Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Legend Game - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    bellz2002 said:

I wonder what they were talking about...

Powell looks like he's pointing towards the Goal... explaining: "Thats the goal, you ball the ball in it... Simple!!"
  • Options
    Today was great fun. Wish more had turned up to support it, as they would have enjoyed it, unlike many league matches of recent times.
  • Options

A bunch of nobodys, famous for doing something on Youtube & are shit at football can sell out the valley, but some of the greatest players to ever put on a Charlton shirt play a charity match at the Valley & it's not even half full!

Makes me so sad & very angry!

P'raps a better way of looking at it, is a misuse of the word "Legend(s)"

Out of those playing today, those that I'd genuinely be happy to pay to watch, would barely make up an XI but definitely there wouldn't be any subs!

Of course they are all part of the clubs history but that doesn't mean they're worth paying to see.
  • Options

A bunch of nobodys, famous for doing something on Youtube & are shit at football can sell out the valley, but some of the greatest players to ever put on a Charlton shirt play a charity match at the Valley & it's not even half full!

Makes me so sad & very angry!

To be fair the YouTube match was also for charity I believe, but I get your point.
  • Options
    Wasn't it Paul Hayes rather than Ben. ? If I'm wrong Ben you're a today player
  • Options
    Some ex-players keeping themselves in trim (some not!) A great afternoon. Good showings from Kim Grant, Lee Bowyer and others. Paul Hayes looked fit but he only stopped playing this year I think....

Superb that some travelled huge distances to attend. Grant from Bangladesh! Not sure how Kishishev and Garland managed to do so well bearing in mind the built-in handicap!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    My only thought after the game is....
    Who could be in that legends game in another 15 years or so that I'd look forward to seeing again.

Maybe Jackson, Solly, Elliott, Waggy.

That's about it for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3blokes said:

It was an afternoon when you truly realised what a loser Roland Duchatelet is.

Oh Fuck
  • Options
    edited September 2017