Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly

Comments

• Options
    The dust has settled and I really think they should release the interview that Chris did, seems a real shame that someone who was with us for so many years has just disappeared without any form of recognition for that
  • Options
    @SheedyCAFC to save me searching back who did Solly do the interview with?

For a guy who played so many games for Cafc, (one season he only played 10) it does seem a shame because of the politics of football it means a player's career finishes at Cafc under a cloud.
  • Options
    fuck him
    Correct.
  • Options
    fuck him
    You a Catholic Priest mate? ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    fuck him

Interesting viewpoint that you only want one side of the story !

If someone tells me your an arse hole do I believe it or do I make my own mind up when I hear you speak or tell your story.

Swear at me too mate, because you will get more LOL.

• Options
    fuck him

If someone tells me your an arse hole do I believe it or do I make my own mind up when I hear you speak or tell your story.

Swear at me too mate, because you will get some LOL.

who said I only want one side of the story? we only have one side, the football clubs side.

if someone tells you I'm an arsehole, they've probably met me.

not sure if you are cracking on to me saying I'll get some or if you mean I'll get some lol's

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    fuck him

Swear at me too mate, because you will get some LOL.

Its also worth pointing out that Dave has had the misfortune of knowing me since our school days

So any swearing / insults between us should be taken with a pinch of salt
  • Options
    Chris Solly is a club legend, end of discussion.
    2 POTYs, 1 young POTY, 1 league one title, 1 league one play off trophy, over 300 appearances most of which with a dodgy knee and shit owners, academy product.

All the above is not forgotten because he left when he was a second choice right back.
    100%.

Players who have given Charlton the amount of time Solly had do not come along often, and that shouldn’t be forgotten based upon one single situation in which we know there are two sides to the story.
  • Options
    2 POTYs, 1 young POTY, 1 league one title, 1 league one play off trophy, over 300 appearances most of which with a dodgy knee and shit owners, academy product.

All the above is not forgotten because he left when he was a second choice right back.
    He chose not to make himself available when we had the chance to save ourselves from relegation. 

Second choice or not, he refused to play for us. 

Taylor is vilified, and rightly so, but at least he had the guts to come and front it out by saying why he made his decision. 
    Taylor’s decision clearly cost us relegation.

Solly’s didn’t. 

Taylor was looking to get away from us because he wanted more money.

Solly, was looking at getting a contract for himself before he was released anyway.

Its not a positive thing from Solly, but it absolutely no way eradicates all he’s done for our club.
  • Options

He chose not to make himself available when we had the chance to save ourselves from relegation. 

Taylor is vilified, and rightly so, but at least he had the guts to come and front it out by saying why he made his decision. 

Solly’s didn’t. 

Solly, was looking at getting a contract for himself before he was released anyway.

Its not a positive thing from Solly, but it absolutely no way eradicates all he’s done for our club.
    They made the same decision. 

Just because Taylor is a better player than Solly (at the time), it doesn't mean Taylor's decision was worse than Solly's one. 
  • Options

Solly’s didn’t. 

Just because Taylor is a better player than Solly (at the time), it doesn't mean Taylor's decision was worse than Solly's one. 
    It does mean exactly that.  

Taylor was our talisman, Solly our reserve right back.  Solly NOT leaving wouldn’t of changed a thing, so I for one don’t care (as much).
  • Options
    simple really - come out and put the other side of the story and set the record straight - i view this as similar to harry and markle's accusations of the royal family - if they ain't true, come out and put the record straight otherwise they will be taken as true - who's video are we hoping to release? why not just make a statement to a local paper - if he didn't do the same as taylor, its a shame he is being labelled the same    
  • Options
    it pisses me off when players at other clubs refuse to train/play so when players like parker, kermorgant, taylor and solly do it, it's 1000 times worse.

• Options

Solly’s didn’t. 

Taylor was our talisman, Solly our reserve right back.  Solly NOT leaving wouldn’t of changed a thing, so I for one don’t care (as much).
    They both left over money. 

They both refused to play or train for the club. 

I don't see why you think one is worse than the other. It's clearly just bias.

Solly not coming out and explaining himself to the fans and scurrying away afterwards shows how much he cared. Bet any unreleased interview skirts over that fact and instead talks about the previous years playing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly, there's no more mystery to the whole situation than what he can't dissolve by providing his version of events.

• Options

Solly’s didn’t. 

Solly not coming out and explaining himself to the fans and scurrying away afterwards shows how much he cared. Bet any unreleased interview skirts over that fact and instead talks about the previous years playing. 
    It’s not bias, its practicality.

One we need, the other we didn’t.  You’re putting too much principle into the scenario.  Which is fine it’s your view on it, but it cannot discredit his entire tenure a lot of which was brilliant.
  • Options
    Two posters on here posted that they have heard sollys side and it wasn’t a case of him refusing to play.

there have been rumours posted that solly reported bowyer to the pfa for bullying.

I don’t hate solly, I dont love him. He is an ex player. I would like to hear his side so though, so that I can understand why he chose not to play.  I agree that his decision and circumstances are completely different to Taylor’s.

if Taylor got injured, he would have got a pro deal when fit. Solly wouldn’t have and has ended up in the 6th tier of English football.
    Until this happens everything else is just hearsay on the internet. 
  • Options
    Two posters on here posted that they have heard sollys side and it wasn’t a case of him refusing to play.

there have been rumours posted that solly reported bowyer to the pfa for bullying.

I don’t hate solly, I dont love him. He is an ex player. I would like to hear his side so though, so that I can understand why he chose not to play.  I agree that his decision and circumstances are completely different to Taylor’s.

if Taylor got injured, he would have got a pro deal when fit. Solly wouldn’t have and has ended up in the 6th tier of English football.
    I've heard that it was something that was reported to the PFA - If something got settled between the parties involved with NDA's then put into place, which wouldnt surpise me... then he cant talk about it
  • Options

Solly’s didn’t. 

You’re talking as if you know the reason why Solly refused to play? But I expect you’re just making an assumption?
  • Options
    Met him a few times and very nice guy so certainly think there are 2 sides to this one.
    what happened to the alleged bullying on another player earlier this year ? 
  • Options
    Met him a few times and very nice guy so certainly think there are 2 sides to this one.
    what happened to the alleged bullying on another player earlier this year ? 
    I was told that Aneke thought bowyer was bullying him in training and pushing him to improve fitness levels.

I can’t quiet put my finger on this but I don’t think there was truth in it being aneke 😂
  • Options
    Regardless of what happened behind closed doors, we openly saw the way Bowyer would talk about individual players on multiple occasions when results were not going our way and he wanted to take little responsibility himself….