Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Hex said:
    617 finishers today at Swanley, the first KFL event to have more then 600.
    Used to love the KFL races.  The Plumstead Runners hosted race at Oxleas Wood is legendary.  You climb Shooters Hill 4 times in just over 5 miles.  Not for the feint hearted!
    Next Sunday, if the non faint hearted are interested !
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Hex said:
    617 finishers today at Swanley, the first KFL event to have more then 600.
    Used to love the KFL races.  The Plumstead Runners hosted race at Oxleas Wood is legendary.  You climb Shooters Hill 4 times in just over 5 miles.  Not for the feint hearted!
    I am looking forward to it next week.
  • Options
    I am so jealous of all those still out running. Nearly 2.5years since I was able to run pain free. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Watermeadows Country Park today. A routinely 4 lap course which made for a different psychological challenge for me as I prefer one lappers. The last lap came as a relief. Happy enough with 25.58 on the flat, (well it was near Towcester 😉) Don't think I'll be back. Box ticked.
  • Options
    I slogged round the oxleas woods cross country today. A tough course (although by all accounts easier than it was previously). 

Based on last weeks performance I improved, beat a few people that were in from of me last week. Enjoyed it.

was also nice to use running spikes for the first time in 28 years.
  • Options
    Old Deer Park this morning for, I think, my slowest ever, don’t know what’s up with me at the moment…
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    38.55 - fastest official time yet and around 5 mins faster than seven weeks ago. Having slogged around Mote Park for five weeks I opted for the flat and fast Sittingbourne route and really noticed a difference. 

Also noticed I’m recovering far more quickly 

Back to Mote next week!
    Top running! Well done 👍

As you're getting into it, I don't know if you're aware of the 5k Parkrun app. It's free. Just search for it under that title (It's a purple square with a white stick man running in it) Download that to open up a whole lot of PR fun. To upload your personal info, you'll need to key in your barcode no. (You'll also need phone location on to get info about nearest runs to you not yet done etc.)

There's  a ton of relevant info on it charting your progress and the challenges section is good fun too. I'm working my way through some at present.

Can't seem to attach a link, but it works well for me and seems safe.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    IAgree said:
    38.55 - fastest official time yet and around 5 mins faster than seven weeks ago. Having slogged around Mote Park for five weeks I opted for the flat and fast Sittingbourne route and really noticed a difference. 

Back to Mote next week!
    Top running! Well done 👍

As you're getting into it, I don't know if you're aware of the 5k Parkrun app. It's free. Just search for it under that title (It's a purple square with a white stick man running in it) Download that to open up a whole lot of PR fun. To upload your personal info, you'll need to key in your barcode no. (You'll also need phone location on to get info about nearest runs to you not yet done etc.)

There's  a ton of relevant info on it charting your progress and the challenges section is good fun too. I'm working my way through some at present.

Great shout, never seen that before, all sorts of useless/nonsense challenges that are just the thing to keep my interest up 👍🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never knew there was a Parkrun app, will download 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    IAgree said:

Back to Mote next week!
    Top running! Well done 👍

Thanks - Really enjoying it and I’ve a got a load of questions re where to take it from here. The app sounds perfect!

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Fumbluff said:
    swordfish said:
    IAgree said:

Back to Mote next week!
    Top running! Well done 👍

Great shout, never seen that before, all sorts of useless/nonsense challenges that are just the thing to keep my interest up 👍🏻
    I need one more 'G' to complete the  Bee Gee's staying alive challenge. I'm thinking 'Gunpowder' has my name on it. It's a way for me to drive for a half hour run, but maybe worth it get the name on my 50 tourist shirt.

Got an 'S' for Snakes today (Salcey Forest  - Northampton), but 10 S's is a tough one for me living where I do, so I've invented my own, the 'S Club 7' challenge instead, That's 7 'S's and 2 'U's (Bring it on back....2U 😉)

Don't worry, I won't be giving up the day job, not that I have one 🤣
  • Options
    https://petra-desert-marathon.com/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0_mrxfXeggMVGsjtCh0QEQeUEAAYASAAEgJI0PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My parkrunning mate has suggested the half marathon option for this as a target for September 2025 ! Looks amazing and the location is definitely key to the park runs. Personally I’d like to lose more weight and get sub 35 mins so baby steps, however are there any websites with runs in special locations in the UK?

• Options
    Heading to do the Maverick Trail Race next weekend in Oxfordshire.

First time in a trail race, the 550m of elevation is a bit daunting so just want to get round comfortably.
  • Options
    Third cross country in three weeks. Ground in knole park was like concrete. However 4 minutes faster than I did the same course last year which a decent bit of progress.
  • Options
    Slow old 35:33 at Charlton - was full of cold so just pleased to get round.

Orignal plan was to go up to Carlisle and do the parkrun there, where it would have been even colder… 
  • Options
    Is voltarol use doping?
  • Options
    kigelia said:
    Third cross country in three weeks. Ground in knole park was like concrete. However 4 minutes faster than I did the same course last year which a decent bit of progress.
    What club are you running for?  My pal Robin has been putting some videos together of the KFL interviewing people before and after.  He needs some practice with his filming, especially with his drone :)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    kigelia said:
    What club are you running for?  My pal Robin has been putting some videos together of the KFL interviewing people before and after.  He needs some practice with his filming, especially with his drone :)
    I run for Istead and Ifield. Robin is quite a character, and seems a thoroughly happy soul. I enjoy rattling through the videos to watch myself ambling past in the middle of the pack. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Inspired by all the positive vibes on the post match thread after last night's win, I completed my longest run of the year so far this morning at 7.25 miles and entered my first event in ages, the Chester 10k, booked  for March, with a cheeky tourist Parkrun planned there for the day before 😉
  • Options
    Did Wormwood Scrubs this morning. 
    Super cold and hard and boggy but on the bright side I didn’t get murdered so result 👍🏻
  • Options
    Some long overdue vowel movement today. Added a 'U' for the University of Northampton PR to complete all eleven in my home county 🙂 under 26 mins and freezing  brrrrr! 🥶
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2023
    -3 at the Oxfordshire Maverick Trail Race this morning. My hair literally froze.

Happy with the 1.55 over the 22km though - some absolute killer hills on the route.
  • Options
    After 5k on Saturday , Monday & Wednesday I wimped out 

Still trying to balance midweek exercise with Saturday parkruning 

Next week at Mote again 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    -3 at the Oxfordshire Maverick Trail Race this morning. My hair literally froze.

Happy with the 1.55 over the 22km though - some absolute killer hills on the route.
    That is an impressive time for a half-marathon in those conditions and over that terrain. Well done. 
  • Options
    The only time I got wetter than when running this morning was when I competed in a triathlon! No fancy running shoes would have beaten having webbed feet! 27.20 running with shoes full of water 😉
  • Options
    Whimped out but will do 5k at Mote tomorrow 

Looked awful!
  • Options

Tough conditions today

Respect for running today!