Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Legend Game - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Was surprised to se Johnnie Jackson play for as long as he did. Was thinking he would probably get just a couple of minutes at the end.

Also, anyone know what happened to Paul Konchesky? Was listed to appear but didn't see him at all.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Was surprised to se Johnnie Jackson play for as long as he did. Was thinking he would probably get just a couple of minutes at the end.

Also, anyone know what happened to Paul Konchesky? Was listed to appear but didn't see him at all.

Billericay had an F.A cup game today
  • Options
    The only Charlton legend missing was Michael Gray!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

The only Charlton legend missing was Michael Gray!

Chris Powell fulfilled the left back rubbish at penalties role very well.
    There was more to SCP's penalty miss than a simple 'hoof over the bar'. The build up with Lisbie wanting it but the crowd screaming for 'Powell' created hype. When the final decision was made that SCP would actually take it, in true SCP showman style he blazed it over. Perfection.
  • Options
    Smashing occasion, great to see so many of my favourites from yesteryear playing. Good game too. Super Clive saying he hadn't kicked a ball for seven years brought a tear to many an eye I suspect.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Sadly I only made it at half time but great time had by the 4 of us including my 2 yr old who had her first Charlton experience and my 4 yr old who learnt two new songs - Big Fat Peter Garland and Stevie Gritt/Got no hair...

Big shout to Illic who went out of his way to sign my boys programme after the game and to Super Clive who we have a fab photo of holding my daughter whilst she picks her nose!

My fav Charlton moment for a number of years.

I even managed to get a great shot of Powells last ever goal at The Valley, from a penalty.... Well it is a nice shot of Powell kicking a conversion anyway!
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Ben Hayes on the Bench...?

Given his work with CARD & CAST I find that surprising but a worthy place just the same. ;)
    Edited
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Ben Hayes on the Bench...?

Given his work with CARD & CAST I find that surprising but a worthy place just the same.
    I don't think he's a member of CARD
  • Options
    An excellent day. I'd forgotten what a mountain Herman is, I saw him on Football Focus last year as he's coaching in Iceland.

Kevin Lisbie took it very seriously, but then he's barely retired if at all!
  • Options
    Did they not persuade Matty Svensson to come on for last 10 minutes to pick up a booking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked brilliant! Anyone got a pic from today of the legend that is Simon 'Webbo' Webster?
  • Options
    Brilliant afternoon. Lovely to be back at The Valley and a reminder of everything that is great about Charlton.

Kevin James played in the second half at The Valley (and scored), then went to Champion Hill and played the second half of Dulwich Hamlet's charity match against a Sierra Leone XI.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Wonderful day. Such a blast from the past. Huge credit to KP and all past players who turned up.

SuperClive apparently arrived just in time - after night shift and a delayed train - for the half time shootout. He then had to leave swiftly as he is on shift tomorrow morning at the Nissan factory. #footballers #changedtimes

Hard to think he played less than 100 games for us, seemed so many more.

Just heard that on Charltonlive, back to the car factory where he was before being a footballer, he was quite a big gambler I believe, would never have earned enough to retire I guess but still surprising to hear, in the premier he must have been on 5k a week surely?
    According to Mark Kinsella on a recent podcast interview, when we got to the premier league, he was on £700 or so per week initially.
    Can't see anyone else in the squad at the time being on that much more at the time.
  • Options
    Gutted that I missed this, but I already had a holiday booked. Watched the penalties on Periscope and can't help having a great big smile whilst looking at the photos here and the comments from everyone who did make it.

I hope it isn't a one-off...I know a lot of the lads travelled a great distance for this and they have work commitments, but I would love the chance to cheer them on again and visit The Valley with a smile on my face and my dads!

Congratulations to the organisers and everyone who made it to the game. You lucky sods!!!
  • Options
    Good to see a Dartford Golf Club tie in the first photo. Well done John.
  • Options
    An excellent afternoon yesterday watching the old boys back on the Valley pitch. Some still the same weight, a few a bit more weighty than they once were.

Well done to the trust. Shame the time of it was going to be off putting for a few few and the gate of 2,800 was sadly reflected in that.

• Options

cafctom said:

Billericay had an F.A cup game today
    And drew with Thamesmead Town