Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    By they, do you mean Gordon Brown raising it yet again at a speech?
  • Options

By they, do you mean Gordon Brown raising it yet again at a speech?

No I mean the media because that is what we were talking about, try to keep up. :wink:
  • Options
    The media reported Gordon's speech yesterday. You want them not to?
  • Options

No, I don't mind them reporting it - I just want them to report on all the important stuff that the Tories are doing to screw us all over on a daily basis too. That is the heart of what I am getting at Art.
  • Options
    If it's not being reported, how do we all know about it?
  • Options

It's a Corbyn controversy, not a media controversy, no matter how many times it is claimed otherwise.
    A coalition of CL posters would have ousted the worst party for many many years. That is why analysis of the opposition is valid on this thread.

So why are they not majoring on the Boris controversy, or the May's husband controversy or the Craig MacKinley expenses scandal (3 years and still no court case)?

It's not affecting anyone - but them talking about that instead of the real problems, and people falling for it is the real controversy...
    Was ever thus.

• Options

No, I don't mind them reporting it - I just want them to report on all the important stuff that the Tories are doing to screw us all over on a daily basis too. That is the heart of what I am getting at Art.
    Try increasing your intake of media, it's all been reported.
  • Options

Try increasing your intake of media, it's all been reported.
    It's not a different version of the same story on the front page of many of the papers every day for three or four days.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    seth plum said:

I suppose a daily media focus on Jeremy Corbyn and his past behaviour is far more important than a daily media focus on Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her current nightmare.
    Nice one Boris, agenda manipulator supreme.

https://independent.co.uk/voices/nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-boris-johnson-iran-jeremy-corbyn-a8291691.html

You see, that's the thing. Until Johnson's utter, breath-taking incompetence brought this matter to the fore, who knew? Corbyn saw that as a great opportunity to call for the then Foreign Secretary's resignation. But what has he actually done himself that puts him in a better place than the fuckwit Boris? Has he asked for talks with Iran, maybe by asking his Hamas chums for an introduction? Has he visited Iran? Has he even had a cup of tea with the Iranian Ambassador - the embassy is only about 1km from Westminster? I can not find a single pro-active thing that he's done. Nothing, nothing at all. Because that's what he does best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

I suppose a daily media focus on Jeremy Corbyn and his past behaviour is far more important than a daily media focus on Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her current nightmare.

https://independent.co.uk/voices/nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-boris-johnson-iran-jeremy-corbyn-a8291691.html

You see, that's the thing. Until Johnson's utter, breath-taking incompetence brought this matter to the fore, who knew? Corbyn saw that as a great opportunity to call for the then Foreign Secretary's resignation. But what has he actually done himself that puts him in a better place than the fuckwit Boris? Has he asked for talks with Iran, maybe by asking his Hamas chums for an introduction? Has he visited Iran? Has he even had a cup of tea with the Iranian Ambassador - the embassy is only about 1km from Westminster? I can not find a single pro-active thing that he's done. Nothing, nothing at all. Because that's what he does best.
    Even though it is in the Independent, that reads to me like a bollocks article.
    Boris Johnson made the plight of Nazanin worse, he was the Foreign Secretary when he did it, Corbyn condemned him because of it.
    I mean the article reads as if Boris Johnson is saying 'Yeah Corbyn, I have made matters worse, but what were you doing about it before huh? At least I did something!!!'.

• Options
    seth plum said:

cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

Boris Johnson made the plight of Nazanin worse, he was the Foreign Secretary when he did it, Corbyn condemned him because of it.
    I mean the article reads as if Boris Johnson is saying 'Yeah Corbyn, I have made matters worse, but what were you doing about it before huh? At least I did something!!!'.

Sure we all know Johnson's an arsewipe and about as useful as a chocolate dildo. That's a given. But I take it you haven't managed to find anything Corbyn's actually done about it either then? Do you not find that strange in the extreme?
  • Options
    Johnson's a complete douchenozzle but he's not wrong to say Corbyn hasn't actually done anything proactive. You can say the media keep on repeating and rehashing stories etc. but the controversy about anti-Semitism in Labour for example is not going anywhere when the party leader doesn't seem willing/able to actually do anything about it other than tit-for-tat mudslinging with the Tories.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I think that it’s becoming clear to me that Corbyn is not a leader. He shows no leadership qualities. He’s not inclusive or ever takes a consensus view. He does exactly what Jeremy Corbyn wants whether that’s in the best interest of the party or country. It matters not a jot.

I desperately want the Tories out whenever the general election comes but although always having voted Labour and have a good constituency MP in Clive Efford, I think my vote will be going elsewhere.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

Sure we all know Johnson's an arsewipe and about as useful as a chocolate dildo. That's a given. But I take it you haven't managed to find anything Corbyn's actually done about it either then? Do you not find that strange in the extreme?
    Strange in the extreme?
    In the extreme?
    Not really. There is a good chance he was innocent enough to believe that even Boris Johnson wouldn't make matters worse, but would intervene for the better. Corbyn neither laid the groundwork for Boris Johnson, but nor did he twist Johnsons arm to intervene the way he did.
    I think there are others things that might qualify for 'in the extreme' more than Corbyn on this issue.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

He’s not inclusive or ever takes a consensus view.

That's...like, his whole deal. Or at least, he's trying very hard to juggle a LOT of conflicting interests and beliefs under the Labour umbrella. Who'd do a better job?
  • Options
    BTW, *insert Blue Labour 'centrist' here* will NOT unite the country. He'll unite London-based liberal types like some of us on this thread, but he will lose millions more north and west of Watford
  • Options
    My regard for Corbyn has been damaged far more by the Labour ludicrous position on the EU than this issue regarding wreath laying.
    Anyway as this thread is about the Tories, one of their education people was on the wireless today, A Level results day, saying the student loans were no biggie. He didn't get asked why the interest rate was 6.8%, so even when paying it off according to the rules you end the year owing more than you did at the start.
    It was a Tory being economical with the whole truth of the situation. Probably because he is a Tory more than him being a c**t to be fair.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

BTW, *insert Blue Labour 'centrist' here* will NOT unite the country. He'll unite London-based liberal types like some of us on this thread, but he will lose millions more north and west of Watford

London is a lot more left leaning than the rest of the country. Corbyn is a privately educated north London mp, he’s the definition of a metropolitan elite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

That's...like, his whole deal. Or at least, he's trying very hard to juggle a LOT of conflicting interests and beliefs under the Labour umbrella. Who'd do a better job?
    Chippy would

• Options

Leuth said:

Chippy would

The question is who would do a worse job. Can't sort himself or his party out. How the hell could he ever hope to lead his country?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

Strange in the extreme?
    In the extreme?
    Not really. There is a good chance he was innocent enough to believe that even Boris Johnson wouldn't make matters worse, but would intervene for the better. Corbyn neither laid the groundwork for Boris Johnson, but nor did he twist Johnsons arm to intervene the way he did.
    I think there are others things that might qualify for 'in the extreme' more than Corbyn on this issue.
    Jesus Christ Seth. If you are now trotting out as an excuse for Corbyn's complete inactivity on anything meaningful, ever, on him being an "innocent", you've really lost the plot. He's a dyed in the wool politician who has been an MP for 35 years. If he's innocent, as in naive, he really needs to think about a career change, don't you think?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

Strange in the extreme?
    In the extreme?
    Jesus Christ Seth. If you are now trotting out as an excuse for Corbyn's complete inactivity on anything meaningful, ever, on him being an "innocent", you've really lost the plot. He's a dyed in the wool politician who has been an MP for 35 years. If he's innocent, as in naive, he really needs to think about a career change, don't you think?
    That isn't what I said for goodness sake. I am not saying any inactivity is because of innocence, or that he is an innocent generally, I am saying that he might have been innocent enough to think the Foreign Secretary wouldn't make things worse, because he was the Foreign Secretary and had the access.
    I do admire your ability to try to develop what i say into something else entirely, and I am glad to have the chance to correct you.
  • Options
    Has her sentence been increased?
  • Options
    He chances of being released were diminished (according to the Iranian government) because Johnson said she was training journalists in Iran rather than visiting family with her very young child.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/13/boris-johnson-says-sorry-for-mistake-jailed-briton-iran-nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe
  • Options
    You realize politicians are briefed by civil servants?
    Quoting an out of date left wing media witch hunt © is a strange way to avoid answering my question.
    Which is that no, her sentence hasn't increased.
    Perhaps for the joy of some balance you might dig out the much loved and trusted (by you) Iranian reaction to his subsequent visit, after his monster gaffe?
  • Options

Leuth said:

London is a lot more left leaning than the rest of the country. Corbyn is a privately educated north London mp, he’s the definition of a metropolitan elite.
    That would hold some relevance if it was beyond a minor prep school. Hardly Eton, Harrow and Oxbridge was it.
  • Options
    Interesting read for those wondering if the Corbyn "scandal" means diddly squat http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/10019
  • Options

You realize politicians are briefed by civil servants?
    Quoting an out of date left wing media witch hunt © is a strange way to avoid answering my question.
    Which is that no, her sentence hasn't increased.
    Perhaps for the joy of some balance you might dig out the much loved and trusted (by you) Iranian reaction to his subsequent visit, after his monster gaffe?

He apologized for no reason?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!