Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    gamble, but probably great opportunity missed. I'm sure a bit of investment could have led to realistic chance of promotion
  • Options
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    cabbles said:

We/they should've gone all out to get another decent player in up top. I sat in the meeting with KM before Swindon at the end of last season, and she was at pains to point out that she wants them to be judged on this season and believes they are turning the corner

This season has started brightly and I think the first XI are decent. But it is just a first XI. Happy that we haven't lost a Konsa, but that could all change come Jan

I think they've missed a trick here. Particularly as we have got Watt, Tex, Ceballos off the wage bill

Time will tell, but I'm not sure now

Cheers Cobbies.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

So KR has been banging on about how we've been trying to sign a striker from a league one rival who didn't want to sell to us because it would make us stronger. And what do we do at the 11th hour? Sell an experienced league one striker to a rival for bugger all.
    And bring in a kid who had scored 3 in 20. In Scotland. And on loan.

Idiots.

Didn't sell. We let him go for free.
  • Options
    When is the KR video coming out
  • Options
    clb74 said:

So if everyone's unhappy why don't the protests return

Give it time
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Joe Dodoo's stats . lol

One bloody goal in four years!

If I was KAG I would be royally pissed off if Dadoo gets in ahead of him.

KAG has played more games than he has at 1st team level.

Joe has 3 in 20 league appearances for Rangers
    KAG has 1 in 34 league appearances for cafc

I know who gets a chance here for me.

(Not KAG)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Valley11 said:

So KR has been banging on about how we've been trying to sign a striker from a league one rival who didn't want to sell to us because it would make us stronger. And what do we do at the 11th hour? Sell an experienced league one striker to a rival for bugger all.

Idiots.

To a promotion rival.
  • Options
    Right,where are those toys *gets throwing arm ready*
  • Options

The tweet of a man who's back on the bench for the rest of the season
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Idiots.

That's what bugger all means
  • Options
    Another cost cutting measure , a player out on 6k a week replaced with a much cheaper option
  • Options
    First Shittu, now Dodoo.

All we need is Lukaka.
  • Options
    And when does the loan window close? Is it still later?

Hope so.
  • Options

So the transfer window is about to slam shut and we still have the same amount of strikers we started the day with.

in a worse position imo. I don't rate Novak but at least he is experienced & contracted until next summer. Dodoo is 22, untested in League 1 (apart from a month with Bury where he didn't score) and on loan until January.

Who agreed this crap ???
  • Options
    I've no problem with Dodoo as an addition to the squad, but if Magennis is absent/injured, he can't play the No 9 role, the target man, holding the ball up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So the transfer window is about to slam shut and we still have the same amount of strikers we started the day with.

And 4 less than we had about six weeks ago
    Hanlan gone out on loan, we have less than this morning
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Deadline Groundhog Day
  • Options
    I reckon dodoo will do ok. Let's good on youtube ! I expect he was the contigency signing if our main targets failed though.....which looks to be the case.

Also looks more like a winger than striker.
  • Options

I think this fella could have been a good addition if he was 3rd choice behind Josh and Novak. He offers something different and an option to change the way we play.

Instead we let Novak leave and so he is second choice.

He is not here as a compliment to what we have buy as our only other option. Stupid.

Ist choice on Saturday & God help us if Big Josh picks up an injury over the next 4 months.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

We/they should've gone all out to get another decent player in up top. I sat in the meeting with KM before Swindon at the end of last season, and she was at pains to point out that she wants them to be judged on this season and believes they are turning the corner

This season has started brightly and I think the first XI are decent. But it is just a first XI. Happy that we haven't lost a Konsa, but that could all change come Jan

I think they've missed a trick here. Particularly as we have got Watt, Tex, Ceballos off the wage bill

Time will tell, but I'm not sure now

That would be the deja vu all over again...
  • Options
    Shambolic . We needed a minimum of one striker FFS . To let Novak go is unbelievable under the circumstances . If big Josh gets crocked , we'll be well and truly in the Doo do .
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

2 weeks ago Novak was fat, lazy and useless. Definitely not good enough for us. Now he's gone it's like we've sold Neymar.

Last week we hated that the club conducted it's business in public - now it's being done quietly people are moaning.

Nobody has seen Dodoo play so how about we give him a chance before dismissing him. He was incredibly highly rated at Leicester a couple of years ago so let's see how this plays out.

Yes,Novak is fat and lazy but we've let an experienced fat lazy pro go to a rival on a free and signed a nobody who has scored 3 goals in Scotland!!!! I hate it when people post on here and say underwhelmed but.....underwhelmed
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

2 weeks ago Novak was fat, lazy and useless. Definitely not good enough for us. Now he's gone it's like we've sold Neymar.

Last week we hated that the club conducted it's business in public - now it's being done quietly people are moaning.

Nobody has seen Dodoo play so how about we give him a chance before dismissing him. He was incredibly highly rated at Leicester a couple of years ago so let's see how this plays out.

I don't think anyone is calling Novak a world beater, but having 2 striking options with 1 being a loan until January is ridiculous.

I hope this striker is good, but Rangers are a shit team in a shit league and if he is getting in their side i have my doubts he is good enough for ours..
  • Options
    Joe doo doo is shit
  • Options
    Well,Good luck to the kid.
    Why did I think this was going to be a good transfer window,what an idiot I am.
    #sameoldsameold