Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v MK Dons - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Let's just blame KR - MK seem to enjoy slapping his mug. No excuses to lose points to shite like this. Disappointing 2 points dropped whatever the penalty decision. If they can not learn to kill off teams like this - even the playoffs will be big ask!
  • Options
    I know Robbo said the Shrews can be caught but fair play to them. Down to ten for over 30 mins, surrendered the lead, ended up winning. Maybe they can keep up the pace.
  • Options
    When a defender goes in with his arms outstretched and the ball hits one of the, isn’t that a penalty? And Ben Reeves’ shot was on target.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Cafc43v3r said:

Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

We really need a goal scorer to put chances away. Every other part of the team is performing.

Watched on iFollow - don't remember Magennis missing many and he scored one. Others had chances, it's not all down to the striker to win us games.
    It is down to playing with one striker though IMO. Magennis does everything we can ask of him but it’s not enough.

We should have buried them by half-time and on another day might have done. By the time of the OG we were lucky not be behind.
    Who would you leave out to get a second striker in the team? Not that we actually have one, but if we did.
    Circular argument, really, because if we played with two strikers we’d have a different squad. I think the evidence says that this formation will struggle to score enough goals. I agree that Holmes, Reeves, Clarke, Fosu and Marshall are all good players but I wouldn’t play all of them at once (although I’d still be minded to play a team of Kermorgants, of course).
  • Options
    Absolute fucking sickener. We battered them for the first 60 minutes and it was our fault we didn't take our chances to put the game away. Just watched the penalty back four times and he falls down in stages. A clear dive. Kashi put his foot in when he probably didn't have to but still. I don't think there was any contact, and if there was it was because the player basically fell onto his leg. Gutted. Should have won handily.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I know Robbo said the Shrews can be caught but fair play to them. Down to ten for over 30 mins, surrendered the lead, ended up winning. Maybe they can keep up the pace.

Shrewsbury can definitely be caught - Win our two games in hand and that gap is down to three points (easier said than done)

they're comfortable because they only have to worry about Wigan at the moment which means they'd still get second and automatic promotion, what will they do when more teams are breathing down their neck and they risk losing everything - Still think they'll do a Fleetwood, drop into the Play-Offs and then just run out of steam
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shrewsbury can definitely be caught - Win our two games in hand and that gap is down to three points (easier said than done)

they're comfortable because they only have to worry about Wigan at the moment which means they'd still get second and automatic promotion, what will they do when more teams are breathing down their neck and they risk losing everything - Still think they'll do a Fleetwood, drop into the Play-Offs and then just run out of steam
    Scunthorpe have been consistent for two seasons.

I would say there are 3 teams above us and the play-offs are our limit.
  • Options
    Should have won it in the first half, could have lost it in the second. Naby Sarr is either awesome or a liability, he doesn't know how to be anything in between. Blame it on his youth I suppose.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

With all the greatest of respect I hope that ref gets his penis caught in a mousetrap.

Has to find his balls first.
  • Options

Scunthorpe have been consistent for two seasons.

I would say there are 3 teams above us and the play-offs are our limit.
    Yeah Wigan | Bradford | Scunthorpe are the three that worry me at the moment

None of them have consistency though to get themselves across the line
  • Options
    Calmed down a bit now home.

Shocking referee, at the wrong end for the penalty but looked exaggerated fall even from covered end.

Don't know if many noticed but their manager was in the linos ear all game and maybe he just had the influence he was trying to have.

Another team systematically fouling, how they ended up with 11 on the pitch is amazing.

Having said all that was crying out for 2 up front, once again the lack of a plan b cost us.
  • Options

Calmed down a bit now home.

Shocking referee, at the wrong end for the penalty but looked exaggerated fall even from covered end.

Don't know if many noticed but their manager was in the linos ear all game and maybe he just had the influence he was trying to have.

Another team systematically fouling, how they ended up with 11 on the pitch is amazing.

Having said all that was crying out for 2 up front, once again the lack of a plan b cost us.

Was sitting in west upper directly behind him! He was down on the half way line complaining to the 4th official for 90 minutes and not once did the official tell him to get back in his technical area! He was shocking!
  • Options
    We were excellent in the first half with the exception of Kashi and it was just the final ball that was missing. We were very fluid and knocked the ball around well.

Second half we were a bit of a shambles and made too many mistakes. Our confidence evaporated after their goal.

Surprised at how physical and dirty MK Dons were - not good to watch. Ref was crap...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m as annoyed by our own failure to put away a shite cynical limited team as I am by the even crapper than normal officials. MKD are horrible. There are a lot of horrible teams in this league. We have a lot of talent but we simply must start to put these teams away when we are miles on top or we will be in for a disappointing season.

Can’t see what the hype for Reeves is all about. Nowhere near as effective as Billy. Ricky is a wizard but his distribution of late has been consistent shocking. I don’t know if Josh is suffering from being stuck on his Jack Jones or whether he’s actually a bit overrated. Kashi - accident waiting to happen. Very frustrating day but as much of our own making as it was the officials.
  • Options
    Robinson: "You can only control what you do today and we did. I thought we were very good today. We started very well, they had a phase in the second half but we finished the game fit and looked strong and I’m pleased with the players’ mentality today.

"It’s a point, it’s not enough. Our performance deserved more but I can say our performances haven’t been good enough in other games and we got three points, so it balances out. It is what it is, the fans were excellent once again, they stick with the team through thick and thin. We’re just going to go home very frustrated.

"Today, we were the better team. I don’t think anybody can argue that. We should have scored more than them, we didn’t score more.

"We were strong, we were quick, we got around the pitch and we made their afternoon very difficult."
  • Options
    Frustrating to say the least.

However on reflection a point was probably fair. Was pleased with JFC today liked how he battles constantly with men twice his size. Thought Magennis played very well too won every header today.

Mark Marshall was disappointing today thought he would of done better to maybe try and chip or dink it when he was put through 1 on 1.

Ezri Konsa was poor too. God knows what he tried to do when they were through on goal.

Oh well we're not going to win all of them, bring on Rochdale...
  • Options
    Comments from Robbie Neilson

https://youtu.be/EQ__PxyNu9I
  • Options

Like this if you think the officials were a bunch of cunts. I want 100 likes.

I usually hate this sort of message when you see it on Facebook / Twitter

Yet I'd give you those 100 likes myself if I could!!
  • Options

Comments from Robbie Neilson

https://youtu.be/EQ__PxyNu9I

Can you get this with subtitles?