Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Just saw an interview with Jeremy Corbyn when questioned about the wreath laying “controversy”.

He really isn’t fit to lead the country. Not because of his presence at the conference or indeed the ceremony to lay a wreath in Paris. He’s just plain stupid.

When questioned about the wreath layed to honour PLO activists assassinated in Paris by Mossad after the Munich attacks he said and I paraphrase

“I was present at the wreath laying but I don’t think I was involved”

Advice to Jeremy. When you are in a hole at least have what you want to say already rehearsed. Stick to it and don’t suggest anything that makes you look even more stupid than people already think.

https://evolvepolitics.com/there-were-8-munich-terrorists-none-are-buried-at-the-tunis-cemetery-that-jeremy-corbyn-visited/
    If that article is accurate then the onus is on Labour and Corbyn to release a statement to that effect.

That so many on this site and across the country are prepared to run with a Mail/Express/Telegraph campaign against Corbyn is a sign of the times.

The reality is that at the next election, the electorate will have a clear choice between Labour and the Austerity Party aka coalition of chaos. Right now the polls show this as a tie leading to a hung parliament. But who knows how Brexit, the economy, the NHS and the other priorities for the country will develop?

The irony is that this is a thread about the Tory party and yet some who obsess about Corbyn cannot stop themselves. Ultimately the conference season and the Brexit negotiations will bring some clarity to the landscape. Labour have an opportunity to update and re-align their stance on Brexit and their are several grass roots movements targetting their conference so as to shift policy in this area.

Can somebody please explaing where the Tories are going on this, the NHS, housing or education. They can't resolve their own internal differences so little chance of any progress for the nation!
    It isn‘t just that though is it ?

Corbyn is a divisive person. He’s divided his own Parliamentary Party to the extent that the majority would see him gone. Certainly the right wing press will do their worst (see my post above), they always do. The point with Corbyn is that for many. Me included he is the sole reason that labour are not romping ahead in the polls. The Tories are making a mess of practically every single sphere where they influence. They score own goal after own goal. They should be approaching the point where the electorate will sling them out. Just like John Majors conservative government and Gordon Browns Labour government. Moribund. However. They are still very much in the game. It’s unbelievable. He’s a hypocrite and ideologue that will see the complete ruin of the Labour Party that people feel comfortable voting for. I agree a hung parliament is very possible and it’s not beyond the realms that JC might indeed have the opportunity to form a government. The point is, at this juncture he should be a shoe in.

I thought more Labour members vote for Corbyn than any other Labour leader. I also think that some of the enormous amount of crap (lies) thrown at him by the Right Wing press, has stuck.
    Ive got mates who still think that Corbyn is an IRA terrorist FFS. These are the same people who, when it was pointed out to them, that Nelson Mandela was called a terrorist, laughed.
    So when you get people blindly believing without looking/checking, you end up with a web of lies that are believed.
    It’s because the Labour Party membership including the Unite Trade Union and Momentum have got the leadership ballot process in their pocket. If there was a ballot tomorrow to replace Corbyn who would be elected ? Certainly not the electable face of Labour. It would be another left wing dinosaur who is just as unelectable as JC.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Any labour leader in the run up to a General Election is always up against it. The right wing press are relentless in their quest to discredit, ridicule and create an image of incompetence. Ask Ed Milliband or Neil Kinnock. Michael Foot and Gordon Brown.

Can you imagine the field day that The Mail, Express, The Telegraph and Times will have with Corbyn. He has a back catalogue of gaffs and reasons to attack him and I don’t mean how he eats a bacon sandwich.

Labour should under the current circumstances be a long way ahead in the polls yet it would appear their lead is disputed and at best restricted to one or two points.

Corbyn is a liability and until he goes Labour will struggle to convince people in enough numbers to win an election. It’s a bloody shame because the Tories are without doubt the worst government this country has seen in generations.

Exactly how I see it. Agree with @seth plum as well, it was an atrocity... But why that atrocity and why now? Does he not think how it might look?
    He doesn't care how it looks. He backed and still backs his terrorists "friends" and always will.

He has spent his life backing causes and will never stop, he loyalty to those causes is more important than anything else, not his party and not his country. And certainly not peace in the middle East.

Just like Brexit. It's bad for Britain but he has always been anti the EU so he lets the Tories have a free run.
  • Options
    The reason Corbyn got elected was he participated (as did others) in the Democratic process of the Labour party.
    Theresa May wasn't elected leader in anything like the same way. May seemed to have become Prime Minister by a process of elevation not election.
    That's one major difference between the current parties right there.

• Options
    seth plum said:

The reason Corbyn got elected was he participated (as did others) in the Democratic process of the Labour party.
    Theresa May wasn't elected leader in anything like the same way. May seemed to have become Prime Minister by a process of elevation not election.

So you're using the 'will of the people" argument now : - )

• Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Just saw an interview with Jeremy Corbyn when questioned about the wreath laying “controversy”.

He really isn’t fit to lead the country. Not because of his presence at the conference or indeed the ceremony to lay a wreath in Paris. He’s just plain stupid.

When questioned about the wreath layed to honour PLO activists assassinated in Paris by Mossad after the Munich attacks he said and I paraphrase

“I was present at the wreath laying but I don’t think I was involved”

Advice to Jeremy. When you are in a hole at least have what you want to say already rehearsed. Stick to it and don’t suggest anything that makes you look even more stupid than people already think.

https://evolvepolitics.com/there-were-8-munich-terrorists-none-are-buried-at-the-tunis-cemetery-that-jeremy-corbyn-visited/
    If that article is accurate then the onus is on Labour and Corbyn to release a statement to that effect.

That so many on this site and across the country are prepared to run with a Mail/Express/Telegraph campaign against Corbyn is a sign of the times.

The reality is that at the next election, the electorate will have a clear choice between Labour and the Austerity Party aka coalition of chaos. Right now the polls show this as a tie leading to a hung parliament. But who knows how Brexit, the economy, the NHS and the other priorities for the country will develop?

The irony is that this is a thread about the Tory party and yet some who obsess about Corbyn cannot stop themselves. Ultimately the conference season and the Brexit negotiations will bring some clarity to the landscape. Labour have an opportunity to update and re-align their stance on Brexit and their are several grass roots movements targetting their conference so as to shift policy in this area.

Can somebody please explaing where the Tories are going on this, the NHS, housing or education. They can't resolve their own internal differences so little chance of any progress for the nation!
    It isn‘t just that though is it ?

Corbyn is a divisive person. He’s divided his own Parliamentary Party to the extent that the majority would see him gone. Certainly the right wing press will do their worst (see my post above), they always do. The point with Corbyn is that for many. Me included he is the sole reason that labour are not romping ahead in the polls. The Tories are making a mess of practically every single sphere where they influence. They score own goal after own goal. They should be approaching the point where the electorate will sling them out. Just like John Majors conservative government and Gordon Browns Labour government. Moribund. However. They are still very much in the game. It’s unbelievable. He’s a hypocrite and ideologue that will see the complete ruin of the Labour Party that people feel comfortable voting for. I agree a hung parliament is very possible and it’s not beyond the realms that JC might indeed have the opportunity to form a government. The point is, at this juncture he should be a shoe in.

I thought more Labour members vote for Corbyn than any other Labour leader. I also think that some of the enormous amount of crap (lies) thrown at him by the Right Wing press, has stuck.
    Ive got mates who still think that Corbyn is an IRA terrorist FFS. These are the same people who, when it was pointed out to them, that Nelson Mandela was called a terrorist, laughed.
    So when you get people blindly believing without looking/checking, you end up with a web of lies that are believed.
    Just out of an interest in viscosity in general, does the shit thrown at him from, say, Former Barrow Labour MP, John Woodcock, or the Labour MP for Barking, or the Labour Shadow Chancellor, or Tony Benns grand daughter, or Tom Watson, Deputy Labour Leader, or Kezia Dugdale, former Scottish Labour Party leader, or Ian Murray Shadow Scottish minister etc etc, doesn't stick?
    Or are they all right wing liars?
  • Options

seth plum said:

So you're using the 'will of the people" argument now : - )

I know you say that slightly in jest but yes I suppose I am.
    Brexit has sharpened the debate about 'democracy', some people confidently saying the EU is undemocratic, which it isn't, and some saying the referendum was undemocratic, which it wasn't.
    The definition of democracy is on a spectrum and not a fixed concept.
    We are in a world however where democratic expression of whatever type has consequences that follow. This is where it gets tricky.
    Perhaps too many people think voting is no more significant that filling in a survey in Cosmopolitan magazine, or signing a petition.
    The Labour party has to own the election of Corbyn, brexit voters should own brexit.
    Or work to change the Democratic processes.
    It is hugely ironic that the Tory party membership or voters are not obliged to own the leadership of May, and disowning her is something many Tories are wallowing in right now.
    May, Corbyn and the brexit voters have to make it happen. That is the difficult bit.
    Perhaps the current debate is one between democracy and reality.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Like Brown, you mean?
  • Options
    Blimey Henry, even the gutter press don't even call Corbyn a racist. This isn't about Jezza, it's about the danger of someone left wing coming to power. Middle of the road Wilson suffered, as have Foot, Benn and snout in the trough Kinnock. Even Milliband was smeared via his father. If you have evidence of Corbyn racism, please provide facts (not links to Mail articles).
  • Options

Leuth said:

Everyone, please disperse. Corbyn is the real racist. End of discussion.

No, Corbyn is just one of many racists but his fanboys will excuse any of his actions supporting terrorists, reject any evidence of him supporting racist, homophobic, misogynist terrorists and believe every ever more incredible excuses "I was there but didn't take part" being the latest.

None so blind as those who refuse to see.

Cue the usual "Whataboutery", " he needs to speak to these terrorists to bring peace", "it's all a smear", etc etc etc
    Am I being wooshed? Everything you have said since (and including) this comment is Whataboutery.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Like Brown, you mean?
    'Current parties' I wrote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just heard a hair splitting.
  • Options

Blimey Henry, even the gutter press don't even call Corbyn a racist. This isn't about Jezza, it's about the danger of someone left wing coming to power. Middle of the road Wilson suffered, as have Foot, Benn and snout in the trough Kinnock. Even Milliband was smeared via his father. If you have evidence of Corbyn racism, please provide facts (not links to Mail articles).

Margaret Hodge called him an anti-Semite (a type of racism) to his face.

Corbyn cultists went into melt down but a few days later all disciplinary action dropped because they knew his record of anti-semitism and the many public examples of him breaking the IHRC definition would mean she would win. Stating that he saw "the hand of Israel" behind a terror attack by Muslims on other Muslims on TV will do for starters. There are so many more.

Leuth said:

Everyone, please disperse. Corbyn is the real racist. End of discussion.

No, Corbyn is just one of many racists but his fanboys will excuse any of his actions supporting terrorists, reject any evidence of him supporting racist, homophobic, misogynist terrorists and believe every ever more incredible excuses "I was there but didn't take part" being the latest.

None so blind as those who refuse to see.

Cue the usual "Whataboutery", " he needs to speak to these terrorists to bring peace", "it's all a smear", etc etc etc
    Am I being wooshed? Everything you have said since (and including) this comment is Whataboutery.
    Yeah, maybe but that Wreath? Funny how the story has changed from "I wasn't there" to "I was there but I didn't participate" in a day and the Corbynistas at Squawkbox delete their tweets to stay in line with the new version of events.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Henry. Despite the numerous posts on the subject, you can't get into your head that Israel is a country not a race. With dubious racist issues of their own. IHRA seeks to exclude criticism of Israel on the apron strings of anti-semitism. The fact that a labour dinosaur, an apologist for the apartheid regime calls Corbyn racist doesn't justify your mis-classification.
  • Options
    I think Corbyn is too stupid to realise that what he believes, says and does is seen to be racist.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

So what Henry Irving is saying the Tories need to change is to vote Corbyn out of Labour? Or am I on the wrong thread...

Labour thread was sunk. Apparently the ills of austerity, Brexit, railways, housing, crime, tax-evasion and our drop down the G8 league table is down to Corbyns anti-semitism.
  • Options

Good for you, but if this is a dig at me then your aim isn't true.
    You asked the question following my post after all.
    I answered.
    It kinda works like that.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I answered.
    So you moaned when Brown became supreme leader?
    Or just when it suits you?
    You kinda work that way.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

seth plum said:

I answered.
    So you moaned when Brown became supreme leader?
    Or just when it suits you?
    You kinda work that way.
    You what?
    What has Brown becoming leader got to do with my comment on the current leadership situation in the two main parties?
    You want to know my reaction to Brown becoming leader? You suggest (based on no knowledge whatsoever) I moaned, when in fact I yawned.
    What do you mean 'just when it suits you'?
    My personal indifference to something that happened ten years ago is relevant to the comparison I made above between May and Corbyn?
    If you are somehow calling me out for hypocrisy, it's based on what exactly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When negative "funny" tweets are appearing on twitter about you and you are LEFT wing. You fucked up.

Better tone it down though guys, this is looking like too much negativity about Jeremy, and more importantly about the fact that he does fuck all about the oldest hatred in the land. Better write it all off as Tory gutter press and get back to talking about how all the ills in the world are down to Jacob Rees Mogg before this thread gets sunk like all the others...
  • Options
    Whenever I see the die hard support for Corbyn I sit back and think how much of a Wally these grown adults will think of themselves in 10-15 years when Corbyn is long gone.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

When negative "funny" tweets are appearing on twitter about you and you are LEFT wing. You fucked up.

Better tone it down though guys, this is looking like too much negativity about Jeremy, and more importantly about the fact that he does fuck all about the oldest hatred in the land. Better write it all off as Tory gutter press and get back to talking about how all the ills in the world are down to Jacob Rees Mogg before this thread gets sunk like all the others...

You should drop the victim mentality. I'm sure you would love the fact the labour thread got sunk was simply because this is some sort safe haven for the left, it would fit your narrative.

Why don't you start a new one? Out of respect of a mod's request because of what happened on the labour thread.

I was the last poster on the old labour thread. I'm not going to air what happened in public but you keep posting the same comment with different words. The labour thread had taken a dark turn for 24hrs with several members being dug out but the threat of legal action against the site owners by a right leaning visitor to this board was probably the final straw. That or afka is in our cult and cobbles is his bitch.
    A new one was made mate. It was called "Jeremy Corbyn and antisemitism"

10 points if you can guess what happened to it.

Not having a go at the mods, just pointing out it feeds into the ridiculous echo chamber this place is politically.
  • Options
    Corbyn is a liability as Labour leader and politically naive. The press, rightly or wrongly, will have a field day with his past and for those claiming his popular support within the party this is largely down to the 'entryist' tactics of Momentum who weren't willing to form their own party.

Corbyn reminds me of the world of student politics.

• Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

You should drop the victim mentality. I'm sure you would love the fact the labour thread got sunk was simply because this is some sort safe haven for the left, it would fit your narrative.

Why don't you start a new one? Out of respect of a mod's request because of what happened on the labour thread.

I was the last poster on the old labour thread. I'm not going to air what happened in public but you keep posting the same comment with different words. The labour thread had taken a dark turn for 24hrs with several members being dug out but the threat of legal action against the site owners by a right leaning visitor to this board was probably the final straw. That or afka is in our cult and cobbles is his bitch.
    A new one was made mate. It was called "Jeremy Corbyn and antisemitism"

10 points if you can guess what happened to it.

Not having a go at the mods, just pointing out it feeds into the ridiculous echo chamber this place is politically.
    "Man who repeats same thing over and over in echo chamber accusations..."
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!