Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very likely a signing today (Best Signs Until January 27th (pg 11))

Comments

• Options
    Could we have a half-time announcement tonight? a la Ricardo Fuller? Would be superb
  • Options

Could we have a half-time announcement tonight? a la Ricardo Fuller? Would be superb

He's 38 now, so I doubt it! :wink:
  • Options
    I was hoping he would be an option tonight
  • Options

RHF will be on the bench tonight
  • Options

You mean the frisson of playing Rochdale isn't enough.
  • Options
    sm said:

You mean the frisson of playing Rochdale isn't enough.
    I suspect that this will be the only time I see the words "frisson" and "Rochdale" together...ever!! :wink:
  • Options

RHF will be on the bench tonight
    @Henry Irving
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will definitely sign tomorrow
  • Options

Who’s tomorrow?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Who’s tomorrow?
    No, Who's in goal
  • Options

Yeah for Wigan with the Statement saying: "We'd like to thank Charlton for getting him match fit"
  • Options
    If they aren't gonna sign him for tonight with our lack of options on the bench then I can't see them signing him at all unless Mag gets injured.

Think they're trying to hold out until Jan to see if we can get a better/more long term option in. Best is only a worst case if we have an injury.

If he does sign he might only play a couple times before Jan when we (hopefully) sign someone else and suddenly he's surplus.
  • Options
    Negotiating with best this week
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    DOUCHER said:

Where's that "It's Happening" gif
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I'm beginning to think we should take your posts with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I imagine the problem signing Best is we play 4-5-1, he isn't going to be 1st choice and he wants games after a spell out.
  • Options
    Can't tell you my source but I hear we have a few bits to do with Best

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I imagine the problem signing Best is we play 4-5-1, he isn't going to be 1st choice and he wants games after a spell out.

He's hardly in a great position himself after being out for so long. He needs to prove himself and earn a place in a side.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Which young player(s) could he be talking about? Someone new or just giving RHF more chances?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Well we have a Checkatrade trophy match coming up, what more can a player want!
  • Options
    The Club under RD won't want to spend any money full stop. If he's still around in January expect a couple of sales and the replacements to come from within.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

First and foremost we’re worrying about the players that are at the football club and seeing what we have. Seeing if we have something in the youth team to promote."

In playing style, Best is a ready made replacement for Magennis within the favoured 4-2-3-1 formation.

Robinson knows we've had no youngster to promote or that player would have made his mark already - especially with Magennis running himself into the ground a few weeks ago and needing resting.

Seems to me that the club, if they can avoid it, don't really want to spend any money on Best right now.
    But Robinson won't want to go into the Christmas matches with no cover for Magennis.

That was a strange comment. We don't have a target man centre forward waiting in the academy, itching to step up, indeed that's probably the one position where the academy hasn't really delivered, when you contrast the number of quality defenders we've produced
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

First and foremost we’re worrying about the players that are at the football club and seeing what we have. Seeing if we have something in the youth team to promote."

In playing style, Best is a ready made replacement for Magennis within the favoured 4-2-3-1 formation.

Robinson knows we've had no youngster to promote or that player would have made his mark already - especially with Magennis running himself into the ground a few weeks ago and needing resting.

Seems to me that the club, if they can avoid it, don't really want to spend any money on Best right now.
    But Robinson won't want to go into the Christmas matches with no cover for Magennis.

That was a strange comment. We don't have a target man centre forward waiting in the academy, itching to step up, indeed that's probably the one position where the academy hasn't really delivered, when you contrast the number of quality defenders we've produced
    Maybe he's waiting for the takeover to go through...
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Sounds like a negotiating stance comment to me
  • Options
    Scoham said:

LouisMend said:
    Which young player(s) could he be talking about? Someone new or just giving RHF more chances?
    Could be talking about Umerah and Hanlan again