Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options
    Apologies everyone for my typo (mistake) I meant to say if the UK leaves the EU perhaps Scotland and NI (not Wales) might vote to leave the UK as both those countries voted to remain in the EU. However for NI it will be a difficult decision as the DUP want to stay with the UK, could it re-open the 'troubles'? The answer to this mess I certainly don't have, and it seems neither does the HoP. The country is split and for me there are two people to blame - Cameron for running scared of UKIP and Farage who started this mess and then when he wins gets his children German passports so he can still travel freely!!! (He and his wife are not together yet he uses her German nationality, seems to me what is good for the goose is NOT good for the gander)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Fiiish said:

Chizz said:
    And she doesn't have a clue about projected figures. Until anyone puts their signature on an actual figure as to what ANY economy will do next year then it's all just guesswork. As a financial advisor I don't look more than a year or 2 ahead.....so 15 is just ludicrous.
    1) funny how only Leavers seem to struggle with grasping macroeconomic analysis.

2) the entire Leave argument is predicated on the assumption that once we leave, we will be billions of pounds a year worse off but after 20 or 30 years we will finally be turning a profit. You know, once we have struck all these great trade deals with Siam, Ceylon, Rhodesia, the West Indies, and our colonial brethren across the world. So if 15 years is ludicrous then think about how ridiculous the Brexiters sound when their colonial fantasies require foresight of more than 2 decades?
    Just wonder how many investment seminars you've been to in the past ??

Last count I've been to 8 this year.....a total of around 20 hours. Do you know the GDP of the top 8 industrial nations or the level of France's debt ? Any idea of when it's predicted (again, just a prediction) of when the US will enter into a recession....or how it can be judged by comparing unemployment/ wage growth over the past 40 years......

• Options

Fiiish said:

Chizz said:
    And she doesn't have a clue about projected figures. Until anyone puts their signature on an actual figure as to what ANY economy will do next year then it's all just guesswork. As a financial advisor I don't look more than a year or 2 ahead.....so 15 is just ludicrous.
    1) funny how only Leavers seem to struggle with grasping macroeconomic analysis.

2) the entire Leave argument is predicated on the assumption that once we leave, we will be billions of pounds a year worse off but after 20 or 30 years we will finally be turning a profit. You know, once we have struck all these great trade deals with Siam, Ceylon, Rhodesia, the West Indies, and our colonial brethren across the world. So if 15 years is ludicrous then think about how ridiculous the Brexiters sound when their colonial fantasies require foresight of more than 2 decades?

Last count I've been to 8 this year.....a total of around 20 hours. Do you know the GDP of the top 8 industrial nations or the level of France's debt ? Any idea of when it's predicted (again, just a prediction) of when the US will enter into a recession....or how it can be judged by comparing unemployment/ wage growth over the past 40 years......

Do you know how the UK ranks within the EU28 in terms of GDP growth at end of 3qtr 2018? And how it ranked in the same league 3qtr 2015? Could you provide us with that ranking figure please, and then give us your expert analysis on what lies behind any change?

Your incisive insights might help you attract some more clients from here...

• Options

Fiiish said:

Chizz said:

Do you know how the UK ranks within the EU28 in terms of GDP growth at end of 3qtr 2018? And how it ranked in the same league 3qtr 2015? Could you provide us with that ranking figure please, and then give us your expert analysis on what lies behind any change?

Your incisive insights might help you attract some more clients from here...

I understand the unicorn count has gone up in Lala Land though.
  • Options
    Wasn't it misplaced and misadvised investments that caused the 2008 crash?
    I wouldn't trust the City or Wall St to have a clue.
  • Options
    iainment said:

They don't. It's always been glorified gambling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

iainment said:

They don't. It's always been glorified gambling.
    For short-term gain and big bonuses with no accountability.

Unfortunately many of the big players were happy to play a short-term game with short-term profit. All too few considered medium to long term and appropriate growth.

The investment bankers ruled the roost and the more cautious commercial and transaction bankers were pushed to the side. They were run by the wrong bosses and we all (still) pay for it.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

- racist incidents attributed to Remain campaigning: zero
    - murders attributed to Remain campaigning: zero
    - incitements to violence attributed to Remain campaigning: zero
    - number of Remainers referred to police for breaking electoral law: zero
    - number of illegal adverts on social media by Remain: zero
    - value of laundered money used for Remain campaigning: zero

So when someone says "both sides were as bad as each other", feel free to correct them.
    This is how Labour and the Lib Dems reacted to the last murder of a serving MP

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Eastbourne_by-election

We wouldnt have expected anything less from the party of Corbyn.
    And how did the Leave campaigns respond to the Jo Cox murder?

By publicly agreeing to cease campaigning whilst still sending out the illegal adverts they had paid millions of pounds for (the source of the funds has still not been confirmed as legitimate).
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

So when someone says "both sides were as bad as each other", feel free to correct them.

Thst's a bit of a stretch, implicitly, blaming Corbyn for that. As I remember the Tories didn't complain about a contested bye election either. (I apologise if that's incorrect.)
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

I'm struggling to see how this is relevant in the context of what had been written in the comment that you were quoting.
    Well here is a handy step by step guide for Lifers:

1. find a post you disagree with
    2. find a completely irrelevant story or strawman
    3. grasp straws
    4. ???
    5. CORBYN'S FAULT
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

We wouldn't have expected anything less from the party of Corbyn.
    I suppose your point is that in Eastbourne Labour and the Lib Dems should not have stood?

The Lib Dems at least took that view in the Jo Cox by-election, and of course Labour was the incumbent. Eastbourne was a long time ago, and that Wikipedia article does not mention any controversy about whether the opposition parties should have stood then, so I am not sure if the two elections can be considered comparable.

I did though think that the Tory and Lib Dem decision not to contest Batley was worthy of respect. It's a pity it was contested at all.

• Options

Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

I'm still not sure whether this is intended as some kind of over subtle satire or not....?

But just in case.

This was in 1990 - Neil Kinnock was Labour Leader.....?

You acknowledge that both Labour and the Lib Dems stood candidates in the by-election but then single out "the party of Corbyn" (at the time a backbencher) for criticism...?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

How is this reference to a by election following the murder of Ian Gow relevant?
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

Was Corbyn running the Labour Party then or was he a thorn in the side of the leadership?
  • Options

micks1950 said:

Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

I'm still not sure whether this is intended as some kind of over subtle satire or not....?

But just in case.

This was in 1990 - Neil Kinnock was Labour Leader.....?

You acknowledge that both Labour and the Lib Dems stood candidates in the by-election but then single out "the party of Corbyn" (at the time a backbencher) for criticism...?

The lib Dems are a minority party and not worthy of comment.
    So not satire at all then?

You actually meant what you posted...?

And of course you did 'comment' that the Lib Dems also stood a candidate - but apparently didn't think them 'worthy' of criticism for doing so...?
  • Options
    Blimey, I thought everyone had chosen to ignore his trolling. This must have made your morning Smudger!
  • Options

Blimey, I thought everyone had chosen to ignore his trolling. This must have made your morning Smudger!

Someone tried score a point out of the tragic death of Jo Cox, it was handy to remind people that opposition parties sought to gain advantage out of the tragic death of Ian Gow.
    You completely missed the point of my post if you think I was point-scoring.
  • Options

Someone tried score a point out of the tragic death of Jo Cox, it was handy to remind people that opposition parties sought to gain advantage out of the tragic death of Ian Gow.
    But you then focus your criticism on Labour ("the party of Corbyn" - a backbencher at the time) and not the Lib Dems (because they "are a minority party") when it was the Lib Dems who actually won the by-election....?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!