Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    The fact that the window was good overall, makes it even more odd/frustrating that these bozos systematically dismantled our striking options.

We have one senior striker left - he spent a lot of last season injured, and is sporadically on international duty.

But don't worry, Novak was shit anyway and Billy Clarke can play at 'false nine'...

Why not keep Hanlan at the very least?
  • Options
    Why are we signing him? He doesn't look interested, and if Luton don't want him why should we? He's scored one goal in 7 games ffs.
    ( I would have posted that about Derek Hales in 1973 ).
    You never know.....
  • Options
    This thread seems to have moved on from the doodoo jokes, and that's great, but I just have to say 'shit happens' should have been the Twitter announcement from the club and the generic response from the fan base should have been 'I'm to old for this shit'.
  • Options

The fact that the window was good overall, makes it even more odd/frustrating that these bozos systematically dismantled our striking options.

We have one senior striker left - he spent a lot of last season injured, and is sporadically on international duty.

But don't worry, Novak was shit anyway and Billy Clarke can play at 'false nine'...

Because he will replace Dodoo in January?
  • Options
    sm said:

Because he will replace Dodoo in January?
    Not sure if you're being tongue in cheek (its very early) but Hanlan is a tall, strong, target man. Dodoo looks to me like a poacher/wide forward. Could be wrong.

Regardless, our forward line doesn't exactly scream 'goal machine'.
  • Options

Basically new contracts for Holmes, Josh and Pearce as well as dumping other high contract players meant no money for anyone else.

Roly has never cared about promotion, he now knows he can balance the books in this league by selling the odd youth player ( as will happen again in January).

You have been warned numerous times about this, but some of you still don't get it.

You're right actually. Never thought about it like that but being a yo-yo league one/championship team is the dream, isn't it?
  • Options
    The whole season now rests on luck.

Luck that Magennis, Holmes and Kashi don't get injured.
    Everyone else is just about replaceable. But lose any of those three and we go from a top six team to mid table jobbers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Pleased to see we kept hold of Holmes, Pearce, Konsa and Kashi. And agree that the new additions look good so far.*

If we're serious about promotion, leaving us so light up front is baffling. I could understand it more if we were in financial straits or got a fantastic offer for Novak. But we've got the richest owners in our history and Novak went for free.

No manager can be happy with no experienced striker cover. So for me it's either that we're not that serious about promotion, incompetence or a bit of both.

Pleased once again that I gave up my season ticket and found better things to do on a Saturday. Club's a joke.

* edited in response to @JamesSeed
  • Options

How some of you are happy with this transfer window totally baffles me, this might be the thinnest squad we've had under RD.

This proves two things:

1) RD really doesn't give a shit about results, money is the only thing that matters to him.

2) Certain posters on here are never going to criticise the club, no matter what they do. One poster even tried to bring up the Spanish world cup winning team in order to defend the regime ffs.

Striker situation is ridiculous but where else is the squad thin?

Ideally we'd have signed back up full backs but at RB we'll cover Solly between Konsa and Dijksteel. LB Page is injured for another month or so, having 3 senior left backs for the season was never going to happen.
  • Options
    Any decent free transfers knocking about?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

How some of you are happy with this transfer window totally baffles me, this might be the thinnest squad we've had under RD.

This proves two things:

1) RD really doesn't give a shit about results, money is the only thing that matters to him.

2) Certain posters on here are never going to criticise the club, no matter what they do. One poster even tried to bring up the Spanish world cup winning team in order to defend the regime ffs.

Striker situation is ridiculous but where else is the squad thin?

Ideally we'd have signed back up full backs but at RB we'll cover Solly between Konsa and Dijksteel. LB Page is injured for another month or so, having 3 senior left backs for the season was never going to happen.
    Also thin at GK, the Kashi role, and on the wing.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I expect Clarke, KAG or Reeco to lead the line on Saturday.

Do you think that's good enough to get us promoted? Genuinely.
    If I am honest. No

Hoping something else up our sleeve...loan window or Dodoo turns out to be some kind of Wunderkind

But I don't see we are a great deal weaker than 2 hours ago
    There is no loan window anymore.
  • Options
    I assume we have recall clauses on the youngsters, that way they come back match fit if Josh gets injured. Better than them sitting in the reserves in some way
  • Options

Any decent free transfers knocking about?

doubt it as they will probably insist on being paid - unlike our CEO who receives no pay for doing her job- allegedly!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

So KR weren't messing..we do really need to be in contention before they sanction a grigg or Taylor sort of signing..if they did that now it would increase those chances surely? I hope Joe does well because he will become a scapegoat otherwise. Also any injuries to key players are always bad no matter where you are.
    Would people have trusted Novak to fill Mags boots if he was injured?

And herein lies the problem. It's like Roland goes out shopping with Katrien at Christmas with a view to getting as much kit as possible to enhance his televisual enjoyment. He goes for the full fat Sky Q 2TB option; gets BT to slap in their sport option and throws in a subscription to Netflix and Amazon Prime while he's at it. He just buys at whatever prices are advertised and doesn't bother doing any haggling on price or contract length. But he can't quite bring himself to splash out on a 77" OLED Smart HDR UHD TV because they are too expensive and he'll get by on what he's got.

Trouble is, he gets home and finds all his shiny new kit have these round the back:

and his old Telly has these:

Neither he, nor his team of advisers know you could just spend another £20 and get a workable HDMI/SCART converter.

So although he is lumbered with paying the long-term contracts, he decides he's got to get some money back and ends up selling off all his shiny new kit for a couple of quid (P+P included) on Ebay. He forgets to send off the Sky remote with the box so ends up giving that to his mate for free because he's lost his down the back of the sofa.

Having done this, he finds out that his old TV only has an analogue tuner and now won't work at all.

It's no way to run a business. Roland couldn't arrange a fuck in a brothel.

something to do with that scouse voice in his head going on about false HDMIs and remote controls methinks!
  • Options
    It was already on but even more pressure on Big Mag now to get the goals in. If he can hit 12+ and the likes of Holmes & Co. chip in then we SHOULD do okay but its a dodgy game to play up until January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tarpey signed for Barnet. Pissed off we didn't take a risk on him. Think it would of worked out
  • Options
    Anti-climax as ever, not too bothered about Novak leaving but leaving the back up striker as someone who is untested is worrying. I dont even think personally Magdennis is going to get us 20 goals either, so would have been nice to get someone to push him for his place.

Overall we didn't lose any of the main players/ young stars so i am fairly happy, just hope big Mag dont get injured or we have unearthed another Malvidi type loan
  • Options
    All the signs are that RD is not willing to pay any fees up front or to countenance any increase in the wages bill - all indicators that he is looking to sell up for those of us looking for silver linings.
  • Options

The second paragraph contradicts the first so much.

I'm not sure we can consider this window a success when we have one senior striker, the starting 11 is good bit it's a long season and we will get suspensions and injuries, if they happen to either Josh or Kashi and we're toast.
  • Options

The second paragraph contradicts the first so much.

I'm not sure we can consider this window a success when we have one senior striker, the starting 11 is good bit it's a long season and we will get suspensions and injuries, if they happen to either Josh or Kashi and we're toast.
    I said "was" good overall.
  • Options
    sm said:

All the signs are that RD is not willing to pay any fees up front or to countenance any increase in the wages bill - all indicators that he is looking to sell up for those of us looking for silver linings.

He's always done it though.
  • Options
    Not just injuries or suspension but also loss of form. I can see Josh going the way of Vetokele - being run into the ground and having to play through injury.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So what happened with Godden?

Rumoured have been at the training ground, some say he even trained with the squad and passed his medical. And followed @CAFCOfficial on Twitter which is as good as a contract these days.

All you ITK types what's the SP? @No.1 in South London @dickplumb @Redhenry @WSS