Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options

In a Deal vs No Deal ref, I spoil my ballot.

If we don't leave the EU I will be spoiling my ballot paper for evermore.......simply writing LIARS & CHEATS every time.

Just fecking leave. OK.
    Carolyn Fairbairn. What the feck does she know. I’m sick and tired of experts like her spouting concerns based on years of experience. Project fear at its very worst.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    The pantomime villain enters the stage!

Check out @LeaveMnsLeave’s Tweet:
  • Options

Huskaris said:

I would love to see Jo Johnson become PM, just to laugh at Boris. Jo certainly seems to have a lot more integrity although that's not saying a lot.

What sort of politican would steal his brothers job?
    Every?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I would love to see Jo Johnson become PM, just to laugh at Boris. Jo certainly seems to have a lot more integrity although that's not saying a lot.

He's my MP and speaking to him in person he does come across as a decent person. He came round my street with the local councillor trying to get the party faithful out to vote in the local elections.
    I said they can have my wife's and my vote if Bromley council could fix the pavement outside my house. Best start with little jobs before moving on to the bigger things in world. They seemed up for the job and my councillor said he would look into it.
    Pavement is still in a state of patch work and disrepair. Not anything like the problems most people would consider worth a conversation but there you go, even at local level they cant deliver on agreements.

• Options
    Chizz said:

Huskaris said:

He's my MP and speaking to him in person he does come across as a decent person. He came round my street with the local councillor trying to get the party faithful out to vote in the local elections.
    I said they can have my wife's and my vote if Bromley council could fix the pavement outside my house. Best start with little jobs before moving on to the bigger things in world. They seemed up for the job and my councillor said he would look into it.
    Pavement is still in a state of patch work and disrepair. Not anything like the problems most people would consider worth a conversation but there you go, even at local level they cant deliver on agreements.

"There's a hole in the pavement outside my house"
    "I'll look into it"
    To be honest, I say the same to any politician who disturbs my Sundays. I don't discriminate because of their colour.
  • Options
    "David Cameron has been advising Theresa May on how to give MPs a "greater role" in resolving any future Brexit deadlock, sources have told the BBC.

The ex-prime minister has been speaking to his successor about what may happen if her proposed deal is vetoed by MPs".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46592394
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

"David Cameron has been advising Theresa May on how to give MPs a "greater role" in resolving any future Brexit deadlock, sources have told the BBC.

The ex-prime minister has been speaking to his successor about what may happen if her proposed deal is vetoed by MPs".

and she won't listen, he's supposedly pushing for EEA membership
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Surely David Cameron is just like Tony Blair in undermining democracy or does Theresa May only reserve her insults for ex Labour Prime Ministers ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    d
    micks1950 said:

You couldn't make that up.
  • Options
    Sounds like Corbyn might be starting to make his move;

I wonder if he has some sort of nod from the DUP that they would vote with him?

It would be good to get the vote of no confidence and May’s WA voted on ASAP so both can be discounted (as I don’t see that either would pass) and then parliament can get on with finding some alternative out of this, a sensible first step would be revoking Article 50.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Sounds like Corbyn might be starting to make his move;

I wonder if he has some sort of nod from the DUP that they would vote with him?

It would be good to get the vote of no confidence and May’s WA voted on ASAP so both can be discounted (as I don’t see that either would pass) and then parliament can get on with finding some alternative out of this, a sensible first step would be revoking Article 50.
    "MPs will vote on the UK's Brexit deal in the week beginning 14 January, Theresa May has told Parliament.

The vote was due to be held last week but was put on hold after Theresa May admitted she was set to lose.

Announcing a new date, Mrs May said the EU had made it clear the Irish backstop was "not a plot to trap the UK" and urged MPs to see Brexit through.

Labour had threatened to force a confidence vote in the PM if she did not set a date for the vote".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46586673
  • Options
    Glad the vote is getting done with plenty of time to work out an alternative plan, when the same deal that May decided not to have a vote on because she would lose is put in front of parliament.

They'll be going down the "shit deal or no deal" route then
  • Options
    The sad thing about the past few years of this Tory induced mess is the generally well informed, highly educated and knowledgeable public won’t remember, in five years time, this whole waste of time money and effort was the entire fault of one party.
    I hope the “experts” are very wrong, the EU are crapping themselves at the prospect of us leaving and the likes of the pantomime cutouts Mogg and Farage are spot on correct. I won’t be holding my breath.

• Options
    UK is set to remain in the Common Transit Convention (CTC) after Brexit, ensuring simplified cross-border trade for UK businesses exporting their goods.

The CTC is used for moving goods between the EU member states, the EFTA countries (Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland) as well as Turkey, Macedonia and Serbia.

The UK is currently a member of the CTC while it is in the EU, and has successfully negotiated membership in its own right after Brexit. This would apply to any new trading relationship with the EU or in the unlikely event of a no deal.

Membership of the CTC will help ensure that trade moves freely between the UK and CTC members after the UK leaves the EU. It will provide cashflow benefits to traders and aid trade flow at key points of entry into the UK, as traders will only have to make customs declarations and pay import duties when they arrive at their final destination.

https://gov.uk/government/news/uk-to-remain-in-common-transit-convention-after-brexit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuck the age limit, there needs to be an IQ limit on voting. If you're below 90 you're not allowed to even look at a ballot paper.
  • Options
    Why do the news channels continually trot out Alistair Campbell for his view?

• Options
    Laura Kuenssberg tweeted at 6.55am this morning that Labour planned a no confidence motion on May if she didn't announce a date for a vote on her WA:

• Options
    Corbyn calls a vote of no confidence because of May's can kicking.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Yet Kuenssberg said all it can do is embarrass May. It can't bring the government down.
    So what's the point ? (I'm sure there is one).
  • Options

seth plum said:

Yet Kuenssberg said all it can do is embarrass May. It can't bring the government down.
    So what's the point ? (I'm sure there is one).
    Lose this. Call for a second referendum after the deal get votes down?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!