Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Thank God for that!

Fantastic signing and going to be very influential for going attacking wise for the rest of this season.

Will Kaikai's signing mean that somebody like KAG may be going out on loan?

Can't answer that right now, will try and find out.

Personally hope not as I think he still has a part to play this season, and we need as many players in the run in as we can. If we were to get in another striker, I can see him going out on loan, but for now, no I hope not.

I believe this is more of a Holmes replacement, but someone who can play more centrally too. He has goals in him this boy.
    That'd be great. Holmes always struggled when played through the middle. And with our system we need goals from the attacking three.

With KAG, when everyone's fit I can't see him making the bench. That said, lesson from this season obviously is everyone is never fit at the same time. But i would feel for him if he's forced to play U23 football because we don't have the emergency loan system anymore.

Matchday 18: Amos, Phillips, Bauer, Konsa, Sarr, Pearce, Solly, DaSilva, Jackson, Aribo, JFC, Kashi, Kaikai, Zyro, Magennis, Fosu, Marshall, Mavididi

Missing out: Reeves, KAG, Lennon, Dijksteel, Reeco

That doesn't include Reeves, who despite some of the hyperbole and poor performances, is a good player. It would make KAG the 20th-ish player, which is tough on him.

I can definitely see Hanlan going back out on loan, and Reeco as well. Think it would be good for both of their developments.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    the way we keep signing non-forwards I'm expecting to be playing 4-6-0 soon.

I'm glad KR said that we would be signing players who were in form & scoring as I'd hate to see our transfer policy if he was going for players who weren't.

(yes, I know the rug's been pulled from under his feet but perhaps that might teach him to keep his mouth shut when in comes to transfer dealings in future. As they say, God gave you TWO ears & ONE mouth and you should use them in that proportion)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I remember back in the day, a team would have one, possibly two, creative players. We seem to have five or six.

Remember when Rodney Marsh type players couldn’t be trusted to play for England?
  • Options

the way we keep signing non-forwards I'm expecting to be playing 4-6-0 soon.

All our goals seem to be coming from non-forwards anyway, Golfie.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Thank God for that!

Fantastic signing and going to be very influential for going attacking wise for the rest of this season.

Personally hope not as I think he still has a part to play this season, and we need as many players in the run in as we can. If we were to get in another striker, I can see him going out on loan, but for now, no I hope not.

I believe this is more of a Holmes replacement, but someone who can play more centrally too. He has goals in him this boy.
    That'd be great. Holmes always struggled when played through the middle. And with our system we need goals from the attacking three.

With KAG, when everyone's fit I can't see him making the bench. That said, lesson from this season obviously is everyone is never fit at the same time. But i would feel for him if he's forced to play U23 football because we don't have the emergency loan system anymore.

Matchday 18: Amos, Phillips, Bauer, Konsa, Sarr, Pearce, Solly, DaSilva, Jackson, Aribo, JFC, Kashi, Kaikai, Zyro, Magennis, Fosu, Marshall, Mavididi

That doesn't include Reeves, who despite some of the hyperbole and poor performances, is a good player. It would make KAG the 20th-ish player, which is tough on him.

I can definitely see Hanlan going back out on loan, and Reeco as well. Think it would be good for both of their developments.
    The plan is for Recco to go out on loan for the rest of the season (sorry Henry) but again, that very much dependent on how we are nearer the end of next week.
    Yup makes sense. He seems to be at that stage where he's too good to be playing U23 level and the Real Madrid and Bayern Munich bidding war hasn't started yet. Think playing Regularly in League Two would suit him well. Think he'd do quite well in that league.

Can you say anything on Hanlan? Seems to be in much the same position from where I'm sitting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Thank God for that!

The plan is for Recco to go out on loan for the rest of the season (sorry Henry) but again, that very much dependent on how we are nearer the end of next week.
    Yup makes sense. He seems to be at that stage where he's too good to be playing U23 level and the Real Madrid and Bayern Munich bidding war hasn't started yet. Think playing Regularly in League Two would suit him well. Think he'd do quite well in that league.

Can you say anything on Hanlan? Seems to be in much the same position from where I'm sitting.
    Not sure about Hanlan, haven't heard anything about him.

Too good for National League, but didn't set League Two alight.. maybe another club in League Two might be better for the remainder of the season if he was to go back out.
  • Options
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Thank God for that!

No need to say sorry as it is the next logical step in his development.

Just hope it is a league side.
  • Options

Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Oggy Red said:

Sage said:

Thank God for that!

No need to say sorry as it is the next logical step in his development.

Just hope it is a league side.
    And as they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder
  • Options
    Can't be right, Robinson has never heard of him.
  • Options

With our luck with injuries we could lose 3 players to injury tonight in the hotel bar in Blackpool so I would suggest we keep everybody we can.
  • Options
    So assuming everyone is fit apart from Clarke obviously what's the first choice front 4 now?

Mavididi, Reeves, Fosu, Zyro?

Or Mavididi, Fosu, Marshall, Zyro?

Either way the likes of Kaikai, Reeves/Marshall and Magennis on the bench is pretty strong for league one
  • Options

So assuming everyone is fit apart from Clarke obviously what's the first choice front 4 now?

Mavididi, Reeves, Fosu, Zyro?

Or Mavididi, Fosu, Marshall, Zyro?

Either way the likes of Kaikai, Reeves/Marshall and Magennis on the bench is pretty strong for league one

Mavididi Aribo Fosu Zyro
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kaikai so good they named him twice.

And a pity we're not in the same league as Stoke.....

" Kaikai, Kai, Delilah...."
    You on the wine already:)
  • Options

Kaikai so good they named him twice.

And a pity we're not in the same league as Stoke.....

" Kaikai, Kai, Delilah...."
    You on the wine already:)
    As if !!

Saving myself for tomorrow.....

....and the karaoke. :wink:
  • Options
    Can it mean Fosu will he sold?
    Thank god he got injured in a way because if he’d kept up his early season form, he’d have almost certainly been flogged
  • Options
    fosu, aribo, reeves, amos fees agreed and gone by weds

8)
  • Options

Nothing would surprise me.

• Options

You're a happy bunny
    Anyway Amos is not ours to sell

8)

• Options
    Where's the separate thread for Kaikai then? :-)
  • Options
    Not sure that's a hotel ... looks more like a B&B to me. Anyway #WelcomeKaiKai
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    KR - " he's an exciting player....."

said the same about Dodoo.