Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options
    Watching Matt Hancock on Newsnight is awful. And to Brexiteers, there's going to be as many immigrants tp supply the NHS.
  • Options

Watching Matt Hancock on Newsnight is awful. And to Brexiteers, there's going to be as many immigrants tp supply the NHS.

And more of the so called Brexit “bonus” being swallowed up in preparing for a possible ‘hard brexit’. Hancock saying the NHS is now the largest purchaser of new refrigeration equipment in the world, in order to stockpile medicine!
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

And more of the so called Brexit “bonus” being swallowed up in preparing for a possible ‘hard brexit’. Hancock saying the NHS is now the largest purchaser of new refrigeration equipment in the world, in order to stockpile medicine!
    This whole thing is now being exposed as economic madness.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Bloody typical.....2 women not wanting to hear a man speak.
  • Options

Now if there was a board game called Brexit, what fun I could have on Xmas day.

It would be like Jumanji
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    And she doesn't have a clue about projected figures. Until anyone puts their signature on an actual figure as to what ANY economy will do next year then it's all just guesswork. As a financial advisor I don't look more than a year or 2 ahead.....so 15 is just ludicrous.
  • Options

Chizz said:
    And she doesn't have a clue about projected figures. Until anyone puts their signature on an actual figure as to what ANY economy will do next year then it's all just guesswork. As a financial advisor I don't look more than a year or 2 ahead.....so 15 is just ludicrous.
    You're of course famous for an optimistic outlook. How many goals are Gillingham going to beat us by?
  • Options
    I'm not sure how far away I am from being a Remainer to a Hard Brexiter should another vote come to pass. That's how screwed this all is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh dear God no. Monopoly is enough of a bloodbath as it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    aliwibble said:

Oh dear God no. Monopoly is enough of a bloodbath as it is.
    One half of the board is a blue passport and the other half is the European flag.
  • Options
    Today should be an interesting day, its reported that the government (Leader of the House) will not give any parliamentary time to have the No confidence vote in the PM. That leaves Corbyn the choice of not proceeding on this line or tabling a Vote of No confidence in the government. Under the parliamentary act the Speaker must give time for this debate and a subsequent vote. The danger here is with the leader of the ERG saying he now has confidence in this government and the DUP saying its just a political game, I don't think Corbyn can get the numbers to win. My best guess is he will not go that far and will wait until w/c 14th Jan to see if Mays deal is voted down again (which I'm beginning to doubt will be, given some of the remarks in yesterdays debate). If it is, voted down, he could return for a second pop at No confidence, but I suspect he will wait and see how many people support a 'people's vote' in parliament.
  • Options
    Wow, she is an MP? Thought it was someone they had found on the street for an interview... Let the man speak ffs
  • Options

Today should be an interesting day, its reported that the government (Leader of the House) will not give any parliamentary time to have the No confidence vote in the PM. That leaves Corbyn the choice of not proceeding on this line or tabling a Vote of No confidence in the government. Under the parliamentary act the Speaker must give time for this debate and a subsequent vote. The danger here is with the leader of the ERG saying he now has confidence in this government and the DUP saying its just a political game, I don't think Corbyn can get the numbers to win. My best guess is he will not go that far and will wait until w/c 14th Jan to see if Mays deal is voted down again (which I'm beginning to doubt will be, given some of the remarks in yesterdays debate). If it is, voted down, he could return for a second pop at No confidence, but I suspect he will wait and see how many people support a 'people's vote' in parliament.

Which makes the bloke look just as stupid, if not more stupid than the many twirps that have played their part in this whole shambles.
  • Options

Which makes the bloke look just as stupid, if not more stupid than the many twirps that have played their part in this whole shambles.
    Yeah, gotta back up your threats . What's he scared of? Ducking a vote because you'll lose? Imagine that.

I've lost confidence that's for flipping sure. Absolute, total shambles.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    CAFCsayer said:

Wow, she is an MP? Thought it was someone they had found on the street for an interview... Let the man speak ffs

Did you watch the whole interview out of interest?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=aElme3WH0qE
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:

Yeah, gotta back up your threats . What's he scared of? Ducking a vote because you'll lose? Imagine that.

Yep fully agree, both party leaders and their respective camps are ducking votes, meanwhile we are hurtling towards Brexit with no deal or any chance of the people being asked if her deal is the one that they want. Made me smile yesterday when Rees-Mogg the major architect of the ERG stood up and said he had confidence in May, and proceeded to say that should we agree a peoples vote, we would have to agree a second independence vote for Scotland, one which this time I think would vote to 'leave' the UK. Seems to me this mess will only end when the UK leaves the EU and then Scotland and perhaps Wales will ask for an Independence vote, which if granted could see the UK being just England and perhaps NI?
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Yep fully agree, both party leaders and their respective camps are ducking votes, meanwhile we are hurtling towards Brexit with no deal or any chance of the people being asked if her deal is the one that they want. Made me smile yesterday when Rees-Mogg the major architect of the ERG stood up and said he had confidence in May, and proceeded to say that should we agree a peoples vote, we would have to agree a second independence vote for Scotland, one which this time I think would vote to 'leave' the UK. Seems to me this mess will only end when the UK leaves the EU and then Scotland and perhaps Wales will ask for an Independence vote, which if granted could see the UK being just England and perhaps NI?
    Wales voted for Brexit too, they can’t moan now.

I’m pretty convinced that Sturgeon will make her move on a second referendum the day after Brexit and she might well win this time despite a pretty poor domestic record.

I remember discussing the last Scottish Referendum with @Fiiish , might not be long before we have to resurrect that thread!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Just a reminder:

- racist incidents attributed to Remain campaigning: zero
    - murders attributed to Remain campaigning: zero
    - incitements to violence attributed to Remain campaigning: zero
    - number of Remainers referred to police for breaking electoral law: zero
    - number of illegal adverts on social media by Remain: zero
    - value of laundered money used for Remain campaigning: zero

So when someone says "both sides were as bad as each other", feel free to correct them.
    You can hear some of it in the clip above.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

McBobbin said:

I’m pretty convinced that Sturgeon will make her move on a second referendum the day after Brexit and she might well win this time despite a pretty poor domestic record.

I remember discussing the last Scottish Referendum with @Fiiish , might not be long before we have to resurrect that thread!
    Scottish passport for me then.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

se9addick said:

McBobbin said:

Me too!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    se9addick said:

bobmunro said:

se9addick said:

McBobbin said:

Me too!
    And me. Hopefully before I have to start carrying around one of those embarrassing blue ‘things’.
  • Options
    Never thought I'd say the words "thank god my grandmother was Welsh"... And I won't. They can suck it up along with the rest of the rest of us. It's what they wanted after all.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!