Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

Nicholas said:

Oztumer is quality would love to have him at Charlton.

Its still bugs me that a man smaller than jay da silva scored a header against us.

Good player, defo one i would be over the moon with.
    Jay's jumping is amazing at times - best jump to height ratio in the club by a mile.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Where's Reeco going? City or United?

I don’t think we would loan him to Oxford United to help a rival, so I’m guessing oxford city
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Out of contract in the summer I think. He’d be a good addition whether we get promoted or not.

Yeah, fits those Powell signings who were bought because they could play at a higher level.
    That’s what I’d love to see under new ownership. Not spending millions on players but careful squad building, buying the best of league 1 and 2 who will grow with us over 5/6 years and hopefully into the Premier League like Kins, Robbo etc
  • Options

In order to finish in the top 2 we would probably have to win about 14 out of 18.
    Not impossible but unlikely.
    Top six is more realistic imo.

In order to finish in the top 2 we would probably have to win about 14 out of 18.

We need to be the in form team at the time of the playoffs.......whether we are 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th.
    It’s very often the in form team that wins the day in the playoffs.....hard to get the timing right.
  • Options

We need to be the in form team at the time of the playoffs.......whether we are 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th.
    It’s very often the in form team that wins the day in the playoffs.....hard to get the timing right.
    Exactly. Millwall scraped 6th on the last game of the season, with 73 points & then beat Scunny & Bradford (as we knew they would).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Breaking news........ Henry Irving transferred to the Millwall Museum............. No one likes him now but he don't care..................Airman Brown accepts the terms offered by Crystal Palace and starts up a fanzine : Eagles eat Seagulls.

and DOUCHER has been transferred to the Dark Side :smile: -))

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Firstly, that would very much surprise me. He was set to play on Saturday as well.

Secondly, he’s not a midfielder, he’s a forward.
  • Options

Where's Reeco going? City or United?

I don’t think we would loan him to Oxford United to help a rival, so I’m guessing oxford city
    Yeah yeah I’ve already dropped the Oxford joke. Went down really well though.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I don't know if this has been posted before but I've just lifted it from our OS.
    Robinson's a bit of a scallywag, isn't he? He's obviously really anxious to keep hold of Konsa - but this made me me laugh.

Robinson on being asked about the transfer window:

“I’m not well, so I can’t be contacted for three days. My phone’s broken so no-one can contact me. All of those Premier League scouts that were here to watch him (Ezri Konsa) today, it’s a shame isn’t it.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a6ca57f1f6c9/robinson-on-blackpool-postponement-ezri-konsa-future-sullay-kaikai-signing-and-the-transfer-window

I think he’s really enjoying himself with KM gone and Roland selling.
    Anarchy!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Oggy Red said:

I don't know if this has been posted before but I've just lifted it from our OS.
    Robinson's a bit of a scallywag, isn't he? He's obviously really anxious to keep hold of Konsa - but this made me me laugh.

Robinson on being asked about the transfer window:

“I’m not well, so I can’t be contacted for three days. My phone’s broken so no-one can contact me. All of those Premier League scouts that were here to watch him (Ezri Konsa) today, it’s a shame isn’t it.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a6ca57f1f6c9/robinson-on-blackpool-postponement-ezri-konsa-future-sullay-kaikai-signing-and-the-transfer-window

I think he’s really enjoying himself with KM gone and Roland selling.
    Anarchy!
    Robinson's just desperate not to lose Konsa.

It's just all the babble he comes out with, lol

• Options
    Karl can turn his phone off for a couple of days.

Won't stop Roland selling Konsa, and letting him know by email.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

CAFCDAZ said:

Nicholas said:

Oztumer is quality would love to have him at Charlton.

Its still bugs me that a man smaller than jay da silva scored a header against us.

Good player, defo one i would be over the moon with.
    Raheem Sterling scored with a header yesterday. You don't need to be tall if you're free in the box.
    I have a feeling that's exactly why it bugs him?
    Indeed norfolk so small they didnt realise his there. It's like playing the borrowers!
  • Options
    Karl Robinson will not let any- body leave Charlton Athletic after Tuesday night – 24 hours earlier than the deadline for the winter transfer window.

The Addicks signed Crystal Palace winger Sullay Kaikai, right, on Friday. He is their fifth loan capture of the season – the most they can play in any matchday squad.
    Defender Ezri Konsa has attracted interest from Brighton and Everton.

Robinson said: “We’ve had no offers. I’m saying nobody can leave after Tuesday. If we had loans available then going later than that is fine – but we don’t. To try and get a permanent done is a lot more difficult.”

If Konsa was to go then one player still believed to be on Robinson’s radar is Sheffield United midfielder Samir Carruthers.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    From yesterdays news

Nicky Ajose is set to hold talks with Charlton Athletic tomorrow to determine where his short-term future lies.

The striker spent the first half of the campaign on loan at Bury but struggled to make any impression there – scoring just once in nine League One fixtures.

Ajose was due to spend the whole season with the Shakers but has been back training with the Addicks.

The South London Press reported recently that Charlton looked likely to send the former Manchester United trainee, 26, back out on loan for the second half of the 2017-18 campaign.

Ajose played just six full matches for Bury and was not in their matchday squad for 17 fixtures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just waiting for all the last minute low bids to come in for Konsa.

Every body knows that RD is looking to cash in, so like good poker players they will leave it late with cheap bids, if no bidding war ensues he will either go cheaply or may be not at all.

Fingers crossed its the later.

• Options
    ross1 said:

Karl Robinson will not let any- body leave Charlton Athletic after Tuesday night – 24 hours earlier than the deadline for the winter transfer window.

The Addicks signed Crystal Palace winger Sullay Kaikai, right, on Friday. He is their fifth loan capture of the season – the most they can play in any matchday squad.
    Defender Ezri Konsa has attracted interest from Brighton and Everton.

Robinson said: “We’ve had no offers. I’m saying nobody can leave after Tuesday. If we had loans available then going later than that is fine – but we don’t. To try and get a permanent done is a lot more difficult.”

If Konsa was to go then one player still believed to be on Robinson’s radar is Sheffield United midfielder Samir Carruthers.

**Waits for Konsa to be sold a minute before the deadline with no replacement**
  • Options
    I think Karl knows he will not now be sold and is making himself look like he is in control.

May indicate we are close to being sold.
  • Options
    The best thing to happen for Konsa's career(but not his bank balance) would be to stay at Charlton and play every week (if selected)and help us get into the play offs and in the mean time prove soapboxsam and other doubters wrong. If in the summer after we are promoted ! He get an offer from the premier then good luck and have a great career.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I think Karl knows he will not now be sold and is making himself look like he is in control.

Do you want a bet on that ? :wink:
  • Options
    If Konsa goes we have four as back-up plus JJ and Djiksteel have also played there this season. Hope we keep him though, will be a better player if we go up.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Do you want a bet on that ? :wink:
    Prepared to have a shilling on the side.
  • Options
    Stokes released by Hibs
  • Options

Stokes released by Hibs

Fair price now.