Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    See Lundstrom scored Sheffield Utds goal, wasn’t he meant to be joining us on loan?
    Nah people were throwing potential player names about when Cawley said we were signing a “John” on loan. Turned out to be Leko...

Don’t think Wilder even intended on sending Lundstram out on loan.
  • Options
    The Palace recruitment this summer was rubbish, sell a player for £50m then spend virtually nothing and not resolve the serious issues up front

Shame
  • Options
    Regarding Chris wilders comments after the game about the oldest club in the world - that’s simply not true or even close to being true 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Regarding Chris wilders comments after the game about the oldest club in the world - that’s simply not true or even close to being true.

the commentator on motd2 has to go so over the top - there will be a heck of a night out in Sheffield tonight - beating palace is nothing special 
  • Options
    Regarding Chris wilders comments after the game about the oldest club in the world - that’s simply not true or even close to being true 
    The oldest club in the world is Sheffield FC. I think they (or another non-league outfit in Sheffield) play in the oldest ground. He was making a point about Sheffield being a big football city and it being a big night for United fans as it was their first home game back in the Prem after a long absence. Diplomatic of him not to mention West ham. 

And thoroughly decent of Palace to not turn up and make the Blades first home game in the Prem so special. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    The natives are getting restless.

The £130k a week for Benteke who is averaging one goal in every twelve games since the 16/17 season, seems to be particularly annoying them.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/22/crystal-palace-christian-benteke-football

Palace apparently in talks with Benteke over a new contract.

Go on do it. He's worth another 5 years at least!
    If they get relegated there's no way they'd be able to pay him £130k+ a week? And averaging a goal every twelve games nobody would even be stupid enough to pay a fee for him either?

Genuinely surprised the nigels aren't being a bit more cautious with this. Comes off as a bit of a panic move due to there lack of strikers. He's not even earnt his current contract let alone an extension.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't think they will get relegated, my cousin who is Palars said before the season its worrying, however I think they will have enough to not be in the bottom 3. Please let me be wrong, keeping Zaha for even half the season will probably save them :(

More than 3 worst sides on paper imo, but doesn't mean its formality. Keep Benteke up front for starters he wont ever get to double figures

• Options
    Addickted said:
    The natives are getting restless.

The £130k a week for Benteke who is averaging one goal in every twelve games since the 16/17 season, seems to be particularly annoying them.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/22/crystal-palace-christian-benteke-football

Palace apparently in talks with Benteke over a new contract.

Go on do it. He's worth another 5 years at least!
    And averaging a goal every twelve games 
    I’m not joking when I say that average surprised me. I thought it was closer to a goal every 20 games. 
  • Options

I don't think they will get relegated, my cousin who is Palars said before the season its worrying, however I think they will have enough to not be in the bottom 3. Please let me be wrong, keeping Zaha for even half the season will probably save them :(

More than 3 worst sides on paper imo, but doesn't mean its formality. Keep Benteke up front for starters he wont ever get to double figures

I disagree, at the moment I see only Newcastle as a worse team at the moment with all three promoted teams possibly staying up this year. Villa have quality, Norwich have Pukki scoring goals and Sheff Utd might have enough fight.

Means we might get three overdue relegations from the usual teams hanging around the relegation zone each year and you can include Palace amongst them IMO.
  • Options
    Just to give some facts amongst the hatred of the Surrey twunts 
    since promotion to the Prem they’ve finished 
    11th with 45pts 
    10th with 48pts
    15th with 42pts
    14th with 41pts
    11th with 44pts
    12th with 49pts 

So been comfortable even with the wankiest of starts , was that last season .... 

i do believe they'll survive this year but I think they’ll be a lot closer to the shit than previous seasons 
  • Options
    11th with 45pts 
    10th with 48pts
    15th with 42pts
    14th with 41pts
    11th with 44pts
    12th with 49pts 

So been comfortable even with the wankiest of starts , was that last season .... 

i do believe they'll survive this year but I think they’ll be a lot closer to the shit than previous seasons 
    Trust you to bring some numerical logic to a thread that relies solely on the MAYBE, WHAT IF and HOPE THAT JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL...
  • Options
    Just to give some facts amongst the hatred of the Surrey twunts ....

Percentages, OohAaaargh ......... we need percentages! :smile:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    6 seasons and never made 50 points.  Its a shit PL record but they cling on in there and it is painful.  I so want them to be relegated but having finished 12th last season they have not had the worst transfer window, selling a young full back for daft money and bringing in the Spanish lad on loan they are no worse than last season and with Newcastle, Southampton, Sheff Utd and Norwich there is enough dross (by PL standards) there that will sadly finish below them.
  • Options
    6 seasons and never made 50 points.  Its a shit PL record but they cling on in there and it is painful.  I so want them to be relegated but having finished 12th last season they have not had the worst transfer window, selling a young full back for daft money and bringing in the Spanish lad on loan they are no worse than last season and with Newcastle, Southampton, Sheff Utd and Norwich there is enough dross (by PL standards) there that will sadly finish below them.
    Last season they brought in Batshuayi on loan in January and his goals were crucial. He's gone back to Chelsea and not been replaced, I think they'll struggle to score goals in open play
  • Options
    Last season they brought in Batshuayi on loan in January and his goals were crucial. He's gone back to Chelsea and not been replaced, I think they'll struggle to score goals in open play
    Damn you for making such a very good point and increasing my hope of their relegation.  😀.  Had forgotten about him.
  • Options
    11th with 45pts 
    10th with 48pts
    15th with 42pts
    14th with 41pts
    11th with 44pts
    12th with 49pts 

That is incredibly consistent, especially considering they've had a few different managers in that time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopoe they dont just get relegated then but also panic and sign some shite striker for £40m on a three year deal come January!!

Also going to be great watching them try and get £80m for Zaha in the Championship, provided he dont leave by next week
  • Options
    This is their year.

Mark my words.
  • Options
    They are going down this year... lose Zaha in Jan and it's definitely good night, even if not they are looking in trouble... 

It's brilliant to watch :)
  • Options
    Somehow they always manage to pull off an unexpected win at a big club.
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted!
  • Options
    He's got a Puskas nomination, presumably he feels he can say what he wants! Nice of him to back up a former England teammate I guess
  • Options
    Who is the 34 yr old winger? All I saw there was bird poo chomping Ashley Young looking daft again and he is more of a mascot than a football player, certainly not a winger. 
  • Options
    I mean was that really the first injury time winner for the away team at Old Trafford since the Premier League began ffs 

• Options
    Somehow they always manage to pull off an unexpected win at a big club.

This is the main reason I think they wont go down, always seem to pull out a win out of nowhere ala City last year, Man U the weekend. Always the potential for an upset. I think they will be more than safe, Norwich are a lot better than I expected, Sheffield United proving difficult to beat but I think they will go down. Villa I am not sure about yet, Newcastle if they can score goals they might be ok.

In summary, although I said there are 3 worst teams, I think it will be free for all and very hard to call. There is a chance they go down but hopefully they don't pick up any more results against the so called big 6. If Zaha went i think there would be a great chance, they need to find someone who scores goals Benteke wont.

Could be an exciting season at the bottom I reckon...