Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    RedPanda said:
    Hex said:
    Well the run of saying ‘beautiful morning’ comes to an end…
    Looking at the radar we may be lucky at Shorne while SE London has some heavy stuff lined up.  There's a nice breeze as well !
    It was probably you who I said 'nice hat' to when barcode scanning 🙂 I had one of my highest ever finishes then went over to do that. 

That's 50 individual PR locations in a row for me, will get to 54 then stay more local. Farfalle (Padova) and Bushy are my next two. 
    I keep meaning to venture to Bushy, that’s another 1,000+ one some weeks isn’t it?
    Yes today was a less busy day...

From the '5k' app, if anyone's interested 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Hex said:
    Looking at the radar we may be lucky at Shorne while SE London has some heavy stuff lined up.  There's a nice breeze as well !
    It was probably you who I said 'nice hat' to when barcode scanning 🙂 I had one of my highest ever finishes then went over to do that. 

That's 50 individual PR locations in a row for me, will get to 54 then stay more local. Farfalle (Padova) and Bushy are my next two. 
    It’s amazing how everyone’s approach differs. I’ve done 77 and 76 of those were at Avery Hill (the other was a NYD double up).

I keep meaning to venture elsewhere, but I generally don’t do change!
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Hex said:
    Huge anti climax for me. Was looking forward to running my 200th at M. H'bro where I ran my first, only to find half the course underwater 😟 Didn't check FB last night Doh! Could have got to Corby for 9.15, but it's a largely cross country course, not tempting to set an official guaranteed all time PW and I wanted my car park refund at S'burys, so went shopping and did a PR equivalent in desperation back home in Desborough instead.

Lesson learned. Check FB first. There's always next week, weather permitting 😉

Edit. For anyone interested, the Market Harborough course is by the river Welland, the level of which was rather high, making the route a no go today.
    Long way to drive from Belvedere  ;)
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Hex said:

It’s amazing how everyone’s approach differs. I’ve done 77 and 76 of those were at Avery Hill (the other was a NYD double up).

I keep meaning to venture elsewhere, but I generally don’t do change!
    Same, all of mine at the same place. Tbf, it's a 5-10 mins jog there and back, and I've got loads family shit to deal with in the morning. There aren't too many near me, guess 3 or 4 but driving to a park run sounds weird. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Hex said:

Sorry, I didn't hear you otherwise I would have said something.

It was a slower run for me today and I was lapped by more runners than usual which was surprising given how quick the start was.
  • Options
    Away for a conference, so a chunky 37.16 for me at Eastville parkrun in Bristol. Was cold and drizzly at first but nowhere near as wet as it was in London. It was a busy one - 649 people - and some slightly wonky pathways so never really got going until the end. Enjoyed it, though. 

Obviously the weather in Bristol is stunning today and it'd be a perfect day for a parkrun!
  • Options
    Such a great atmosphere! 
  • Options
    Peckham Rye for me this morning - officially 33:24, although I think there's been a cock-up as I timed myself at about 34 minutes. Still, I'll take it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    500th at Chelmsford, apparently over 1000 there. Glad I missed it tbh, but will have to make up with a run tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Second parkrun of the year, at Dorchester Great Field. Managed to dip below 30 mins for the first time in ages, which is just as well as will be running (and walking) the five boroughs of New York in the New York Marathon next Sunday.
  • Options
    I could tell you a tale about my soggy 1st run at Storeys Field today (NW of Cambridge), but that's all I have to say about that!

I did shout "Fuck Off" .... at my satnav on my way back for drowning out an old Bob Seger classic I was listening to (the Kenny Rogers with Sheena Easton duet version I think)

Oh well, who needs tonight, we've got tomorrow and the lure of Cray Valley PM to look forward to 😉
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    A very soggy and windswept Mote Park for my 5th outing! The Maidstone run was cancelled so the die hards of both routes ran. Reduced my time to 41.36 from 44.01 last week so was very pleased!

Having run in that weather I feel like a proper Park Runner!
    Well done. That's an impressive improvement. 👍
  • Options
    A little slower for me at Mote Park but really enjoyed it and am loads less exhausted. Was a fabulous day for a run with the mist hovering over the lake.
  • Options
    Slow for me today too. No excuses, it was a glorious day, I just couldn’t keep it up (ahem).
    Onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Bagged my first PR "Hill" today. Beacon Hill (Loughborough). I'll pass on jokes about meeting up with old flames, my fire certainly wasn't re-lit half way up the damn thing with any chance of a good time snuffed out.

Lovely wooded trail with excellent views from the top though, and a very fast last mile downhill. I suppose the clue was in the name 🤔
  • Options
    Good run at Chelmsford. Was wearing the "protest top" (it's good for running in) and met another addict, always nice for a chat 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed last week, 36:36 at Hilly Fields today. Lovely day for it, caught up with a few faces and did their winter course for the first time in ages, so not bothered about the slow-ish time. 
  • Options
    Still a minute and a half outside my best today at Shorne but I have improved on each of my last 4 runs so maybe my longer training runs are starting to pay off. 
  • Options
    Not done a parking for a bit but got a cross country race tomorrow for my club. Looking forward to it. Did a couple of races last year and really enjoyed them. Have even invested in some running spikes for this season. 
  • Options
    kigelia said:
    Not done a parking for a bit but got a cross country race tomorrow for my club. Looking forward to it. Did a couple of races last year and really enjoyed them. Have even invested in some running spikes for this season. 
    Is that Kent Fitness League at Swanley? My running club do the East Sussex Cross Country instead of that. There's also a 5 miler in Abbey Wood I have my eye on on 3rd December - looks well over 800ft climbing.

I went to Clapham Common PR today before getting the train to Portsmouth. Very young and fast crowd. I scraped top 100, a friend finished in 23-something and was 199th!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    kigelia said:
    Is that Kent Fitness League at Swanley? My running club do the East Sussex Cross Country instead of that. There's also a 5 miler in Abbey Wood I have my eye on on 3rd December - looks well over 800ft climbing.

I went to Clapham Common PR today before getting the train to Portsmouth. Very young and fast crowd. I scraped top 100, a friend finished in 23-something and was 199th!
    That’s the one. Friendly and well organised from what I saw last year. 
  • Options
    kigelia said:
    RedPanda said:
    kigelia said:

Mrs Hex is a marshall tomorrow.  Not sure about the state of the course but the parkrun last week was cancelled. 
  • Options
    Hex said:
    kigelia said:
    RedPanda said:
    kigelia said:

Mrs Hex is a marshall tomorrow.  Not sure about the state of the course but the parkrun last week was cancelled. 
    Well pass on a thanks from me. Without the Marshalls nothing would happen so I am grateful.
  • Options
    Feel like I’ve done a 5k the amount of trains I’ve run after today
  • Options
    617 finishers today at Swanley, the first KFL event to have more then 600.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    617 finishers today at Swanley, the first KFL event to have more then 600.
    Used to love the KFL races.  The Plumstead Runners hosted race at Oxleas Wood is legendary.  You climb Shooters Hill 4 times in just over 5 miles.  Not for the feint hearted!