Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very likely a signing today (Best Signs Until January 27th (pg 11))

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:
    Note he is already being called Besty, he must have impressed the gaffer and is now in the clique.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Short term deal, returning from a long injury lay-off and a career which appeared to be on the wane prior to his injury. Not an ideal solution to the problem, but at least it is something and Josh finally has some kind of backup/competition.

Nonetheless, welcome Leon and good luck - I hope your performances over the next couple of months earn you a longer deal.
  • Options
    I only look forward to new signings now to read Daisy's comments.
  • Options
    I reckon him and Josh could work well together even if it's just for the last 20 mins or so of a game. They are both pretty tall but neither are slow. In fact Karl is saying Best is one of the 3 quickest at the club. Certainly an option which we didn't have before.
  • Options

I reckon him and Josh could work well together even if it's just for the last 20 mins or so of a game. They are both pretty tall but neither are slow. In fact Karl is saying Best is one of the 3 quickest at the club. Certainly an option which we didn't have before.

Wonder who the others are? Holmes and Marshall don't seem particularly rapid, Fosu perhaps? Dasilva? KAG?
  • Options
    From the pictures he looks like one of a few very players who knows how to smile!! - Most when they sign for a club look as miserable as shit

Either that or he's laughing his way to the bank
  • Options
    Strange why this took so long, as he could have signed on Friday and been available for Scunthorpe, but welcome Besty!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Spectacular arrival by helicopter landing on the pitch, red carpet rolled out as the elegant Miss Meire in evening gown and tiara welcomes him to de Cloob - and completes the signing in the centre circle in front of her adoring fans.

Did I mention the brass band playing?
    Or the Gospel choir singing, "Hallelujah" ... ?

There is a reason why Belgians are seen as boring by the rest of the world
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

sam3110 said:

Wonder who the others are? Holmes and Marshall don't seem particularly rapid, Fosu perhaps? Dasilva? KAG?
    Jacko and Sue Parkes
    bit unfair though, it was to the buffet
  • Options

Strange why this took so long, as he could have signed on Friday and been available for Scunthorpe, but welcome Besty!

Might have been Best himself being the issue

Didnt someone say earlier that he was trying to hold out for a deal for the season whereas we only wanted till the end of January? - Seems like he eventually backed down
  • Options
    Can't be worse than the current back up so happy enough, though I don't agree with KR saying “There’s a real intent in the building to push us forward.”
    This isn't real intent it's a last resort.
    Good luck Leon.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Konsa surely one
  • Options

WSS said:
    8. For a striker. 8. Eight.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    I'm inclined to agree, but it's not without precedent and is better than having a No. 3 in central midfield.

• Options
    He's starting! Didn't see that coming!
  • Options
    edited November 2017

He forgot to add that the two quickest are the guy who does the mic stuff before and at half time and Keith peacock so not much to go on
  • Options
    Striker Leon Best has joined Charlton Athletic on a two-month contract.

The 31-year-old former Coventry City and Newcastle player has been training with the Addicks in recent weeks, and scored in a behind-closed-doors friendly against QPR.

Last season he was released by Ipswich Town after making just 12 appearances for the club without scoring a goal.

Best is expected to go straight into the Charlton squad to face Peterborough in League One on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

P A U L W I L L I A M S
  • Options
    edited November 2017

WSS said:

I'm inclined to agree, but it's not without precedent and is better than having a No. 3 in central midfield.

For Charlton, the precedent is Reza. Let that sink in.
    Garry, Garry, Garry, I'm trumping your Reza with a Killer Hales :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

WSS said:

For Charlton, the precedent is Reza. Let that sink in.
    Garry, Garry, Garry, I'm trumping your Reza with a Killer Hales :wink:
    We have a winner
  • Options
    smurfd said:

Leon me when you're not strong. is the Bestest.

Ah, yes ..... the old Bill Withers song.

• Options

very likely tomorrow

As usual I was right.

: - )
  • Options

Might have been Best himself being the issue

Didnt someone say earlier that he was trying to hold out for a deal for the season whereas we only wanted till the end of January? - Seems like he eventually backed down
    Believe the issue was above Robinson, not with Best.
  • Options
    Did he actually do anything, looked well off the pace to me.
  • Options
    He tried hard and even tracked back a bit, but couldn't get on the ball
  • Options

Another victory for the people’s champ

@DOUCHER 1 Henry 0

Let's not forget AB, redchaser, canters and quite a few of the other usual snipers - WIOTOS to be replaced by OAFDUMP - once again forthright doucher unilaterally marks position. I thankyou.