Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    32.58 today, was hard work in the mud think I'll take a week off next week, don't want to overdo it. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    We'll get there @AFKABartram mate!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    27:03 at Danson parkrun this morning. 47 seconds quicker than 2 weeks ago but looking forward to running without 30mph winds in my face! My aim is to get below 26 minutes.
  • Options
    I’m 2 1/2 mins outside my PB at the mo mate, just getting around is a struggle! 
    I'd love to be there. my last parkrun was 9 minutes over my pb
  • Options
    Dont know if any other Parkrun's are doing it this weekened but saw a post from the Great Lines Parkrun on Facebook the other day

Because this Saturday falls on a leap year (only happens once every 28-years), their route will be completed in reverse
  • Options
    Anyone else doing the Big Half this weekend?

For the last couple of years, there has been someone running it in a circa 1990s Charlton hat.
    Does anyone know he is? Or do you post on here..?
  • Options
    Doing the big mile with the kids. I have an '80's hat but it has sat in my loft for the last 10 years!
  • Options
    Doing The Little Half (Surrey Docks to Cutty Sark) with my girlfriend and her kids.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love to do it today but it’s pissing down again, it’s just no fun to cycle there, run(jog/walk) then cycle home even wetter and muddier, I’ll regret it later but I’ll just have a snooze and go to the gym a bit later on instead 😔
  • Options
    Must admit while it’s enjoyable in occasional bad weather and generates the diehard spirit, I’m hoping the Parkrun fairy turns up at 8.59 and the wind drops and rain stops. Not had a decent Saturday morning for ages now. 

Good luck everyone getting out this morning. 
  • Options
    I’m with you on that if the bad weather starts after the run has started but when it’s been going all night the only fun is guessing how many single trainers will be left abandoned in the more boggy sections....
    But I hope the fairy makes an appearance in SE9 for you
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Must admit while it’s enjoyable in occasional bad weather and generates the diehard spirit, I’m hoping the Parkrun fairy turns up at 8.59 and the wind drops and rain stops. Not had a decent Saturday morning for ages now. 

Good luck everyone getting out this morning. 
    I’m missing it more than I thought I would and my average resting heart rate has gone from 51 to 56 :-(
  • Options
    Went over to Highbury Fields and splashed around to finish in 35.04. Could have knocked a bit off that if I hadn’t been so lazy, but enjoyed it all the same despite the conditions. It’s a funny course - five and a bit laps and you’re pretty much on streets most of the way around. Worth doing if you fancy a total change of scene without going too far.
  • Options
    Seemed to have picked up a bit of a knee problem which I'm gutted about. Been really enjoying the running since I started again this year. Hopefully nothing more than a bit of tendonitis 
  • Options
    Did the Reigate Parkrun this morning, which was wet, windy and very muddy in places. It was the winter course, which I actually prefer but my time was just shy of 31 minutes so need to start getting out twice a week again. Have tailed off a bit since a week skiing and really noticing the drop in general fitness.
  • Options
    13.5 miles this morning exploring new very muddy footpaths and tracks. Some very steep parts, but enjoyed the downhill sections. 
  • Options
    I've bloody got away with it!!

Went for a stormer of a run on Tuesday |(8-miles) yet my feet felt all blistered at the end of it

Didnt run on Wednesday or Thursday for that matter as couple barely walk due to the pain (thought it was my socks / shoes)

Went to the Docs who said I've got something called Hand, Foot and Mouth (got blisters over all the mentioned areas), just got to let it go on its own yet can take paracetamol

Did that and felt good enough to do four miles yesterday so returning to my plan today / tomorrow of eight and seventeen miles

Really thought it was going to create a problem with my training as these next two weeks are when I peak with next Sunday being the Lydd 20!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved sloshing through the mud and puddles this morning, great fun. Both shoes were soaked through within one minute.

Joked going out it would be just my luck making the effort this morning and then forgetting my barcode. Checked twice it was in my coat pocket. Checked results after and turned out I’d taken my son’s one :-( 

199 of us in Avery Hill Park
  • Options
    140 down in Dartford today, sloshed myself around in 23.51.

I’m not exaggerating when I’m saying we had to run up a waterfall this week. Was pouring down the cross country part of the course.

Was glad of the showers and tea in the athletics club afterwards.
  • Options
    Post finish showers??? 

Puddle wash and a carrier bag on the car seat in gritty Eltham 
  • Options
    Post finish showers??? 

Golden knowing dartford.
  • Options
    Post finish showers??? 

Golden knowing dartford.
    And knowing me.
  • Options
    Anyone Big Half today? How did it go?
  • Options
    Saw that the Paris Half got cancelled today because of Coronavirus, work colleague of my wife was due to run

Unsurprisingly; London is keeping an eye on developments what with the big one in April
  • Options
    Well done @AllLeftFoot . The Run to the Beat ground work served you well :-)
  • Options
    Well done @AllLeftFoot . The Run to the Beat ground work served you well :-)
    Have done about six more halfs since, and the first thing I check now before signing up is whether they have any hills like that one in Woolwich!