Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    First proper park run this year (did the Mote Park route on my own two hours late a couple of weeks back - long story!) and got 39.08 at Milton Creek - pre Christmas was 38:55.

Have really struggled to keep my gym routine in synch with the Parkrun but have swapped 5km runs midweek for HIT and weights and weight is heading south as well as waistline! 

Would be delighted if I could get sub 35 mins by summer!

Day 20 of dry January as well

Just need one of those games where we score more than the other team (I think it’s called “a win”) and it will be the perfect Saturday!
  • Options
    A delightful Mote Park - Less delightful was my time! A route that adds 4 mins to my run. But I enjoy it nonetheless! 

Just need a win!
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    A delightful Mote Park - Less delightful was my time! A route that adds 4 mins to my run. But I enjoy it nonetheless! 

Just need a win!
    The game - not the parkrun….
  • Options
    Rutland Water Reservoir slog today. Really pleasant and not windy across the damm section (usually is when dead calm elsewhere) 26.14 not bad and fastest ytd, but my PB's of yesteryear are but distant memories now. 😟

• Options
    Cold and icy in Bushy Park this morning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went up to Hampstead Heath which had pretty much everything - mud, ice, hills and dog walkers. Never really got going but it was fun, would like to do it again when the conditions are better. 
    Hampstead is one of my favourites. Massive area for exploring afterwards too. 

We went to Reigate, has some hills, woods, flat parts and a pond so a nice mixture. Also some of the best parkrun toilets you'll find. 
  • Options
    Ran 8k on Thursday, and got a better than usual time today (28.45). Did alright as didn't get home until midnight and then got woken up by my cat headbanging the bedroom door at 8.40... not ideal preparation. Hopefully on the up!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Ran 8k on Thursday, and got a better than usual time today (28.45). Did alright as didn't get home until midnight and then got woken up by my cat headbanging the bedroom door at 8.40... not ideal preparation. Hopefully on the up!
    You made a 9am start waking up at 8.40???

Are you a park keeper?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    You made a 9am start waking up at 8.40???

Are you a park keeper?

Lolive at the top of a hill, park at the bottom of it. I get dressed fireman style then can career wildly down the hill as a warm up. Much prefer getting up a bit earlier TBF as then there's less chance of crapping myself halfway round
  • Options
    Bit chilly at Leybourne Saturday, well worth by the end, it does get me out of bird early!!
  • Options
    Bit chilly at Leybourne Saturday, well worth by the end, it does get me out of bird early!!
    Oh dear !   What were you in for ?
  • Options
    Northampton (old race course) today. An identical time to last week's elsewhere, although I eased off the pace a bit in the last furlong to avoid pulling a fetlock as I'm doing a 10k road race from East Carlton Country Park in Leicestershire tomorrow and it's steeply uphill in the last mile. Don't like hills, especially that one 😟
  • Options
    Didn't wake up in time (which means 8.55) and you can blame the end of dry Jan for that :) did a 10k on Thursday, first for a long time so will maybe do another tomorrow to make up for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 4
    Had a virus midweek so gave Mote Park a miss, which is a shame as Kelly Holmes ran it (Shorne Woods last week). My running mate is pleased because he was only 2 mins slower than an Olympic champion!
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Had a virus midweek so gave Mote Park a miss, which is a shame as Kelly Holmes ran it (Shorne Woods last week). My running mate is pleased because he was only 2 mins slower than an Olympic champion!
    Since upping my gym sessions and taking up park running I have had the least viruses for a long time - I haven’t had one since mid spring 23. I think this is connected 
  • Options
    edited February 4
    Today's 10k run elevation chart. Did well to finish in under an hour and didn't walk up the hill near the end for a change (Don't tell anyone but I took the bus😉)

• Options
    swordfish said:
    Today's 10k run elevation chart. Did well to finish in under an hour and didn't walk up the hill near the end for a change (Don't tell anyone but I took the bus😉)

So a nice flat course then! 
  • Options
    13k yesterday. Not sure whether to keep cranking up the distance or to try and add speed. Appreciate that doing the whole run fast then slow (and there's a hill near me to up the difficulty) is the best for building speed, but I really hate dong it! Maybe I'll get better at it if I keep trying.
  • Options
    25km on Saturday. Enjoyed the first flat 7km and the final flat 5km - everything in between was very unpleasant (hills).
  • Options
    Did a 5 mile cross country yesterday very tough course. Now having a week off of running as I have found scheduling run free weeks keeps me fitter. 
  • Options
    I think I may have the ratio wrong on my run-free-weeks then 😉