Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Run five times a week myself (partly because of my Marathon pace)

Tuesday nights I try and mix it up between Hills / Fast Run / Fartlek

Wednesday | Thursday | Saturdays are a mixture of short runs and medium runs

Sunday is my long run

Will probably continue with that format after the Marathon is done (albeit with a two week rest minimum) just without the extra long run
  • Run five times a week myself (partly because of my Marathon pace)

Sunday is my long run

Will probably continue with that format after the Marathon is done (albeit with a two week rest minimum) just without the extra long run
     Be prepared for it to not continue. And know that that's okay! 
  • Lovely morning for a half marathon 😒
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Run five times a week myself (partly because of my Marathon pace)

Sunday is my long run

Be prepared for it to not continue. And know that that's okay! 
    Yeah fully expecting to be more hit and miss once my training is done - Would like to remain consistent though as know if I stop for too long I'll stop completely
  • Yeah keep doing 3ish runs per week and future step ups in training for events will feel less threatening.
  • Breezy one this morning, good luck everyone 
  • HELL ON EARTH !!!
  • Lols, I knocked out my 5k in the hotel gym this morning whilst you were still dreaming of a quiet& dry jog around the park....
    I still got a shit time though :(
  • I was a full minute slower than last week and really struggled for the last 3k.

Seems to be no indicators on whether I run well or struggle. Just need to do the first mile a fraction too fast and I’m screwed 
  • Fumbluff said:
    Lols, I knocked out my 5k in the hotel gym this morning whilst you were still dreaming of a quiet& dry jog around the park....
    I still got a shit time though :(
    Be careful, heard you can get banned from the gym for doing that sort of thing ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• First couple of days without knee pain, but when I asked the doctor if I should give it a go, she advised against :-(

• Mojo lost due to illness, injury and laziness. 

• 30 seconds quicker than last week at 33.26, didn't need to walk this week and the knee feels good, 7 more till I reach 50 runs so given myself the target of getting back below 30 minutes on or before it.
  • You’ll do that no problem @Chef_addick

good luck mate 
  • I'm doing the Tunbridge Wells half marathon tomorrow, good race but not looking forward to it in these conditions
  • Numbers said:
    I'm doing the Tunbridge Wells half marathon tomorrow, good race but not looking forward to it in these conditions
    Best of luck tomorrow Numbers

I'm doing 15-miles training tomorrow and bloody dreading it
  • You’ll do that no problem @Chef_addick

good luck mate 

Cheers boss, I'd like to think I'll do it but fully expecting to be a minute slower next week for no apparent reason!!!

Just happy to be pain free for the first time in over a year and out there again even though at 4k this morning I wished I was anywhere else but a cold muddy park!!
  • Numbers said:
    I'm doing the Tunbridge Wells half marathon tomorrow, good race but not looking forward to it in these conditions
    I did that in my marathon training. Some challenging climbs in it. Best of luck.

Got round Dartford Park today in 22.54, pretty pleased with that. 
  • Thanks FA and WSS, I've done it before and really enjoyed it, but I was a fair bit quicker then. I won't be racing but want to do it at about 30 seconds faster than my target marathon pace, whether I can achieve that in the conditions I'm not sure. I plan to take it easyish for the first 8 miles, then, once the long hill is out of the way. speed up for the last 5.
  • Enjoyed it today, rain wasn't too bad and the wind had died down. I achieved the pace I wanted to do but although I did speed up for the last 5 it wasn't by much. Pleased enough, and it was good to only do 13 after the last few weeks of long runs. Oh well 19 or 20 next weekend.
    How was your run @ForeverAddickted ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Numbers said:
    Enjoyed it today, rain wasn't too bad and the wind had died down. I achieved the pace I wanted to do but although I did speed up for the last 5 it wasn't by much. Pleased enough, and it was good to only do 13 after the last few weeks of long runs. Oh well 19 or 20 next weekend.
    I partly whimped out and stayed home in the end

My Son has a rash though so had to go to Medway Maritime to get it checked out, this morning so despite being nothing more than eczema I'm glad I didnt go as would have been playing on my mind

Only frustration is this week has been a proper let down for my Marathon training (only done 11-miles when I should have done 37-miles)
  • Numbers said:
    Enjoyed it today, rain wasn't too bad and the wind had died down. I achieved the pace I wanted to do but although I did speed up for the last 5 it wasn't by much. Pleased enough, and it was good to only do 13 after the last few weeks of long runs. Oh well 19 or 20 next weekend.

My Son has a rash though so had to go to Medway Maritime to get it checked out, this morning so despite being nothing more than eczema I'm glad I didnt go as would have been playing on my mind

Only frustration is this week has been a proper let down for my Marathon training (only done 11-miles when I should have done 37-miles)
    Are you doing London? Plenty of time yet, just need to get back to it. I've not done quite as much as I'd planned to, but I think it's not a bad thing as you can do too much and peak early
  • Numbers said:
    Numbers said:

Are you doing London? Plenty of time yet, just need to get back to it. I've not done quite as much as I'd planned to, but I think it's not a bad thing as you can do too much and peak early
    Yeah doing London this year - Got a bit of an easy week coming up before my mileage hits 46-miles in three weeks time so probably not a bad time for the drop to come

Didnt help that I got battered doing 14-miles in Storm Ciara last week, left me with a bit of a negative mindset ahead of today what with the latest storm
  • Anyone remember doing a Parkrun when it wasn’t blowing a gale? :-(
  • Anyone remember doing a Parkrun when it wasn’t blowing a gale? :-(
    Yeah this wind and rain (due tomorrow) really wants to piss off now!!
  • 27.52 for me which in those conditions I am very pleased with, boggy, windy and I have a cold!
  • Went to Cyclopark by the A2 at Gravesend - a slow old 38.48, but wasn't really going for it and spent most of it having a chinwag.

Not the prettiest of courses and was congested at the start but a really nice crowd of volunteers - will go back some day.

Anyone remember doing a Parkrun when it wasn’t blowing a gale? :-(
    Didn't do Parkrun last week as was in Barcelona - did 5k by the sea there last Saturday and somehow the conditions were a little more pleasant...
  • Bedgebury in these conditions is quite gruelling but enjoyable.  Am 2 minutes over my pb but hoping will get closer to it when it gets warmer and drier.
  • I’m 2 1/2 mins outside my PB at the mo mate, just getting around is a struggle!