Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v MK Dons - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Great... Apparently Agard hadnt scored for seven months (22-games) until today!!
  • Options
    2 points definitely dropped to a wanky made up club, just how do you support a team that was established less than 20 years ago.
  • Options
    As a side note, Ahearne-Grant is about as much use as a marzipan dildo.....
  • Options
    The best we can rationally hope for is top 6. Honestly, we are not good enough to get top 2. And with a sale looking more likely, I don't see how things will get better during a transition period. It will be a poor distraction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Absolutely gutted, throwing away two leads and dominating for the first 60 minutes.

Own goal was pure class, I thought he knocked if out for a corner and originally didn't celebrate.

I didn't think it was a penalty at 5PM and I haven't changed my mind on that.

We've done really well holding on to 1-0 leads this season, however if you don't score a couple when your ahead then it always likely to happy.

Yet to be convinced by Reeves, after yesterday performance I am hoping Clark will be back sooner rather than later.

Overall, I hope this is the last time we have to play franchise at home for a while. Embarrassing fake club.

Anyone else notice the two stewards in the away end whereing franchise stewards jackets.

Never seen a time before when opposition bring their own personnel to an away match as stewards. I was hoping they would throw (Petey) out with the trumpet.

• Options
    Watched on dodgy stream so I must have missed the tactics /Grand plan/pattern to our attacking play (every now and then Ricky feels like something's got to be done and squeezes a corner out of a desperate run). As for defense, line still way to low, giving defensive midfield hopeless chases and inviting troubles.
    Random...
  • Options
    edited November 2017

just how do you support a team that was established less than 20 years ago.

Ask everybody who supports a team in the MLS?
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited November 2017
    Apart perhaps from the penalty I thought the refs actually did a good job today. Sorry lads/lasses but it's a poor show if you blame the refs for us not winning it. It was us who didn't win it, not the refs who caused it. The game should have been dead and buried long before the penalty decision.
  • Options
    How long are Bauer and Clarke out?
    Can’t seem to find it anywhere. Was KR asked in his post match interview?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Valley11 said:

Clarke another 2 weeks, calf strain worse than first expected, Bauer should be fit Tuesday according to KR.
  • Options
    20% Automatic promotion ........55% Play offs ........... 25% 7th-12th

100% Roland Out

Blackburn are coming up on the rails , see them , Wigan and Shrewsbury as the threats to us for automatic but I find it hard to get too excited whilst our nearest rivals are playing their trade in higher divisions, shameful
  • Options
    But at the end of the day Charlton have fallen back from 3rd to 5th. The Northamptonshire referee meanwhile got his lift back to Milton Keynes on the Dons team coach from where his wife could pick him up.
    http://addicksdiary3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/we-were-robbed.html?m=1
  • Options
    certainly two points dropped, been a few like that this season, but we're still in overall good shape but must make something of our game/s in hand which should see us reclaim 3rd.

The Shrews are the new Leicester, I don't see them fading away too far, Wigan & Blackburn will be our issue for top two then theres always a late runner flying up the table.

as per @oohaahmortimer i'd put us around the same 50% chance of playoffs probably 10% top two and 40% outside playoffs/7-12th. We don't just quite have that killer instinct to shut down/kill off a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

vff said:

I enjoyed the match & it was great to be back at the Valley.

Charlton can pass the ball & have some quick players. Charlton’s squad is weak though as showed by the bench & lack of depth of quality. That definitely limits Robinson’s tactical options & his ability to respond to changing match situations. Clarke not playing probably didn’t help but if Charlton had stronger attacking options then Charlton would be a reasonable bet for the top 2. It’s a shame as the team is not far off. I enjoyed the game though all in all. It helps not having too much expectation.

Great drinking game, take a shot every time you read the world Charlton in vff's match review.
    So you're on Charlton Life, reading a thoughtful post from a fellow supporter who was at the match and your response is to take the rise out of how many times VFF says Charlton? Weird.

Thanks for your post VFF.
  • Options
    Good first 30 minutes, we definitley lost it in the 2nd half after their subs and got drawn too much into the tit-for-tat. IMO they should have had 2 reds - one for the guy punching Ricky and one for the guy who shoved the ref in extra time. Ref was weak and made it clear they could do pretty much what they liked - which they did to Marshall effectively taking him out of the game.
    Again IMO a failing of Solly as a captain - he should have been a lot more vocal to the ref when our players were being clattered.

Why can't we beat this lot? Is it because of KR?
    Ended very tense, I thought we'd nicked it with the OG, but not to be. I'll need to see the pen again, and admittedly it was a long way, but just the dive looked over dramatic
  • Options
    I LOVE CHARLTON SO MUCH IT GIVES ME A HARD ON!!!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

just how do you support a team that was established less than 20 years ago.

Ask everybody who supports a team in the MLS?
    The problem isn't with when they were established but how.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

But at the end of the day Charlton have fallen back from 3rd to 5th. The Northamptonshire referee meanwhile got his lift back to Milton Keynes on the Dons team coach from where his wife could pick him up.
    http://addicksdiary3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/we-were-robbed.html?m=1

Surprised he's got a wife.
  • Options
    Josh looked very angry and fired up to me at the start of the game.

My guess is he was annoyed at not starting Norn Irons key game.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

CAFCTrev said:

vff said:

I enjoyed the match & it was great to be back at the Valley.

Charlton can pass the ball & have some quick players. Charlton’s squad is weak though as showed by the bench & lack of depth of quality. That definitely limits Robinson’s tactical options & his ability to respond to changing match situations. Clarke not playing probably didn’t help but if Charlton had stronger attacking options then Charlton would be a reasonable bet for the top 2. It’s a shame as the team is not far off. I enjoyed the game though all in all. It helps not having too much expectation.

Great drinking game, take a shot every time you read the world Charlton in vff's match review.
    So you're on Charlton Life, reading a thoughtful post from a fellow supporter who was at the match and your response is to take the rise out of how many times VFF says Charlton? Weird.

Thanks for your post VFF.
    Not a rise mate, just trying to be jovial and lighten the mood after an otherwise disappointing result. Why assume negative intent?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

Clarke another 2 weeks, calf strain worse than first expected, Bauer should be fit Tuesday according to KR.
    But Fosu got injury and will probably miss Tuesday
  • Options

Josh looked very angry and fired up to me at the start of the game.

My guess is he was annoyed at not starting Norn Irons key game.

Take a look at Oliver Norwood's free-kick for Fulham yesterday

Doesnt look as though Josh was the only one frustrated about Northern Ireland's failure to reach the World Cup thanks to that pen