Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very likely a signing today (Best Signs Until January 27th (pg 11))

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    c'mon it was hardly a surprise him signing. He'd been training with us a month or so, Robinson said they would be having a chat about signing him and lo and behold we did albeit about a week after you said a signing was likely today.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

He tried hard and even tracked back a bit, but couldn't get on the ball

Agreed... Got his head to the ball a good few times too

Did a lot better than some of the others out there last night
  • Options
    I thought he looked rusty but that is understandable. I hope he can give us another option.
  • Options
    'Hope' being the word that jumps out from above
  • Options

He's obviously not yet match fit and no doubt that showed last night.
    That's going to limit his involvement.

Probably too big an ask of him to start last night, last 25 mins as sub might have been more effective?

But we're short of attacking fit bodies and experience - and Best has experience in spades.
    He set Magennis up well .... Magennis should have scored, and if he had, Best would have been credited with an assist - and judged differently?

• Options
    Don't think 442 will work with our midfield - Best should really be used as backup.
  • Options

Don't think 442 will work with our midfield - Best should really be used as backup.

We seemed to start 4231, with Josh on the left, then changed to more of a 442 with Ricky on the left which left us very strong on the left but weak in the centre...

I was surprised Best started last night, I would have used him as a sub and started him on Sunday