Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    IAgree said:
    Whimped out but will do 5k at Mote tomorrow 

Looked awful!
    The course I squelched through today might have been better described as a moat.
  • Options
    250th Parkrun today, and one of my slowest, the only way is up I guess 🤞
    Well done for reaching 250 👏 251 tomorrow?

Anyone else doing PR tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Yes, somewhere north of the river as traffic will be good. Maybe Basildon. We went to Bethlem Hospital yesterday and that was surprisingly nice - really unique setting alongside a psychiatric hospital.

Saturday I'm volunteering as I'll run this at 12:00 instead, if anyone fancies a local trail race - only £5 (7.5 miles)
    https://www.cambridgeharriers.org/cross-country-jw-info
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Yes, somewhere north of the river as traffic will be good. Maybe Basildon. We went to Bethlem Hospital yesterday and that was surprisingly nice - really unique setting alongside a psychiatric hospital.

Saturday I'm volunteering as I'll run this at 12:00 instead, if anyone fancies a local trail race - only £5 (7.5 miles)
    https://www.cambridgeharriers.org/cross-country-jw-info
    I'm actually south of the river next Saturday too, a very rare occurrence for me. I'm eyeing up Squerreys Winery PR that day as its closest to where I'm staying. Don't think it's in the LonDone series as it might be just outside the M25, so I'll still have only one of those ticked off (Orpington). Failing that, Hoblingwell is my second choice, which would be of course. Market Harborough (local) tomorrow though.

Enjoy it whichever one you chose!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Thank you. Take your trail shoes to whichever you choose. 

Squerryes is nicer & more unique though will be more muddy. Hoblingwell has some boring parts but a better cafe and food after. Also a very quirky and friendly character there who does everything shoeless  :o
  • Options
    34:29 at Charlton yesterday, volunteered at Hilly Fields juniors today, back up to Charlton tomorrow. And then a rest. 
  • Options
    Hoping to be over my cold to join a club trail run on Boxing Day. Did 11 hilly trail miles last week which was hilly as. Hell but enjoyable but paid for it by being ill all week. 
  • Options
    I’ve missed the last 3 with a back twinge, it’s not quite gone but I’m determined to do a Xmas day one even if I have to crawl around it…
  • Options
    kigelia said:
    Hoping to be over my cold to join a club trail run on Boxing Day. Did 11 hilly trail miles last week which was hilly as. Hell but enjoyable but paid for it by being ill all week. 
    If that is at Camer Park then Mrs Hex will be running (near the back !) in her CAFC hat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back at Shorne yesterday after 10 days off with a chest infection.  Took it easy !  I was surprised how dry the course was, especially the out and back section.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    kigelia said:
    If that is at Camer Park then Mrs Hex will be running (near the back !) in her CAFC hat.
    That’s the one. Will see how I feel and work out the timings before committing. 
  • Options
    Got a slowest time at Richmond but at least I’ve done a Xmas one hohoho….
    Bushey pencilled in for Saturday…
  • Options
    Around 2400 at Bushy today a new record!!!
  • Options
    Ridiculous numbers at Harborough today for a tight course, runners I mean (486),  but I emerged from the scrum to post my fastest time this year, better than my average too which has been sliding backwards for sometime (it's an age thing)

Merry Christmas fellow runners 🎄
  • Options
    Well done to those who ran today. My family all have COVID so will be sitting it out!
  • Options
    This is nuts isn’t it, I think they’re normally about 1200 although 1600 last Saturday….
  • Options
    It was 2,447 in the end - 98 below the record set on Christmas Day 2019. Loads of really big attendances around the country - Bromley had 927, not far off its record.

There were massive crowds just before the pandemic and a lot of parkruns have struggled to bring them back so it's a really good sign.

Parkrun's founder was at Bushy - this is what 2,447 runners looks like: https://twitter.com/psh_a1674/status/1739250474514047407

I was among the 112 at Charlton - hey, a top-100 finish!

• Options
    Can’t believe the amount of people allowed out their house on Xmas morning. Would love to Parkrun but reckon I’d be eating my dinner there if I told the wife I was off out for an hour! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My first tough mudder event today. Not supposed to be, but Squerreys Winery PR was hard going underfoot. From my best time of the year on Christmas day, to my second worst ever 5 days later, but I was well pleased as I managed to stay upright and get round in under 30 mins.  Cheers 🥂
  • Options
    Only 1300-odd at Bushy today, so my appearance made the attendance drop about 50% from Christmas Day. 
    Running scared they were……
  • Options
    You started doing Parkrun @Elthamaddick ?
  • Options
    My 54th and final parkrun of the year - 35:34 at Thames Path in Woolwich. On a grotty morning, I'll take that. 
    Nice work. I managed 28 which I thought was great until I saw you could get an achievement in the app for doing 30 ffs….
  • Options
    You started doing Parkrun @Elthamaddick ?
    After a solid 7 days of drinking, and with 100 days till the London Landmarks half marathon…training began today with a slow 33.34.

the boy normally trains Saturday mornings, but hopefully gonna be able to do every other week. Need 3 runs a week really 
  • Options
    You finished a couple of places in front of @fog horn

well done lads, great effort 
  • Options
    Ah right, there was a fella near me in a hat and a black CAFC training top, must be him - did recognise him from the Valley 
  • Options
    Happy new year to all you runners

Managed to drag myself out after a late night and sore throat. 170 of us round a muddy and windy Avery Hill park.

Managed just 65 runs (12 Parkruns) in 2023 and determined to do better with that this year.

Who was where this morning?
  • Options
    2023 was by far my worst year for running. Combination of illness, injury and lost motivation. As a result I'm about 10kg over where I want to be, and previously been for decades.

Treating today as a reset and as soon as all the Christmas chocolates, the cheese and biscuits and the mince pies are gone I'm knuckling down to it. I've never been particularly overweight and I hate it.