Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly

Comments

• Options
    There is no way that Solly will be returning to us.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    Chris Solly was only at Charlton for ten years because for the last few years his injury record meant no other club wanted him, where is he now?
    If he had not had the injury problems earlier he would have long ago left the club for more money like the majority of players.
    Why are people still going on about this, move on, if Solly is so upset about what happened he should come out & give his version of events. In a few months he will be forgotten about.

You cant of been supporting Charlton long Clive if you think our fans can move on.
    I’m still upset they sold Alan Campbell. 
    Oh why oh why did you bring this up. I thought I was over it but now those dark clouds have returned ☹️
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clive said:
    Chris Solly was only at Charlton for ten years because for the last few years his injury record meant no other club wanted him, where is he now?
    If he had not had the injury problems earlier he would have long ago left the club for more money like the majority of players.
    Why are people still going on about this, move on, if Solly is so upset about what happened he should come out & give his version of events. In a few months he will be forgotten about.

You cant of been supporting Charlton long Clive if you think our fans can move on.
    I though he was just injured. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    clb74 said:
    clive said:

At least you don't go as far back as Billy Bonds who played 95 games for us and then went on to make another 663 appearances for the Hammers! Probably one of the best players never to win an England cap too.
    Cried when he left. As a kid I just couldn’t understand how a player could leave like that.

I cried when Carl Leaburn departed to Wimbledon and I was twenty five!
    I was fecking ecstatic. 
    That'd been a first.
  • Options
    I knocked one out when we signed Madjid Boughera.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    clb74 said:
    clive said:

At least you don't go as far back as Billy Bonds who played 95 games for us and then went on to make another 663 appearances for the Hammers! Probably one of the best players never to win an England cap too.
    Cried when he left. As a kid I just couldn’t understand how a player could leave like that.

I cried when we signed Barry Endean.
    But it was good fun to make the prediction of what game he would eventually score in.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Saw Chris with a mate in Starbucks at Bluewater on Friday so, clearly, he is still local. Resisted the urge to approach him and was sat too far away to earwig his conversation. 
    Well can you at least tell us what type of coffee he likes?
    Yes. Starbucks coffee.
    The man has no class. No wonder the club got rid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t think he ever refused to play.

Would have gone to Exeter had they gone up but has a couple of offers abroad now. 

Think Bowyer has a couple of funny ways if I’m honest and don’t think this has been dealt with very well.
    Barcelona about to prove we were wrong to release him, they need a right-back and have heard he's better than John Terry ever was
  • Options
    Don’t think he ever refused to play.

Would have gone to Exeter had they gone up but has a couple of offers abroad now. 

Think Bowyer has a couple of funny ways if I’m honest and don’t think this has been dealt with very well.
    Barcelona about to prove we were wrong to release him, they need a right-back and have heard he's better than John Terry ever was
    Which, given that he's 5 foot 3, is amazing!
  • Options
    Do you know what this thread needs? Answers?! Nope lets add @golfaddick to the mix, he should bring some festive cheer and positivity. 

We are still none the wiser and still several posts added lol 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Maybe hinting that he was asking for too much money?

• Options
    Really? I don't read that as animosity, just a reflection on how difficult the market is for players at the moment, especially given him mentioning Gunter as an example.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Think the title is very clickbaity, what LB says is true, a lot of players are struggling for clubs
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Interesting, there's certainly no sympathy from Bowyer in his comments
  • Options
    I don't get necessarily that there is any animosity in his comments but, the question I would ask whenever I see a Cawley interview with LB, why raise the issue now? He's been gone four months. Why not talk about the current players than raise someone who was lumped in with Taylor for refusing to play for the Club?

Unless, of course, you're trying use the article to illustrate how much better we are off now with Gunter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I knocked one out when we signed Madjid Boughera.

For old times sake.
  • Options
    Should Bowyer be talking to the press about Solly if there's likely to be an ongoing dispute via the PFA
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Redrobo said:
    clb74 said:
    clive said:

And more than 50 years on we still can't accept that we are and have always been a selling club. Now, though, we don't just sell a player of Bonds' quality but put on the market absolutely anyone we can get a fee for.
    For Charlton to match Thomas Sandgaard ambition we will have to stop being a selling club unless we get silly money for someone.

Borussia Dortmund always buy low and sell high.
    They refused to sell Sancho unless they got 20% more than he was probably worth in a COVID-19 world of football.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Should Bowyer be talking to the press about Solly if there's likely to be an ongoing dispute via the PFA
    Is it likely or just what somebody has suggested on here?
  • Options
    That article is quite short on detail compared to what we would usually get from the SLP. 

If Bowyers been asked a question about Chris Solly, and he has stopped short of saying what actually happened then it does still lead me to believe that there’s more to this than meets the eye.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Chris Solly's ending at Charlton after 18 years was sad.

He must have a new injury or the "Ledley King" injury has finally caught up with him.
    Over the last Six weeks I have watched Charlie MacDonald at Glebe, Zak Ansah at Herne Bay and Bradley Pritchard at Cray Wanderers and they are playing part time for love and pocket money.  (Can be higher amounts than you would imagine ) 

The lower you go in the Pyrimid some players don't even have contracts but get paid on a weekly basis. (My local team's star striker was explaining to me how that works: that's in the 8th tier or step 4)

I'm sure Chris could get a pay as you play contract in the National League South if he doesn't fancy the traveling involved in the National League Premier.

I can't see how Chris would pass a medical for League 1 or 2.

• Options
    MattF said:
    But this wasn't what LB said was it? He said that Solly, Taylor and Davis were all refusing to play - full stop!
  • Options

"Unfortunately for us three of those players have said they’re not going to play, and Lyle is one of them.

"That’s tough for us, that’s tough for me as the manager. Lyle’s a big player for us, a bit like [Troy] Deeney at Watford – when he plays we can win games – and Lyle has said he’s not going to play because of risk of injury.

"Chris Solly has said the same and Davis is on loan from Birmingham and he’d said he doesn’t want to come back and play games.

"So we’re three players down."

So was Solly available for those three games or not? And is the fact that he was for those three games the reason that the PCA got involved?