said:

Fuck that. I want a parade where RD KM Keohane and the rest are marched out of the ground whilst we throw eggs and rotten tomatoes at them.
    It's a bit hard marching someone out of a ground he hasn't been to for three years!
  • iamdan said:

Tim Cahill seen in Co-op New Eltham, had a flask, blanket and a train timetable with him.

Just saw Neil in the village barbers there cutting his hair.
  • Solidgone said:

I’m getting ahead of myself but we might need to speak a bit of Australian should the new owners arrive:

Ace! : Excellent! Very good!
    Arvo : afternoon
    Amber fluid : beer
    Aussie : Australian
    Beaut, beauty : great, fantastic
    Big Mobs : loads, a lot of
    Bloody : very
    Bloody oath! : that's certainly true
    Blue : argument/mistake
    Bodgy : poor quality
    Bonzer : great, ripper
    Bottler : something excellent
    Bottling : his blood's worth: he's an excellent, helpful bloke
    Buckley's chance :
    (you've got) no chance
    Bull dust : rubbish
    Cactus : dead, broken
    Cark it : to die, stop working
    Chocka : full up
    Click : kilometre - "it's 20 clicks away"
    Come a gutser : a bad mistake or have an accident
    Come good : turn out ok
    Cooee, not within : figuratively a long way away
    Cost big bikkies : expensive
    Crack a fat : get an erection
    Cream, to : defeat by a large margin
    Cut snake :
    (mad as a) very angry
    Dead dingo's donger :
    (as dry as a) dry
    Deadset : true / the truth
    Dingo's breakfast : no breakfast
    Dinkum / fair dinkum : true, real, genuine
    Dinky-di : the real thing, genuine
    Docket : a bill, receipt
    Doco : documentary
    Drink with the flies : to drink alone
    Dunny rat :
    (cunning as a) very cunning
    Exy : expensive
    Fair dinkum : true, genuine
    Fair go : a chance / break
    Fair suck of the sav! : exclamation of wonder, awe, disbelief
    Furphy : rumour
    G'Day : hello!
    Give it a burl : try it, have a go
    Give it away : give up
    Going off : good fun
    Good oil : useful information, a good idea, the truth
    Good onya : well done
    Grouse : great, terrific
    Heaps : a lot
    Iffy : dodgy
    It's gone walkabout : it's lost, can't be found
    Kangaroos loose
    in the top paddock : Intellectually inadequate
    Kick the bucket : to die
    Knock back : refuse
    London to a brick : absolute certainty
    Lunch :
    (who opened their?) OK, who farted?
    Mate's rate : cheaper than usual for a friend
    Mate's discount : cheaper than usual for a friend
    No worries! : no problem / its okay
    Nun's nasty :
    (as dry as a) very dry
    Piece of piss : easy task
    Pig's arse! : I don't agree
    Plate, bring a : Instruction to bring a plate of food to a party
    Pozzy : position
    Quid, make a : earn a living
    Rack off : get lost! get out of here!
    Reckon! : for sure
    Ridgy-didge : original, genuine
    Right : okay
    Ripper : Great
    Rooted : ruined, broken
    She'll be apples : It'll be all right
    She'll be right : it'll be okay
    Sparrows fart : dawn
    Strewth : exclamation
    Stoked : very pleased
    Stuffed, I'll be : expression of surprise
    Too right : definitely
    Turps, hit the : go on a drinking binge
    Zack, not worth a : not worth anything

You forgot the most important one - bottle shop.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!