Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Anyone Big Half today? How did it go?
    Did the Big Mile with the family.  Basically my 7 year old tore off from the start and I tried to keep up and failed! 

Chap on the microphone at one stage pointed out some parents were struggling to keep up with their kids and that I had gone a funny red shade!  

It was a shame they did not give a finish time because he was quite a bit sub 7 minutes with me 50 yards behind and wishing I had cruised along with my 4 year old instead.  😀
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Was in Berlin for the weekend, so did parkrun there. 119 people...at least half of them tourists...organised by an English guy so a dual language briefing..  Damp and cold and with a horrible hangover, but a lovely 2 laps of a park..mainly tarmac with occasional shingle... A b'stard steep short climb on the second lap where they throw in a little loop up a hill... Great fun as always and pleased I fought off the urge to stay in bed and got my arse down there..  Was happy with 26.10 given the circumstances and then had a great 5km stroll back to my hotel, taking in the neighbourhoods I'd have otherwise missed.. Back to Danson on Saturday....
  • Options
    Looking fwd to my parkrun debut at Danson in the morning.  Looks like it'll be a tad chilly but at least no rain.  I've been warned about a very muddy stretch through the woods.  
  • Options
    Looking fwd to my parkrun debut at Danson in the morning.  Looks like it'll be a tad chilly but at least no rain.  I've been warned about a very muddy stretch through the woods.  
    Have fun!! - Parkruns are a great imvention!!
  • Options
    Enjoy @Bermuda_red

Its the 10th anniversary of the Greenwich Parkrun tomorrow so I’ll be at Avery Hill Park for that. Perversely hoping it’s as wet and muddy as last week!
  • Options
    No rain?
    No wind?

cant remember the last Saturday morning like this!
  • Options
    Well done @WSS.

• Options
    Well done @WSS.

Cheers mate. Starting to see some regulars now that I can start pacing myself against a bit. Loving it, proper got the bug.
  • Options
    How did you get on today @Bermuda_Red?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great times @WSS and @Brighton Addick

I remember what a great feeling it is to see Pb flash up on the results.

I was a minute quicker than last week and really enjoyed my run today. Gone back to wearing earphones and listening to music definitely helps me. 
  • Options
    The tourist shout-out of Bermuda must have gone well if you told them?!

We had a Melbourne runner at Dartford today.
  • Options

Good thanks! Very muddy, but a lot of fun.  Was really taken with sense of community and organisation.  Parkrun is a great initiative.  My first UK run since I left BETHS 35 ago.  No idea of official time, but I stopped my watch at 21:55.  Reasonably happy given all the usual runner excuses!

Did you run?
    I did a training run today as Marathon training now

Got the Lydd 20 tomorrow
  • Options
    Wow, a few speedsters in this group!

Anything under 23 mins is awesome 
  • Options
    What a nice day for a run! Danson bit through the woods was a mud bath but the most enjoyable bit.

25:38 today which is 85 seconds better than my last run 2 weeks ago. My aim at that point was to eventually get under 26 mins so very pleased with today and feel I can go a fair bit quicker too.
  • Options
    369 at Avery Hill yesterday for Greenwich’s 10th anniversary. 499 at Danson as well, no sign of any public gathering staying away kicking in.

well done @Bermuda_red coming 18 in a field of 499 is very impressive
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Dont know if you heard  but Bermuda did get a mention in the danson announcements beforehand
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Good thanks! Very muddy, but a lot of fun.  Was really taken with sense of community and organisation.  Parkrun is a great initiative.  My first UK run since I left BETHS 35 ago.  No idea of official time, but I stopped my watch at 21:55.  Reasonably happy given all the usual runner excuses!

Did you run?
    I did a training run today as Marathon training now

Got the Lydd 20 tomorrow
    Good luck with the 26.2 and Lydd.  That's a whole different ball game.  That makes parkrun seem like a stroll in the.....park!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Good luck with Lydd today @ForeverAddickted, let us know how you get on.

I did 20 yesterday which took in a lap of Bromley parkrun at about mile 14 which was good to be in amongst lots of runners albeit for just  a mile.
  • Options
    73 muddy kids (and quite a few muddier parents) at the Eltham Junior Parkrun today. 
  • Options
    Somehow done

Got round in 2:40:30 which is 5mins quicker than what I wanted and 10mins quicker than what I anticipated

Cross winds coming back into Lydd killed me as they have been on my training runs, probably added another five mins on my time as kept cramping in my feet
    That is a damn good time. Especially on a windy day.
  • Options
    @AllHailTheHen I think you might have just overtaken me on the sprint finish, as I finished a couple of seconds after you...I was wearing the long sleeved, black, Contra top... I was aiming for sub 26 as I get back to fitness, so was pleased to do it yesterday.... Always great fun and loved the muddy wooded section...
  • Options
    Somehow done

Got round in 2:40:30 which is 5mins quicker than what I wanted and 10mins quicker than what I anticipated

Cross winds coming back into Lydd killed me as they have been on my training runs, probably added another five mins on my time as kept cramping in my feet
    Well done good pace 
  • Options
    @AllHailTheHen I think you might have just overtaken me on the sprint finish, as I finished a couple of seconds after you...I was wearing the long sleeved, black, Contra top... I was aiming for sub 26 as I get back to fitness, so was pleased to do it yesterday.... Always great fun and loved the muddy wooded section...
    Yep I remember seeing you as the writing was back to front so stuck in my mind! I had a black adidas top with yellow stripes. You'll probably beat me next time!
  • Options
    Dont know if you heard  but Bermuda did get a mention in the danson announcements beforehand
    I did! During the first time parkrunners brief they asked if there were any visitors/tourists.

So there were at least 4 Charlton Lifers running on Saturday at Danson - we should make CL running tops so we can identify each other!   
  • Options
    Has anyone ever done this...

https://www.clifftopchallenge.com/

I thought it looked fun, may do the 10 miles if I keep up the running and interested to know from someone who has been before if it is good and how flat it is?