Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours (Non-Charlton Related) - Deadline Day from page 22

Comments

• Options
    Zak Ansah has not been offered a contract after being on trial at Southend
  • Options

Despite griping at the time, if you look at who we sell, they usually disappoint their buyers. Pope, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Gomez, Wiggins and most of our other sales we lamented really have not gone on to excellence for their buying clubs. Have they?

No you have a point. But of those 5 mentioned, 4 are still Premier League players and Cousins still young enough to end up in the Premier League.

I would take any of them back that's for sure.

• Options
    edited July 2017

Despite griping at the time, if you look at who we sell, they usually disappoint their buyers. Pope, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Gomez, Wiggins and most of our other sales we lamented really have not gone on to excellence for their buying clubs. Have they?

No you have a point. But of those 5 mentioned, 4 are still Premier League players and Cousins still young enough to end up in the Premier League.

I would take any of them back that's for sure.

I agree but Kerms was a great signing for Bmouth and reading though.
  • Options
    It's obviously too early to pass judgements on Gomez and Lookman, but very few of our players in recent years have become established first 11 PL players elsewhere. Even Shelvey ended up back in the Championship for a season.

Indeed Harry Arter is one of the few who can be considered a PL regular, alongside perhaps Randolph.
  • Options
    Chambers to Palace?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Chambers to Palace?

Wislhere linked with them too.
  • Options
    Trippier signed a new 5 year deal at Spurs
  • Options
    Neymar to PSG rumoured. €222m.
  • Options

Neymar to PSG rumoured. €222m.

Mental amount of money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PSG are absolutely crazy to pay that kind of money.

Amazing deal for Barca, they could go and buy 3 world class players with that money and be a much better side for it.
  • Options

Amazing deal for Barca, they could go and buy 3 world class players with that money and be a much better side for it.

Couldn't disagree more, they won't get close to a player of Neymar's quality. What other holes do they have?
  • Options

Couldn't disagree more, they won't get close to a player of Neymar's quality. What other holes do they have?
    I agree, probably only centre back as umtiti looks dodgy.. right back maybe as well as not sure Sergio roberto is up to it
  • Options

I agree, probably only centre back as umtiti looks dodgy.. right back maybe as well as not sure Sergio roberto is up to it
    They need Verratti and a CB.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

They need Verratti and a CB.
    They don't need the money for them though.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Are you mad in what world does Umtiti look dodgy?????

and Sergi Roberto, very decent players
  • Options
    Barcelona really, really don't want this sale, hence why it's a release clause they're having to meet not accepting a bid. Neymar probably just feels to be seen at the best he can't be on the same team with 2 of the best others.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Arnautovic going to West Ham for 24 million.
    He's scored 54 goals in 290 games, including 22 goals in 125 games for Stoke in the Premiership. Not setting the world alight with that record, so a mad fee for an average goal scorer.
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

He's scored 54 goals in 290 games, including 22 goals in 125 games for Stoke in the Premiership. Not setting the world alight with that record, so a mad fee for an average goal scorer.

More of a creative midfielder than a goal scorer isn't he?
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

He's a winger that usually plays on the left of a front 3, so actually a pretty decent return of goals. He's a quality player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham sign Joe Hart
  • Options

I wouldn't say they have holes, but as dizzee said they certainly need a centre back and Verrati. My point wasn't that Neymar is easily replaceable as he's obviously not but more that the money can strengthen the overall team. They could go for someone like Coutinho, Hazard, Dybala etc to fill Neymar's place and in 90% of their games you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Barca aren't as rich as Real and they spend so much of their budget on Messi, Suarez and Neymar's wages that i don't think it'd be a bad deal for them. They have a lot of players getting on a bit and if they don't do something soon, they could get left behind by Real for a few years similar to how Real did in the Guardiola years. Real have so many talented young players now, Asensio, Llorente, Isco, Varane, Vallejo, Carvalho, Ceballos, Hernandez etc.
  • Options
    Crazy money that £195 million, Bale was 90 Million, Ronaldo £85million? correct me if i am wrong.

I think anyone would have to snap that off, not that they need the money but the only person you can realistically say is worth that is Messi imo. Ronaldo obviously would be close, Neymar is class but thats silly money!
  • Options
    Kevin Stewart (ever heard of him? No me neither), a 23 year old midfielder at Liverpool has joined Hull for 8m!!

Players i've never even heard of, who have barely played any first team games, are now worth millions.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Kevin Stewart (ever heard of him? No me neither), a 23 year old midfielder at Liverpool has joined Hull for 8m!!

Players i've never even heard of, who have barely played any first team games, are now worth millions.

Played 11-games for Liverpool, is 23-years old and spent most of his career on loan at the likes of Cheltenham | Burton | Swindon | Crewe... Overall he's played only 31-games in his entire career

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Stewart_(footballer)

Absolute madness, I wouldnt even pay £1m for that sort of CV!!

Apparently Liverpool are set to sign Andy Robertson from Hull for £8m themselves... Now thats a steal in this market!!
  • Options
    The sums of money going around are ridiculous. Stewart has played a handful of games, and has now England youth appearances either, so it's not as if he's been recognised since a young age as something special
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Ollie Watkins from Exeter to Brentford! Great signing for the Bees that!
  • Options

Played 11-games for Liverpool, is 23-years old and spent most of his career on loan at the likes of Cheltenham | Burton | Swindon | Crewe... Overall he's played only 31-games in his entire career

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Stewart_(footballer)

Absolute madness, I wouldnt even pay £1m for that sort of CV!!

Apparently Liverpool are set to sign Andy Robertson from Hull for £8m themselves... Now thats a steal in this market!!
    So basically a swap then !
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Ollie Watkins from Exeter to Brentford! Great signing for the Bees that!

£1.8m so that'll help out Exeter for a while.
  • Options
    Maybe they can cut the ticket prices for the cup game.