Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    A middlesborough stop gap but Nicky Bailey went to Millwall
  • Options
    Sam Bartram (Guest in 1944 Cup Final)
  • Options
    We can't possibly look at any deals as if we are a normal club with a manager able to make normal signings.

What's the point of bemoaning the signings that don't give an ideal squad balance. We play in the third division, not the Champions League and players will have to play in the position that makes the best use of the resources available to the manager.

Ever the optimist, Wolves haven't been shabby in their recruitment so he can't be complete shite, it's not as if he was selected by the moron who dumped Polish Pete on us. Any half fit 6' 2" international with heading ability, even a Polish one must be worth a punt for a basket case of a third division club on the fringe of the play offs. Beggars can't be choosers.

If we can't get an out and out striker, a winger who can play as a striker can only be an improvement on a striker who can't buy a goal at the moment.
    shirty5 said:
    Heard Allardice on Talksport this morning saying only incoming is a loan (speculation Mangala Man City).
  • Options
    Sorry part of old post I never posted.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

one of our u23 players is going to Colchester. Not featured in a league game this season.

Is that on loan or perm?
    think perm
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

one of our u23 players is going to Colchester. Not featured in a league game this season.

Is that on loan or perm?
    think perm
    My guess is Charles-Cook. That would be a mistake by the club IMO.
  • Options
    Hanlan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Here we go - I bet he's gone by the end of the day.

I'm here to stay, mate, and am willing to fight for my place.
    Typical

Roland the great has warned me about the likes of you, the naysayers, doing all you can to undermine others' great work.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

How many players in history have moved directly between Charlton and Millwall btw

And now for something completely different:

How about keeper Dave Martin ..... on trial at Charlton, then on trial at Millwall.

Ha, gotcha!

• Options
    Whatever that tweet was about Konsa earlier, it's now been deleted.
  • Options
    Everton after Mangala so perhaps gone cold on Konza.
  • Options

Not sure those two would be linked necessarily. Mangala on loan (presumably) is a different thing entirely to signing Konsa permanently. For all his faults Mangala could walk into their team tomorrow. I don't think Konsa could. I suspect Konsa is seen as one for the future, which means they would be after him regardless IF they want him.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Not sure those two would be linked necessarily. Mangala on loan (presumably) is a different thing entirely to signing Konsa permanently. For all his faults Mangala could walk into their team tomorrow. I don't think Konsa could. I suspect Konsa is seen as one for the future, which means they would be after him regardless IF they want him.
    That's why I don't understand Brighton being after Konsa. They need players to make a difference to their first team, so that they finish 17th instead of 18th.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

That's why I don't understand Brighton being after Konsa. They need players to make a difference to their first team, so that they finish 17th instead of 18th.
    I don't know what Brighton's budget is, but I doubt the two are mutually exclusive. Yes it'd be a little odd to spend time and energy on deadline day securing a center back for next year, but if they feel the opportunity is there to get a good, young, English player with a big upside before one of the big clubs get him, then I think there's some sense in it.

The other thing is, with just a few hours to go in the window, you wonder how many true difference makers are available.
  • Options

Chris Martin to Reading. Could they have a striker surplus to requurements?

Don't. It's the hope that kills you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Harriott is still injured
    Seriously, Harriott's been out for a long time - what type of injury, does anyone know?

• Options
    kafka said:

Terry Brisley?

I was going to bloody mention him.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Sage said:

On another note, Eoin Doyle has resigned for Oldham on loan for the rest of the season. Haven’t seen Zyro play yet but gutted we couldn’t sign him like we were close to. Real shame about his blood clot but good to see he is getting healthy again nonetheless.

Is he healthy again? Last I heard it was something like 8 weeks before he could take part in contact training.

Edit: Update, yeah he's out of action until March. Think it's more a move of desperation from Oldham than anything. If he were fit I think he'd be worth the punt. But I think Zyro has better potential down to better pedigree, though if Doyle were fit Zyro would be more of a gamble.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-striker-eoin-doyle-returns-to-oldham-on-loan-1-8992339
  • Options

Nah it would be too GOOD to be true
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

On another note, Eoin Doyle has resigned for Oldham on loan for the rest of the season. Haven’t seen Zyro play yet but gutted we couldn’t sign him like we were close to. Real shame about his blood clot but good to see he is getting healthy again nonetheless.

Is he healthy again? Last I heard it was something like 8 weeks before he could take part in contact training.

Edit: Update, yeah he's out of action until March. Think it's more a move of desperation from Oldham than anything. If he were fit I think he'd be worth the punt. But I think Zyro has better potential down to better pedigree, though if Doyle were fit Zyro would be more of a gamble.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-striker-eoin-doyle-returns-to-oldham-on-loan-1-8992339
    Also in that article it says Oldham have signed Ben Pringle from PNE too. Good signing for them that is.
  • Options
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Also in that article it says Oldham have signed Ben Pringle from PNE too. Good signing for them that is.
    Oh I missed that, good shout. Yeah Pringle could be a very good signing at this level.

He doesn't seem to have been up to much since leaving Rotherham. I remember reading he was thoroughly underwhelming at Fulham. I wonder if League One is really his level (he did have at least one good season with Rotherham in the Championship). I wouldn't have minded if we'd considered him.
  • Options
    Urgh. That wouldn't be good.