Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

As somebody who thinks Brexit will be a disaster and is seeing the evidence already ..,,,

Is that the doubling in the price of raw materials since the Brexit announcement?

Just asking as you did not respond to my question regarding clarification.

Sorry to push this, but whenever I made statements about figures in the past, posters on here always asked for evidence. Only fair it works both ways.
    Why do I have to give you my financial and business information on demand? I'd rather ignore you. You are welcome to ignore me.
    I have no interest whatsoever in your business.

You firmly stated that the price of a raw material had doubled and I merely asked which raw material. It has a relevance for me because I work in Trade and this fact was unknown to me.

It’s rather a poor show from you to suggest I am asking for financial and business information when you know very well I was asking a generic question.

I guess you would prefer that I ignored you so that you can avoid the question.

Such a pity really as I thought you were quite genuine in the past. I will just have to draw my own conclusions as to why you are deferring my question.
    I stated something honestly and qualified that in most cases we have found suppliers elsewhere, but these are still significantly more expensive and in some cases we have had to buy from the same suppliers. then I get some rude crank basically calling me a liar and then you asking for more details. I am not wasting any more time on it - I was talking or moaning to people who think alike, I have no need to justify or waste any more time on any others. Do you want me to scan an old invoice and a new one and put them on here FFS?

Maybe I will when I have some time - but sure you will pick holes in that when I do.
    Oh well, disappointing.

Couldn’t care less about your invoices, not my question. Doubling of raw materials, remember?

QED
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

As somebody who thinks Brexit will be a disaster and is seeing the evidence already ..,,,

Is that the doubling in the price of raw materials since the Brexit announcement?

Sorry to push this, but whenever I made statements about figures in the past, posters on here always asked for evidence. Only fair it works both ways.
    Why do I have to give you my financial and business information on demand? I'd rather ignore you. You are welcome to ignore me.
    I have no interest whatsoever in your business.

You firmly stated that the price of a raw material had doubled and I merely asked which raw material. It has a relevance for me because I work in Trade and this fact was unknown to me.

It’s rather a poor show from you to suggest I am asking for financial and business information when you know very well I was asking a generic question.

I guess you would prefer that I ignored you so that you can avoid the question.

Such a pity really as I thought you were quite genuine in the past. I will just have to draw my own conclusions as to why you are deferring my question.
    I stated something honestly and qualified that in most cases we have found suppliers elsewhere, but these are still significantly more expensive and in some cases we have had to buy from the same suppliers. then I get some rude crank basically calling me a liar and then you asking for more details. I am not wasting any more time on it - I was talking or moaning to people who think alike, I have no need to justify or waste any more time on any others. Do you want me to scan an old invoice and a new one and put them on here FFS?

Maybe I will when I have some time - but sure you will pick holes in that when I do.
    Oh well, disappointing.

Couldn’t care less about your invoices, not my question. Doubling of raw materials, remember?

QED
    Yes you are disapointing - I said the cost for raw materials from a Dutch and German supplier had doubled. If you are calling me a liar I'll print an example and show you in the Makro carpark on a match day if you want to be pendantic. Happy to arrange. Pathetic!
  • Options
    Gents, can we drop this, it's not really worth it.
  • Options
    I suggested we ignore each other -I know when I am being accused of lying - had another insult my dead father the other day - this site is getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    Said ages ago, page 3 I think, that it should be stopped.....Cabbles do YOUR duty...
  • Options

Said ages ago, page 3 I think, that it should be stopped.....Cabbles do YOUR duty...

Well said best buddy.
  • Options

Hahahahahaha - this is better than dave mehmet telling me he did a pill at the 4-3 away win at Newcastle
  • Options

To be honest I don't think Cables could stop it if he wanted to. I believe it was the great man himself who said that CL Brexit Threads were like Whackamole. This is the biggest political issue our country has faced since WWII. It's hardly surprising that people want to discuss it. To my mind it's just better if those who don't want to discuss it, give such threads a swerve.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Well said best buddy.
    can't just stop a thread because 2 numpties want to have a slanging match that would put 2 bitching 15 year old girls to shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shame you've taken that attitude really @MuttleyCAFC as I am genuinely interested and I suspect many others like me that don't deal in business, import, export etc are too. It would certainly give me a tangible insight into the impact of 'Brexit' which may potentially change my mind on what I see as collective ranting bollocks about the unknown if I could then tie real life examples to a long term impact and not just a short term currency movement.

If you turned round and said, for example "we import staples from Holland that 12 months ago we were playing £4.20 a kilo inclusive of transport cost, that price is currently £8 a kilo. We've since re-sourced from Taiwan but at £6 a kilo including transport cost", that's without going into the details of your business a real insight into the impact (in this case the cost of German staples doubling).

Not everything has to be an argument...

Never, ever confuse Germany and Holland if you're in the Netherlands - you won't get out alive!
  • Options
    Ha, you know what I meant. Don't put me down for the Foreign Affairs post !
  • Options
    Even if there was, I think the point still stands :-)
  • Options

Shame you've taken that attitude really @MuttleyCAFC as I am genuinely interested and I suspect many others like me that don't deal in business, import, export etc are too. It would certainly give me a tangible insight into the impact of 'Brexit' which may potentially change my mind on what I see as collective ranting bollocks about the unknown if I could then tie real life examples and then weigh up whether it's a long term impact or a short term currency movement.

If you turned round and said, for example "we import staples from Berlin that 12 months ago we were playing £4.20 a kilo inclusive of transport cost, that price is currently £8 a kilo. We've since re-sourced from Taiwan but at £6 a kilo including transport cost", that's without going into the details of your business a real insight into the impact (in this case the cost of German staples doubling).

As an aside, given the proportion of Cheddar consumed in the UK and produced in Ireland, it would be interesting to see what the currency fluctuations post-Referendum have done to the price - and what would be likely to happen were WTO tariffs to be applied.

There is a finite amount of milk that can be produced in the UK, without having to radically alter farming practices away from grass fed cows.

It's ok for me, I could always sneak over the border, and satisfy my cravings.

Personally, I think a lot of us will be surprised at what products have or will become markedly more expensive as a result of the Brexit vote - but then again, I have thought for most of the last year that no Free Trade deal will be agreed.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Could it be because you shouted from the rooftops about how your material costs had increased by 100% since the Brexit vote, yet when challenged you chose to ignore it?

Your the one keen to quote facts and stats - like 69% don't want a hard brexit - but when challeneged you chose to ignore. You can't have it both ways.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shame you've taken that attitude really @MuttleyCAFC as I am genuinely interested and I suspect many others like me that don't deal in business, import, export etc are too. It would certainly give me a tangible insight into the impact of 'Brexit' which may potentially change my mind on what I see as collective ranting bollocks about the unknown if I could then tie real life examples and then weigh up whether it's a long term impact or a short term currency movement.

If you turned round and said, for example "we import staples from Berlin that 12 months ago we were playing £4.20 a kilo inclusive of transport cost, that price is currently £8 a kilo. We've since re-sourced from Taiwan but at £6 a kilo including transport cost", that's without going into the details of your business a real insight into the impact (in this case the cost of German staples doubling).

Has anyone else Googled the price of a kilo of staples?
  • Options

In fairness to @MuttleyCAFC I don't think he's done too much wrong. Ok he wears his heart on his sleeve politics wise and can be particularly passionate about Brexit. I think he'd admit to that but it he's also been on the end of some trolling and personal comments recently so not surprising he's got the hump with one or two on here.

As far as I can make out he's outlined that since the vote his printing(?) businesses costs for some materials have doubled, he's tried sourcing them from elsewhere but struggled to find the same quality and therefore has no option but to pay a higher price than he was previously. A higher price that has to be absorbed by his business or passed on to his customers, which is his substantive point isn't it?

What does it matter to anyone else whether those materials are widgets, sprockets or anything else? That's not the point he's making and I'd like to think that we are respectful enough of each other not to question when someone sets out their personal experience and take them on trust.

Okay, the cost of my mates supplies coming in from Germany and Holland have halved since Brexit

; )
  • Options

In fairness to @MuttleyCAFC I don't think he's done too much wrong. Ok he wears his heart on his sleeve politics wise and can be particularly passionate about Brexit. I think he'd admit to that but it he's also been on the end of some trolling and personal comments recently so not surprising he's got the hump with one or two on here.

As far as I can make out he's outlined that since the vote his printing(?) businesses costs for some materials have doubled, he's tried sourcing them from elsewhere but struggled to find the same quality and therefore has no option but to pay a higher price than he was previously. A higher price that has to be absorbed by his business or passed on to his customers, which is his substantive point isn't it?

What does it matter to anyone else whether those materials are widgets, sprockets or anything else? That's not the point he's making and I'd like to think that we are respectful enough of each other not to question when someone sets out their personal experience and take them on trust.

Okay, the cost of my mates supplies coming in from Germany and Holland have halved since Brexit

; )
    I want to see your "mates" invoices in the MAKRO car park.
    Make it InterMarche and I'm there
  • Options

; )
    Prices and commodities go up and down all the time, funny how nobody said anything prior to june 23rd. Our business uses loads of stainless steel, try keeping up with the cost of that.

Stone was right, us brexiters are forever being told to provide evidence, its good to see the odd bouncer coming back.
  • Options
    My mate just said he got 5 Euros for a quid from the changing house.

Close thread
  • Options

; )
    WHAT! You live in France??? Why haven't you mentioned that before?
  • Options

; )
    Least I ain't got my hometown as my handle
  • Options

Has anyone else Googled the price of a kilo of staples?
    Another major stalling point in the Brexit negotiations that no one had considered is The Great Staple Stand Off: Davis is looking for all future staple deals with the EU to be in lbs. Barnier is insisting that we carry on with kg. We should have been warned about this before the referendum.
  • Options

; )
    My mate wants to know what you think about his procurement costs halving since Brexit
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!