Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Legend Game - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Good to see a Dartford Golf Club tie in the first photo. Well done John.
    Unfortunately it's not a Dartford golf club tie it is a Charlton tie
  • Options
    If anyone wants a photo signed by some legends let us know.

image.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the day. So nostalgic seeing certain players do the same old things they used to, just a bit slower!

Holland looks as slim as the day he retired. The same couldn't be said for some of the others though!
  • Options
    I saw a bloke outside the ground just before kick off spitting image of Colin Walsh , i gave him a spare ticket as family couldn't make it , he was adamant he wasn't Colin, i guess i'll never know! :)

You know they say never meet your heroes, i was so tempted to go up to Super Clive, as he was walking along the touchline , and thank him for all the times i'd visited the dentists over the years , gripped the seat handles tightly and tried to 'relive' that playoff final , but i didn't!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Sorry it's s bit dark.

Herman hasnt aged one bit!!
  • Options

I saw a bloke outside the ground just before kick off spitting image of Colin Walsh , i gave him a spare ticket as family couldn't make it , he was adamant he wasn't Colin, i guess i'll never know! :)

Perhaps the real Colin Walsh was sitting in the stand, and his ringer was playing out on the pitch!
  • Options

Perhaps the real Colin Walsh was sitting in the stand, and his ringer was playing out on the pitch!
    Judging from his pained expression, and some mumbled expletives aimed at Keith Peacock, it's safe to assume this would have been the real Colin's strong preference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017

SCP just hoofed a penalty over the bar

On purpose! He did it after the game with an open goal as well!
  • Options
    Only got 2 Heroes ?

Matt Tees and Clive Mendonca.
    Two working class lads. a Scot and a Wearsider.

Son and brother wanted to have picture taken with super Clive yesterday.
    A fantastic humble guy who didn't earn the rewards that average players take from the game now.

As we embraced for the picture by the dug out, Clive thanked me for all the assists and i thanked him for getting on the end of them.

I even had a dream once that Clive Mendonca scored the best ever Hat trick at the Old Wembley and Charlton got promoted to the Premier !!!

Only have dreams of Flemish Warlocks and witches now.

• Options

really enjoyable afternoon. seeing peter garland boss the midfield was a real highlight and his celebration after scoring a penalty.

great to see Powell back at where he belongs.

loved it when curbs put a pass on to lisbie who didn't read it. the scowl from his ex manager was brilliant.

nelson had a chance for a shot but wouldn't dare try his other foot. Herman looks like he still could do a job as could Holland. Bowyer was good an all but hogs the ball a bit too much.

only downside was the interviews done during the match, couldn't hear them.

like others have said it was a match where you spent most of it smiling. well done to all involved.

it was great that a few including grant, sasa (who I guess lives over in Serbia?) and hermen made the trip over. you could tell they all enjoyed it. another highlight was speaking to super clive. real nice bloke.

hopefully a transcript somewhere?
  • Options
    Swooning a bit here as just had a lovely reply from Scott Minto on Twitter. Had a bit of a chat with him in the lounge afterwards yesterday - I was enquiring as to whether he had any rich friends who might want to buy a little S London football club if I remember rightly! And there was me thinking it didn't get much better than Jason Euell liking a couple of my comments on Facebook...
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Can I just say well done to Paul Edwards for the fantastic photos captured & shown on here which say such a lot about our Legends and our great club.

Is that Arthur's son Paul?? I've known him for ages (through work 'on the road'). Top bloke. Is he a charlton fan? He's certainly an ace photographer!

[edit: different Paul Edwards]
  • Options

Clive said "if you don't own this book you're Palace fan"

image.

Didnt I read somewhere that Clive had never read a book?
  • Options
    As a matter of interest, was Meire at the game?
  • Options

As a matter of interest, was Meire at the game?

She was
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If anyone wants a photo signed by some legends let us know.

image.

I'd be interested in a copy of that one of Hales, Powell and (?)Robinson (centre-right at the bottom) Henry.
    What do I do?
  • Options
    Took my three kids along to this one, including my youngest who's two and a half. He's been to non league at Wingate & Finchley a few times, but this was his first trip to the home of football!

He had no idea what was going on, but enjoyed running around causing havoc in the north lower (a sign of things to come?).

To top it off we manage to get a photo with Sir Chris, although he was being ushered off to do the tunnel jump at the time. For a second I thought he was going to swerve us, but he stayed and had multiple pics, before racing off. A true gentleman.

Watching Kim Grant brought back some very happy memories from Senegal Fields in the snow!
  • Options
    six-a-bag-of-nuts , That Hales picture is a classic. What you remember him looking like at his best. Yes it is Martin Robinson in the sandwich. We are just waiting to grab our ex groundsman to sign them before they will be available
  • Options

six-a-bag-of-nuts , That Hales picture is a classic. What you remember him looking like at his best. Yes it is Martin Robinson in the sandwich. We are just waiting to grab our ex groundsman to sign them before they will be available

You gonna get Maurice to sign em?

Good luck with that.
  • Options
    I was sat near half way line behind those in wheelchairs. Sir Chris walked past shook each of their hands and spoke to them all. Class.

Still couldn't hear the interviews tho!
  • Options

I was sat near half way line behind those in wheelchairs. Sir Chris walked past shook each of their hands and spoke to them all. Class.

As he did every game when he played for us and managed us.

Class gent.