Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich - PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Trying to not get too positive about this result because Ipswich were awful, or made to look awful and they are probably feeling the same way the other jockeys did in that horse race the other day when they got beat by a nag that was a ringer. Some of the individual moves today would have had commentators drooling if it had been messi or ronaldo doing it.
  • Options
    What was the official attendance?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Preseason or not and Ipswich being awful,
    That's the best I've seen us play in about
    3 years. So many outstanding performances
  • Options

What was the official attendance?

I put this up earlier Henry, but here it is again

16:05 More than 2k here today
    The official attendance at The Valley is 2,297, with 380 away fans.
  • Options
    If the rule is you don't get down when you loose in pre-season then you can't get too up by a win.

Played well, but were greatly assisted by an utterly woeful Ipswich team. No idea who of that lot were their first XI, but to a man they were shocking.

Nice to see Clarke finally have a positive influence on the game and although he had little to do Amos looked pretty assured.

Lots of plus points but the real work starts next week.
  • Options

Be kind. The big guy in front of KM is Brian Kinsey, hero left back of the 60's.

That's never Brian Kinsey !
    I don't think it is Brian Kinsey

• Sponsored links:

• Options

If the rule is you don't get down when you loose in pre-season then you can't get too up by a win.

Played well, but were greatly assisted by an utterly woeful Ipswich team. No idea who of that lot were their first XI, but to a man they were shocking.

Nice to see Clarke finally have a positive influence on the game and although he had little to do Amos looked pretty assured.

Think that was at least 8 or 9 of their first XI next week... or at least who the planned first XI was! Maybe McCarthy will drop most of them now.
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers beat West Bromwich 2-1 today
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Can't believe that. Surely he must have something better to do than travel miles to watch a team that even it's own fans can barely be bothered to watch.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    His agent is probably talking to Ipswich. He can name his own price now for a weekly salary with them i suspect
  • Options

Think that was at least 8 or 9 of their first XI next week... or at least who the planned first XI was! Maybe McCarthy will drop most of them now.
    I signed up to watch the second half. They took a pound payment but not the monthly, not sure why.
  • Options
    Ipswich fan saying that it was pretty much a full strength side they put out today.

"I know it's a pre-season game BUT it's the last game before the new season, it was a full strength side and we've been given the runaround by a side in the league below us. It's not good enough and I'm sure Mick will be seething but it's now his task to get them back on track because if we're planning on performing like that this season, we'll get relegated. Still alot of work to be done before August 31st."
  • Options
    Rob said:

Be kind. The big guy in front of KM is Brian Kinsey, hero left back of the 60's.

That's never Brian Kinsey !
    I don't think it is Brian Kinsey

Definitely NOT Brian Kinsey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish we hadn't played so well until after the transfer window closes.

• Options
    6-1 is a huge boost ahead of the season
  • Options
    At last , a happy Saturday night. You can only beat what's in front of you and to be honest Ipswich were poor today, but our performance was grounds for some optimism. If we can replicate that for most of the season we will win more than we lose. Just as long as we stay relatively free of injuries.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    When was the last time we didn't play in red/white at home?
  • Options
    Superb result and sounds like a fantastic performance all round, but not getting too excited until similar levels are reached in the league.