Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Every game this season, you could feel the crowd tense up every time Kashi goes down.

This will be magnified every time Magennis goes down...
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I am no fan of Novak but he should be playing up front on Saturday!

True, true, but I've never fancies our chances when he's been in the starting eleven. Have we, actually, won a game he started?
    The fact he only started 16 games might be part of the issue.

Coventry (h) 3-0, Scunthorpe (h) 2-1
    So has he started 16 games for us in the third division and we've won none of them? I'm asking as I don't know.

If that stat is true then I'm more than happy that he's gone. For £6k a week we should be winning 10 out of every 16 games he starts, should we not?
    I make it 14 starts in League One and one in each of the three cup competitions (so 17 in total). Three League One wins.

I didn't particularly rate him and it goes without saying that Meire overpaid him, but you need experienced players in your squad.
  • Options
    And this is why I said I wasn't going to get excited until the window closed.
  • Options
    RHF will surprise everyone this season and we'll sell him next year for £15M
  • Options

So compared to last season - we have signed 7 players (Fosu, Dodoo, Clarke, Marshall, Reeves, Amos and Dasilva (plus Kashi + Sarr returned)), how many have we seen out the door?

7 Strikers: Ajose, Watt, Hanlan, Umerah, Vetokele, Novak and Mavididi

2 Keepers: Rudd, Mitov

4 Defenders: Chicksen, RJ, Thomas, Tex

3 Midfielders: Botaka, Ulvestad, Byrne

Am I missing anyone?

So compared to last season - we have signed 7 players (Fosu, Dodoo, Clarke, Marshall, Reeves, Amos and Dasilva (plus Kashi + Sarr returned)), how many have we seen out the door?

7 Strikers: Ajose, Watt, Hanlan, Umerah, Vetokele, Novak and Mavididi

2 Keepers: Rudd, Mitov

4 Defenders: Chicksen, RJ, Thomas, Tex

3 Midfielders: Botaka, Ulvestad, Byrne

Am I missing anyone?

Not sure we are missing any of those.

Hackett and KAG will have to step up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We kept both Konsa and Holmes.

Would have given odds against that happening 3 months ago.
  • Options
    it means fuck all keeping them if we r stuck in this shit league
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Kashi and Konsa stay. Nuff said.

Agreed,I'm pleased we have them until January But they won't score 20 goals this year
  • Options

it means fuck all keeping them if we r stuck in this shit league

We could sell them, KR keeps the money, and we can be "stuck" in League Two. It CAN get worse.

• Options

The last Rangers striker we had did ok!

I;m assuming you mean JJ. He was a proven goalscorer & a full International.
  • Options
    Quite a few players out there with out club's.Rickie lambert
  • Options
    I think this is the strongest squad we've had since Powell, In previous seasons we were easy to work out, with only one or two lines of supply (last year, stop Holmes or lookman you stop Charlton). This year we have goal threat all the way through the team.

That said, I'm surprised we let Hanlan go out on loan today with Novak going out. Karl must have faith in KAG & RHF
  • Options

Roland's constant reluctance to really kick on still baffles me each time.

The priority is to attempt to balance the books.
  • Options

I am no fan of Novak but he should be playing up front on Saturday!

True, true, but I've never fancies our chances when he's been in the starting eleven. Have we, actually, won a game he started?
    The fact he only started 16 games might be part of the issue.

Coventry (h) 3-0, Scunthorpe (h) 2-1
    So has he started 16 games for us in the third division and we've won none of them? I'm asking as I don't know.

If that stat is true then I'm more than happy that he's gone. For £6k a week we should be winning 10 out of every 16 games he starts, should we not?
    I make it 14 starts in League One and one in each of the three cup competitions (so 17 in total). Three League One wins.

I didn't particularly rate him and it goes without saying that Meire overpaid him, but you need experienced players in your squad.
    Agreed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish we got Grigg just for the song.
  • Options

Don't forget, next week we can take our pick of all the prolific goalscorers who are still free agents.
    You never know, one might be lined up already.

• Options
    I'm pissing myself laughing. I assume all week they have been training with the plan of Novak playing up front, but on Saturday at 3 o'clock it will be "Ricky, meet Mr Dodoo - please can you pass to him when you get the chance".

We are playing a team who have lost all 4 league games & sit rock bottom of the table - We should be going at then all guns blazing, trying to get a goal up early on & demoralise them further - yet we are going into the game with no striker with any League experience.

We are the laughing stock of League One
  • Options
    Not happy with the window at all, but willing to give the signings we did sign a chance.

It's not their fault Roland's a shit, Robinson's deluded and Katie well the less said the better.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Charlton Athletic transfer deadline day 2016-17 repeated tonight at 11.00pm on UKGold. ;)

Watching it again now, all very sad :(
    Why sad. Best window for years. Not perfect, and it won't be with these owners, but I for one am looking forward to Oldham.
    If the train is on time.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Positions I still feel a bit uncomfortable about in order of priority:

1. Striker (Magennis and Dodoo not enough, need at least three options for KR's formation)

2. Left Back (back up to Dasilva / alternative if his height becomes an issue? Haven't seen Page or Lennon in months)

3. Goalkeeper (would've liked an experienced back up to let Phillips get first team experience in League Two)

4. Right Back (solid back up for Solly preferred but not so worried as Konsa/Dijksteel/Barnes/RCC can fill in here)