Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Amos has been great. I'd sign him up in a heart beat. Best keeper we've had for years.

Phillips is a bit overrated on here imho.

Phillips just needs a run of games.

He proved that at Cheltenham a year or so ago, where he was their standout performer in a promotion winning side.

Not to be a snob, but I would expect any Charlton player who is on the fringe of the starting XI to stand out in a non league side like they were at the time. If we go up and do end up with Amos I will be confident in that position, with Phillips there are question marks. Amos has a better stature for a goalie and a much better pedigree, got to think as well he has 5 years on him. I personally don't want to see Phillips out on loan purely because I think he is better off here. He may well go and be a top keeper for a side like Cheltenham (where there will be far less pressure) and come back to us not the same. I would prefer Amos as our number 1 with Phillips learning from him, challenging for the shirt and ready to step up if needs be. Keeping him around the squad and playing him in less significant games will be more useful than shipping him away imo, who would be our back up if something went wrong?

• Options
    Amos in on £20k a week. If he were to join he’d have to have a major rethink about his demands.
    Chances are we are merely putting him in the shop window
  • Options
    Amos is on £18000 a week. Talks with Amos agents started when Meire was still here. But none have been had since. I dont suppose that anything will happen until the Takeover.
  • Options
    Just seen that embarrassing video we have out together on our twitter account to announce his signing really wish this sort of shit would stop it’s all very American and very palace
  • Options
    I think Amos would have to adjust his wage demands for any club below the Premier League, 20k is a lot of money to pay someone who's been at League One level for the last two years.

People are right about Phillips though, I like him as a Goalkeeper too and think he could be our No.1 but he needed to go somewhere on loan
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Amos is on £18000 a week. Talks with Amos agents started when Meire was still here. But none have been had since. I dont suppose that anything will happen until the Takeover.

And when his contract ends he will be on £0 a week unless he signs a new contract with a club or gets a new profession. He’s definitely good enough imo that some club (or more) will want him in his/their team and it’s just a question of how much that/those clubs can pay. Obviously it would be a major struggle but I suspect a lowly contract of say £5,000 or even £4,000 per week could be enough to get by on - not enough for the CL clique I admit but I’ve heard some people do manage on wages like that...
  • Options
    How much would our top earners be on ? What was Ricky getting before he left ? I always think that one of the most important players in the team is your GK yet it’s often a position that gets neglected in terms of team investment. A very good custodian can win you as many points over the season as your top striker. How many times did Deano save our Premiership bacon. I’d feel perfectly comfortable with Charlton having Amos signed and being one of our top earners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shrewsbury admitted they were in for Kaikai but he came to us for geographical reasons. Even though none of us are sure of the lads ability, that has to be seen as a coup!

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2018/01/26/shrewsbury-town-business-to-heat-up-after-missing-out-on-loan-signing/
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

18k a week at Bolton? No wonder they're skint.
  • Options
    The day players are picking us just over Shrewsbury cheers Roland you wanker
  • Options
    edited January 2018

There is positive and there is going way way way OTT before players having even kicked a ball.

Pleased with our business this window (no Meire or Driesen) so far but games are won on the pitch. If only we done this in the summer.

Looking good and welcome Kaikai, sensible loan.

JFC should play as the 10 if we have to play 4231

PS lots of suggested line ups none of which feature Magennis. I expect KR to still pick him for most games this season.

As I've been saying since August we'll be promoted at Rochdale.

Agreed, I believe JFC is more suited to the ten role than a DM. He also has a very good shot.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

dickplumb said:

18k a week at Bolton and not even in their squad, football really has gone mental !
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

dickplumb said:

The best of it is, he was 4th choice keeper as well.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Thank God for that!

Fantastic signing and going to be very influential for going attacking wise for the rest of this season.

Will Kaikai's signing mean that somebody like KAG may be going out on loan?

Can't answer that right now, will try and find out.

Personally hope not as I think he still has a part to play this season, and we need as many players in the run in as we can. If we were to get in another striker, I can see him going out on loan, but for now, no I hope not.

I believe this is more of a Holmes replacement, but someone who can play more centrally too. He has goals in him this boy.
    Okay, a few days since this post and I think everyone can work out the answer that’s coming. KAG is staying, going nowhere and sounds very much part of KR’s plans. The only way he would be going anywhere is if we somehow signed a couple of strikers but that’s not happening.
  • Options
    He was poor today. Back to running down cul de sacs.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Thank God for that!

Fantastic signing and going to be very influential for going attacking wise for the rest of this season.

Will Kaikai's signing mean that somebody like KAG may be going out on loan?

Can't answer that right now, will try and find out.

Personally hope not as I think he still has a part to play this season, and we need as many players in the run in as we can. If we were to get in another striker, I can see him going out on loan, but for now, no I hope not.

I believe this is more of a Holmes replacement, but someone who can play more centrally too. He has goals in him this boy.
    Okay, a few days since this post and I think everyone can work out the answer that’s coming. KAG is staying, going nowhere and sounds very much part of KR’s plans. The only way he would be going anywhere is if we somehow signed a couple of strikers but that’s not happening.
    I read somewhere a couple of days that ago that Ajose is supposed to be loaned out shortly.
    There's only a couple of days left - any moves happening for him?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoop said it was happening. Also another loan for Hanlan.
  • Options
    Where's Reeco going? City or United?
  • Options
    POSTED BY: RICHARD CAWLEY 29TH JANUARY 2018

Nicky Ajose is set to hold talks with Charlton Athletic tomorrow to determine where his short-term future lies.

The striker spent the first half of the campaign on loan at Bury but struggled to make any impression there – scoring just once in nine League One fixtures.

Ajose was due to spend the whole season with the Shakers but has been back training with the Addicks.

The South London Press reported recently that Charlton looked likely to send the former Manchester United trainee, 26, back out on loan for the second half of the 2017-18 campaign.

Ajose played just six full matches for Bury and was not in their matchday squad for 17 fixtures.
  • Options
    Erhun Oztumer scored for Walsall as Charlton Athletic won 3-1 at The Valley in the Addicks last time out.

And there are reports that the 26-year-old attacking midfielder was a Karl Robinson target prior to the boss being told he was unable to sign players on a permanent basis because of the sale of the club.

It is reported that Charlton have called off their pursuit - although that may have happened a while ago as Robinson has since attracted other attacking to the club, albeit on loan.

Interestingly, Oztumer learned his trade in SE9 at Sparrows Lane, spending nine years in the youth set-up at Charlton.
  • Options

Where's Reeco going? City or United?

Oxford?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Nicholas said:

Oztumer is quality would love to have him at Charlton.

Its still bugs me that a man smaller than jay da silva scored a header against us.

Good player, defo one i would be over the moon with.
  • Options
    Out of contract in the summer I think. He’d be a good addition whether we get promoted or not.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

Nicholas said:

Its still bugs me that a man smaller than jay da silva scored a header against us.

Raheem Sterling scored with a header yesterday. You don't need to be tall if you're free in the box.
  • Options

CAFCDAZ said:

Nicholas said:

Raheem Sterling scored with a header yesterday. You don't need to be tall if you're free in the box.
    I have a feeling that's exactly why it bugs him?