Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Never really been into all that religious stuff,but fuck me,in last couple days I've been proper practicing at it...ain't stopped praying for this to actually happen...!!!

This time Douchbag come on please,sell sell sell,go forth & just fuck off with the rest of your minions...Amen

Ps I have got no problems & nothing against the real minions by the way...!!
  • I have no idea why but the more I read about this latest revelation but partly based on something I was told three weeks ago. I am starting to doubt that this takeover is the Australians.

Not long ago at all it was widely accepted that AFC were struggling with raising finance. Not including The Valley and Sparrows presumably because they couldn't afford it. Now that might have changed with VOTV informing us that Andrew Muir was at least involved but moving from there to putting in a bid close to what Duchatelet was looking for seems to me to be quite a leap.

It's just not stacking up for me.
  • I have no idea why but the more I read about this latest revelation but partly based on something I was told three weeks ago. I am starting to doubt that this takeover is the Australians.

Not long ago at all it was widely accepted that AFC were struggling with raising finance. Not including The Valley and Sparrows presumably because they couldn't afford it. Now that might have changed with VOTV informing us that Andrew Muir was at least involved but moving from there to putting in a bid close to what Duchatelet was looking for seems to me to be quite a leap.

what were you told three weeks ago?

Clearly it's Mike Ashley then. Roly and Meire's way of giving us the finger on their way out.
  • mrbligh said:

I have no idea why but the more I read about this latest revelation but partly based on something I was told three weeks ago. I am starting to doubt that this takeover is the Australians.

I bumped this thread a few days ago because I wanted to see if there was any info out there that confirmed or pointed to what I was told being correct.

I was told a bid very close to asking price was in and that there were still several parties interested in buying the club. The Australians were not front of the queue.

If Richard Murray is invovled then perhaps he's the figure head with Muir providing the money, meaning AFC are not involved.
    This is a good thing becasuse should AFC be a disaster then protesting in Australia would be expensive:).
  • msomerton said:

First up it is a rumor and nothing more. But in the unlikely event it does happen lets hope not this cash strapped Aussie lot who are having to beg and borrow money just to buy the club. I read one of the early articles on them and they said they had £20 million to run the club. that would run out in one season then what liquidation.

I have a hunch it’s not the Aussies.
  • edited October 2017
    i am taking a pessimistic viewpoint until i see the facts

• Sponsored links:

• IT_Andy said:

I have no idea why but the more I read about this latest revelation but partly based on something I was told three weeks ago. I am starting to doubt that this takeover is the Australians.

If Richard Murray is invovled then perhaps he's the figure head with Muir providing the money, meaning AFC are not involved.
    This is a good thing becasuse should AFC be a disaster then protesting in Australia would be expensive:).
    But mid-season the weather would be pretty good...
  • Refuse to get my hopes up until it's completed and I see the words

'as part of the ownership change, Katrien Meire has stepped down as Chief Executive '

That will be wonderful, but you have to have some sympathy for the next poor buggers Roland lumbers with her.
    Knowing my luck, she'll probably get a job with Kent Cricket
    entirely credible !

• mrbligh said:

I bumped this thread a few days ago because I wanted to see if there was any info out there that confirmed or pointed to what I was told being correct.

I was told a bid very close to asking price was in and that there were still several parties interested in buying the club. The Australians were not front of the queue.

Not Aussies then *chucks homemade patronizing corked hat in bin*
    What about Portuguese? I love Lisbon, it'll great to go and protest there when it all screws up.
  • JT said:

How many pieces is in the jigsaw.

The Squirrel and Tony Big Bo**** have been trying to work out how to complete it for weeks - still haven't managed it but a firm of management consultants have been contracted to assist.

• If it's not the Aussies, can someone find out what part of the world is favourite as I'll have to dispense with the kangaroo gifs and search for new appropriate geographical ones.
  • Nothing against the Aussies or Mr Muir , but I would love it if someone came in for us with serious wonga . After all these miserable years , surely we deserve a change of fortune .
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing against the Aussies or Mr Muir , but I would love it if someone came in for us with serious wonga . After all these miserable years , surely we deserve a change of fortune .

RD is pretty wealthy... As is Mr Muir.

I would be careful what you wish for...
  • What I would like to know is have any of Airman's sources confirmed whether a NDA has been signed and if so, does he think it helps putting it into the public domain ? I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling someone may have done this as they don't want the deal to go through.

I assume you can put any terms into an NDA, but the ones I’ve been involved in didnt really cover knowledge of the proposed transaction. It was all about what you couldn’t do with the confidential information you get access to in DD.

He's a billionaire ....
  • edited October 2017
    The new owners will probably want to bring in an Australian manager with English football experience to take over from Robinson. I can think of an ex Millwall defender who'd tick those boxes :-(
  • SDAddick said:

Nug said:

JamesSeed said:

Nug said:

Nug said:

SDAddick said:

I've missed out on a whole evening of posts having just spent the entire evening driving back from Devon.

Was hoping a little more detail had leaked out but seems not.

Based on the likelihood that it's the Aussies we're talking about just how certain are we that their ownership would be a safe pair of hands ? All the talk of not having enough funds have persisted although I guess that at least must have changed.

I presume we know their business model and we know that they have ambition but is that enough ?

I would hate us to jump out of the frying pan straight into the fire.

Just saying.

These are my thoughts exactly.

What exactly is their business model?
    What's the current business model, alienate the fans and sell any young player with an ounce of talent? Amazing how quickly people forget what's gone on for the last 3 years after a half decent start to the season in a shit league. I think it's worth a gamble.
    Maintaining healthy scepticism whilst hoping for the best but won't be surprised if it's not a fairytale as don't seem to be many successful takeovers in recent years but hoping we buck that trend if this materialises.
    Doesn't have to be a fairytale just some owners who want success on the pitch first and foremost and want the fans along with them.
    Wanting success and wanting the fans along with them isn't enough. They need buckets of cash.

We have an owner with buckets of cash and it's not really been a success has it? Wanting success and taking the fans along is probably enough for me at the moment after the last 3 years.
    What is "success" to you?
    Beating Millwall. everything else is just filler
    In that case we have not had a single season of successe in quite some time :)

yeah cause Roland is practically skint, as for Muir he ain't got a pot to piss in
  • edited October 2017

Fingers crossed. Best wishes from Blackpool (well, Bearsted, Kent actually, but you know what I mean....)

Stupid question probably but why is some one from Bearstead travelling under the monicker @Hertsseasider ?
  • shirty5 said:

9/10 new owners will bring in their own manager/one they rate.

Parkinson got the boot when Slater/Jiminez came in and the same happened with Powell under the Belgians.

If Robinson gets the boot, cause the Belgians have sold up, then that's part and parcel of life.

This is very true. Id like to see Robinson stay and given a wee bit of actual money as opposed to frees and loans but its the unwritten rule in football. New Owners = New Manager
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!