Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v MK Dons - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Would have taken a point beforehand

Robbed though

Why on earth would you have taken a point at home to a team in the bottom half?
    Because MK Dons are not a bottom half team!!

FFS... If they finish bottom half then yes we should have wanted more than a point yet at the moment the table wont paint a true picture till the season is over
    Why are they not a bottom a half team? They've played 18 games already. A point isn't a disaster but to be content with one before the game is bizarre given we should have top 2 ambitions.
  • Options
    We played well but needed to take our chances
  • Options

Robbed though

FFS... If they finish bottom half then yes we should have wanted more than a point yet at the moment the table wont paint a true picture till the season is over
    They're bang average this year and will be mid table at the end of the season.

We should've won if we have aspirations of top two.
  • Options
    No need to be negative unless it keeps happening. They nicked a point and it cost us two - it will happen again. It’s ok as long as we nick as many or more points in that way. If we win more away games 1-0 without playing especially well I would be happier. Football is not always fair and that’s the beauty of the game.
  • Options
    Palarse point not enough
    Spanners did not win
    Aussies really pissed off...
  • Options

Robbed though

Why are they not a bottom a half team? They've played 18 games already. A point isn't a disaster but to be content with one before the game is bizarre given we should have top 2 ambitions.
    Its not about being content its about being realistic... We'll lose games and draw games against sides all over the Division

We cant expect to solely drop points against top six sides; it aint ever going to happen so people have to look at opponents and expect a shock result

Before that today I simply thought we'd drop points today... Cant explain why thats why accas are so difficult to win big on
  • Options
    Then Charlton take a shine off it!
  • Options

Robbed though

They're bang average this year and will be mid table at the end of the season.

We should've won if we have aspirations of top two.
    Should have beaten Bury and Rochdale when we won League One... Just saying
  • Options
    Just seen the penalty on Twitter - shocking dive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We really need a goal scorer to put chances away. Every other part of the team is performing.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Robbed though

Its not about being content its about being realistic... We'll lose games and draw games against sides all over the Division

We cant expect to solely drop points against top six sides; it aint ever going to happen so people have to look at opponents and expect a shock result

Before that today I simply thought we'd drop points today... Cant explain why thats why accas are so difficult to win big on
    Exactly. In our record breaking 2011/12 season remember we lost 5 drew 11. A point is disappointing especially the way we snatched it from the jaws of victory but its not the end of the world. We have to beat Rochdale Tuesday and then do a job at Scunny. Still loads of football to be played yet, COYRs.
  • Options
    Such fine margins, had that Forster-caskey gone off the inside of the post and in I reckon it would have been a cricket score, very dissapointing to drop 2 points to not only a dive but also to a terrible team
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

We really need a goal scorer to put chances away. Every other part of the team is performing.

Watched on iFollow - don't remember Magennis missing many and he scored one. Others had chances, it's not all down to the striker to win us games.
    It is down to playing with one striker though IMO. Magennis does everything we can ask of him but it’s not enough.

We should have buried them by half-time and on another day might have done. By the time of the OG we were lucky not be behind.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    A poor point. Clearly the better side in the first half, ran out of steam/ideas in the second - but still shouldn't have lost. Pen was down the other end, will reserved judgement on that until I actually get to see it. MK a shitty side, celebrated like they'd won at the end. Mugs.
  • Options

What a scummy little team MK Dons are.

Yes indeed but we should have had them buried by half time.
  • Options
    Too many players wanting to play pretty, possession football and nobody wanting to do the ugly bit of actually scoring a goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sod the game how did the cross bar challenge go ?

Shocking.
  • Options
    Annoying match.Charlton should have been out of sight by half time,but we're having problems getting the ball in the net.2nd half MK did better, but we were still in control.Then that penalty...I thought the ref was going to book the forward for diving,I mean his back was towards goal,he might have got the slightest touch in the back ,but he went down like he'd been shot.Really frustrating afternoon.
  • Options
    I must say I thought that we were absolutely brilliant in the first half. A cut above the MK Dons.
  • Options
    league 1 has poor referees, the only way of combating the chance of a "wrong" goal is to score some goals which is something we seem incapable of doing at present
  • Options

Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

Watched on iFollow - don't remember Magennis missing many and he scored one. Others had chances, it's not all down to the striker to win us games.
    It is down to playing with one striker though IMO. Magennis does everything we can ask of him but it’s not enough.

We should have buried them by half-time and on another day might have done. By the time of the OG we were lucky not be behind.
    Who would you leave out to get a second striker in the team? Not that we actually have one, but if we did.
  • Options
    From where I was sat looked looked like we should have had a penalty ourselves for a hand ball.

Marshall should have scored as should have Naby, add in the hit post in the first half and we could have been 4 nil up after 6o minutes, instead we were hanging on for the last 15 and looking the least likely to win.

Unbeaten in 8, a point closer to Wigan and a day nearer to Roland selling so it's not all bad.
  • Options
    definate penalty, cant have any complaints about that decision. Just dont know what Kashi was playing at.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

Who would you leave out to get a second striker in the team? Not that we actually have one, but if we did.
    Marshall. Doesn’t look fit enough for 90 minutes at the moment I’d bring him on as a sub in the meantime while we are waiting for him to build up the stamina.
  • Options

From where I was sat looked looked like we should have had a penalty ourselves for a hand ball.

Marshall should have scored as should have Naby, add in the hit post in the first half and we could have been 4 nil up after 6o minutes, instead we were hanging on for the last 15 and looking the least likely to win.

Unbeaten in 8, a point closer to Wigan and a day nearer to Roland selling so it's not all bad.

And I'm another day nearer to death