Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know how to look up free agents?
  • Options
    Josh Wright has liked a few tweets...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Anyone know how to look up free agents?

Transfermkt

I've filtered by league 1, centre forward and out of contract this year
  • Options
    Can the last one out turn the light off please
  • Options
    Jermaine Easter! :D
  • Options
    Take Rory Donnelly on a contract until January, Maybe Blackstock at a push.
  • Options

Donnelly has gone back to Northern Ireland. I'd probably take Blackstock or Leon Best. Matty Fryatt is available but think he's had too many injuries over last few years.
  • Options
    Ishmael Miller would be decent back up to Mag, remember a few years ago when he was at Yeovil scored a few against us and bullied our defenders.
  • Options
    Leon Best is showing available.

Probably not the worst option.
  • Options

Ishmael Miller would be decent back up to Mag, remember a few years ago when he was at Yeovil scored a few against us and bullied our defenders.

Robinson also likes left footed players, definitely think he could do a job for us but has had trouble with injuries and would need a good few weeks training first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If Ishmael Miller signs I hope he doesnt put Naby Sarr back in his pocket again!!

Jokes aside, he's one of the players who really terrorised Sarr when he first joined the club and we lost 2-1 to Huddersfield will Miller completely bullying him... Would be a good signing on the training pitch as he could teach Sarr how to deal with that physicality here
  • Options

Donnelly has gone back to Northern Ireland. I'd probably take Blackstock or Leon Best. Matty Fryatt is available but think he's had too many injuries over last few years.
    Shame about Donnelly...Would be happy with Miller or Fryatt but like its been mentioned they have had there fair share of injuries.
  • Options

David Martin signed for the Scum.

There must be something up big time for him to choose them over us,just shows what a sorry state we are in
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    doronron said:

There must be something up big time for him to choose them over us,just shows what a sorry state we are in
    disagree with that, its either number 2 in League 1 or the Champ. I also think Robinson might have been playing it cool because in reality we didn't have the budget to sign a keeper and let Phillips go out on loan.
  • Options

doronron said:

disagree with that, its either number 2 in League 1 or the Champ. I also think Robinson might have been playing it cool because in reality we didn't have the budget to sign a keeper and let Phillips go out on loan.
    Martin wouldn't sign if he didn't think he had a chance of playing

• Options
    Lambert.
  • Options
    doronron said:

Don't be ridiculous, when he has offers from the league above why would he sign for us in the league below to be backup?
  • Options

doronron said:

Don't be ridiculous, when he has offers from the league above why would he sign for us in the league below to be backup?

doronron said:

What's ridiculous is training with us then letting him slip through our fingers and into the toolbox
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, todays spin is that Novak left because Scunthorpe could offer him a starting berth every week. Right, lets just see how many starts he makes for them shall we. I'm going for a bakers dozen.
  • Options
    Not having that it was Roland's fault he didn't join
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    clb74 said:

Not having that it was Roland's fault he didn't join

I can't agree mate he controls the purse strings and he certainly doesn't like being held over a barrel that's for sure.

The striker situation however should have all been sorted in good time. We may have hit lucky with Dodoo and or Josh stays injury free but if not then the Douchbag may need to get some more duct tape for the foot he will have shot himself in.
  • Options
    The fact that KR said that we were interested in bringing in Doyle, who joined Oldham because he didn't want to move south shows that we really didn't have anyone lined up once we knew Novak was going.

Scrambling around for bits & pieces & finally in desperation plucking a youngster out from Rangers reserves doesn't sound like a plan to me.

Compare that to Wilder at Sheff U - they had a number of players lined up & weren't scrambling around in the bargain bins like a tramp.

• Options

So I've never claimed to be ITK before so chose to believe this or not.

So yesterday I visited some friends of mine who I havent seen too much in the last few years. The convo gets onto Charlton and my mates wife mentions that the senior partner at her work is Godden's old man.

Apparently he wanted to join and everything was agreed and he was certain it was happening only for Stevenage to up the asking price massively at the last min. Don't know the detail but obviously we didn't match it.

His dad fully expects him to join in January.

So yesterday I visited some friends of mine who I havent seen too much in the last few years. The convo gets onto Charlton and my mates wife mentions that the senior partner at her work is Godden's old man.

Apparently he wanted to join and everything was agreed and he was certain it was happening only for Stevenage to up the asking price massively at the last min. Don't know the detail but obviously we didn't match it.

After watching the wilder video, I can see the truth in this
  • Options

What video are you referring to?

I was told that neither him nor his Dad were impressed with Stevenage for risking the biggest move of his career by playing silly buggers with the fee.

I think it's fair enough for us to say no if they're gonna piss us around.
  • Options
    The 8 min video thread. Wilder on deadline day, where goalposts were moved by agents and clubs on deadline day
  • Options
    Every club scrambles around on deadline day, I would have kept Novak till January at least however.
  • Options

Which video are you referring to?

The impression I got was that his dad (and probably him) weren't happy with them for risking his career/the biggest move of his career by playing silly buggers

The 8 min video thread. Wilder on deadline day, where goalposts were moved by agents and clubs on deadline day

Just watched it now. Seems it's common practice.